• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

How is the PC community doing?
Healthy and active?

I just bought it, and in almost 7hrs I've been in maybe 3 matches with full teams. I'm loving it to death, but I've been put into empty servers so many times it's not funny :/.

But it is fun, so I'd recommend more people get it just so it'd grow.

The sticker packs are just something you earn in-game, right? I don't care about the Sony character skins in the preorder, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something important.

Jamix012

I liked the Smartglass features in the Xbone version, can the Vita do them? Or any other way of doing them? Without them I don't think I'll double dip.

whats the size? it doesnt appear in the PSN store and download list, would like to know because one of the people i bought it for has shitty connection so i would like to know if he will make it in time lol

Huggers

So excited to get this. Was annoyed at the time that it was a timed exclusive but it's paid off in a sense I still have it to look forward to. Day one!

I need way more of those game parody pictures, they're hilarious. Were there any for the Xbox release?

Hp9TbVf.jpg

FY4zJWbl.jpg

3HPqcEHl.jpg

Ekgz0B7l.jpg

Vestax

Banned
I really want to play this game on the PS4, but I'm worried about it having a strong community in the next few months being an online-only game. There's quite a few games coming out for the PS4 going into the holiday season (Destiny, CoD, etc) which might affect the online community.

I got exactly $40 on my PSN wallet. Decisions.

I've been on the fence between either getting this or Diablo on ps4. Diablo doesn't have a demo on ps3, right? If it did I can try that out cause right now looks like PvZ has the edge with the origin trial thing, about 50% more before I can play it and see if i want it or not.

Ziffles

Great, thanks! I was wondering if I'd not like controller vs mouse/keayboard, so now I can really compare!

One nice thing is the game lets you seamlessly transition between the two whenever you feel like it. As soon as you touch the controller, the 360 button prompts pop up, but when you touch the mouse, it goes back to KB+M prompts. Pretty slick.

Really looking forward to this on PS4. Gonna wait until it drops to £20 before I buy it, though. Hopefully I can find a sweet deal.

I have the Xbox one version and it was a lot of fun (even with the little kids screaming at their kinect). I'm getting the PS4 version in hopes of playing with less kids.

gillty

Banned
I just bought it, and in almost 7hrs I've been in maybe 3 matches with full teams. I'm loving it to death, but I've been put into empty servers so many times it's not funny :/.

But it is fun, so I'd recommend more people get it just so it'd grow.
This is the exact opposite experience of my own, it is very rare for a Garden and Graveyards match to not be filled in my experience. I play at all different times as well due to my work.

This game is superb. (PC)

This is one of those games I pre-ordered during E3 promos but didn't even realize I added it until I got the confirmation e-mail. It's definitely one of the games that intrigued me about the One because it looked pretty fun. Will be interesting to see how much of a time investment it gets from me.

twdnewh_k

Not sure if this was posted already but you play it free on PC for 3 days. Part of Origin's Game Time program which is similar to the steam free weekends.

Downloading now. about 9gb.

I played the free trial on Origin last night and am thinking about snagging this, but I'm just worried the community will die off in a few weeks once more games are released. It's really damn fun from what I've played though, so I might just go for it and hope for the best.

considering picking this up for nephews as there's not a lot of games they can play split-screen co-op on ps4. how robust is the local co-op mode? is the game worth picking up if that is the sole reason you are buying it?

Wish I hadn't bought on PC, the game already feels like a ghost town and I didn't realize it was coming out on PS4 so soon.

It's fantastic, though. I just wish the unlocks a) didn't take so long and b) weren't randomized.

LtOrange

When I was playing the PC version, I couldn't find any way to form a squad/party with a friend. Is it the same way on consoles? It got annoying when we wanted to try the different game modes and had to keep inviting each other.

For anyone who has played the game, how long does it last? Is it a short game?

My mind is fighting me over this and Diablo 3 if I'm able to pick anything up this month.

Nintendad

I just pre-ordered it on PSN. Super excited that it's unlocked at Midnight. Add me if you wanna play as my PSN name is SuperNintendad

-MD-

Wish I hadn't bought on PC, the game already feels like a ghost town

Uh what? Are we playing the same game?

What kind of experience is this, quite solo based or squad based like say TF2?

Both, having someone with you can seriously help but if you're good enough you can get things done on your own.

For anyone who has played the game, how long does it last? Is it a short game?

It's multiplayer so it lasts however long you want it to last. I have over 100 hours logged on PC and I'm still having fun.

Top Bottom