• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Salih

Nooo, they nerfed the Marine Biologist. He was such a Power House.

Also Agent Pea having 25HP less is also BS. I need new go-to-classes.

At least they also towned down the range of toxic attacks.

JON4495

Yep, pretty weird how they've not been implemented yet.

Also how does party matchmaking work in PvZ? I could not find how to start a game with friends in PvP.

I was having the same problem yesterday. You need to create a party chat on the ps4 itself, and then you can select party matchmaking when choosing a game mode

vypek

I wish I got to play with Marine Biologist and Law Pea before they were fixed. Its okay though, I remember matches against them and they were definitely crazy good. I have a mini vacation coming up so I cannot wait to get back to this game.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Today PvZ was telling my son he needed PS+ to play. Did something change?

Ferr986

Im on the other side, Im liking the Taco mode a lot (I usually like to play with Plants).

Shop is trolling me though. I like the Pea and Sunflower plants the most, yet everything I get is for the Cactus and the Carnivorous Plant :(

thenexus6

Thought i'd attempt a Garden Op on crazy tonight. It was so easy, I put it on sharkbite shores and done it with three randoms no problem.

I wish you could pick what team you want to be matchmade onto somehow. I'm trying to level up my engineer but I'm only getting put on plant teams.

Frankenshroom
Cat Dragon
Pumpkin head zombie

All three are consumables. What did you get?

Also they don't have "3x" or any number at the top... so are they like unlimited? Well I'll find out next time I play.

Same thing as you did.

They are not unlimted, we get a Halloween themed pack every day.

The team balance in this game is complete shit. If one team has more players, why are people allowed to switch to that team? It happens every single time at the start of a G&G match. Zombies always have more players. So annoying and it leads to stompfests.

CozMick

Banned
The halloween content came out of nowhere,

Is there a list of possible items to collect? and is there still time to get them all?

Nexfero

Neo Member
First halloween pack was two fridays ago and packs don't stack. From what I've noticed every zombie has a hat and a mask while plants have a mask and a accessory.

Has anyone not gotten the rare pack for the domination community challange?

CozMick

Banned
First halloween pack was two fridays ago and packs don't stack. From what I've noticed every zombie has a hat and a mask while plants have a mask and a accessorie.

Has anyone not gotten the rare pack for the Domination community challange?

It ends tomorrow doesnt it?

EDIT : : nevermind, that was the last one right?

moai

So after a lot of stickers I finally unlocked a flower variant: the mystic flower
and it sucks :(

I find the mystic flower awesome, the charge shot is very useful. I find the other variants too weak to be effective on the attack.

cackhyena

After getting used to it. I find the cactus to be one of the best interpretations of the sniper class since the Wookies in BC2.

I have yet to play it after I downloaded today, but you're making me giddy if that is the case. Haven't enjoyed sniping as much in a game since BC2.

I picked this up as part of the sale this week and it doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem?

I had the same problem, as did many others. If you can't fix it by restoring your licenses, you'll have to call Sony and get a refund. They'll tell you to re download and all should be fine. When I first purchased it in the sale, it never said "purchased" under the game's main page. Like all games do after you buy them. I knew something was up. If that's the case wit you as well, you might as well just call and get the process started. Sucks, but I don't know of another fix.

I had the same problem, as did many others. If you can't fix it by restoring your licenses, you'll have to call Sony and get a refund. They'll tell you to re download and all should be fine. When I first purchased it in the sale, it never said "purchased" under the game's main page. Like all games do after you buy them. I knew something was up. If that's the case wit you as well, you might as well just call and get the process started. Sucks, but I don't know of another fix.

Thanks. Ridiculous that this won't work.

I've been trying to get back in to this, and as far as I can determine side-switch balancing has been completely removed.

I tried switching from Plants to Zombies when outnumbered by 2 and it let me.

I've been playing Gardens and Graveyards and every single game all day Zombies have been outnumbering plants by 3-4 people.

I admit that even as plants this helps coins/minute, but it's no longer as fun as it was, there's no doubt who will win, even terrible Zombies will almost always eventually get the capture when they outnumber plants by 4.

Nexfero

Neo Member
I bought a physical copy of the game. I want to get the digital version since it's on sale. If I remember correctly I have to delete the physical copy and download the digital version correct? Also, is the game progress saved on EA servers because I can't find the save file. Has anyone also upgrades from physical to digital?

CozMick

Banned
I bought a physical copy of the game. I want to get the digital version since it's on sale. If I remember correctly I have to delete the physical copy and download the digital version correct? Also, is the game progress saved on EA servers because I can't find the save file. Has anyone also upgrades from physical to digital?

There is no save file, its all stored on EA servers,

And yes, you will have to delete the physical install and download the digital version.

I've been trying to get back in to this, and as far as I can determine side-switch balancing has been completely removed.

I tried switching from Plants to Zombies when outnumbered by 2 and it let me.

I've been playing Gardens and Graveyards and every single game all day Zombies have been outnumbering plants by 3-4 people.

I admit that even as plants this helps coins/minute, but it's no longer as fun as it was, there's no doubt who will win, even terrible Zombies will almost always eventually get the capture when they outnumber plants by 4.
The Zombies are just more fun to play in Gardens & Graveyards. A lot more fun! You feel more like a team when you're attacking the objectives rather than just some turret sitting in the garden trying to hold them back. The last levels are super fun too with that cannon ball shot across the ocean and then the one with the walnuts rolling down the stairs you have to dodge. I love being a zombie in G&G.

The Zombies are just more fun to play in Gardens & Graveyards. A lot more fun! You feel more like a team when you're attacking the objectives rather than just some turret sitting in the garden trying to hold them back. The last levels are super fun too with that cannon ball shot across the ocean and then the one with the walnuts rolling down the stairs you have to dodge. I love being a zombie in G&G.

I actually feel the opposite, I prefer plants, but that's not the point.

If the Zombies already have 2 more people and it lets me switch, that means Zombies outnumber plants by 4.

How can that be fun for anybody? Why is this now allowed? When I used to play you could only switch sides if the teams were roughly even, although even then it would allow you to switch while even, which gave +2 advantages.

*EDIT* This evening it's the same thing. Worse, in that people who want to switch to the team with 4 more players but can't get a handful of points and then just basically afk, doing absolutely nothing.

I was just in a game where the game was 12 on 5. Really 12 on 9 but only 5 of the 9 had > 1000 points(above the freebie points), the rest were standing behind boulders doing nothing..

Gardens and Graveyards is a totally ruined mode. And for what? What's the point of unlocking more to play in this environment? Maybe other modes are better.

Nexfero

Neo Member
There is no save file, its all stored on EA servers,

And yes, you will have to delete the physical install and download the digital version.
I figured just making sure, didn't want to loose all my progress. I just got done collecting all of the weapon upgrades for every character. It's done downloading the necessary files for the game to start and didn't seem to have problems with the licensing. I think they fixed that issue.

Edit: It's done downloading and didn't have problems with the license. An odd thing I noticed it didn't ask me to log into my Origin account again.

Top Bottom