• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break-- You still can't watch live-action videos on PC/Xbox app in 2024

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I downloaded Quantum Break through Game Pass PC/Xbox App and enjoyed playing Act 1. However, when I expected to watch the cinematic that matched my story choice, I encountered the 'unable to stream' error. After a quick Google search, I found out that this issue has been known for years and still hasn't been resolved. Everyone is watching the live-action videos on YouTube. Console version has "episode pack" that you can download but PC version doesn't have that.

It seems that fewer people have this problem on Steam version. All my excitement for the game is gone. I don’t understand how Remedy and Microsoft can allow something like this. It's clear that you don't care about Game Pass users, but isn’t it unfair to those who paid for the game too(you can buy it on Microsoft Store)?

Now I'll try to find YouTube videos that match my choices, but I don’t know how long I can keep doing this. This is bs. While searching for this problem, I found out a lot of people complaining about "lightning" issues too. I can't believe how Microsoft treats its own dear exclusive game like this.

SHA

If you feel attached to the game just buy it dirt cheap, use this site to get notified

I think it's on sale at this moment.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
If you feel attached to the game just buy it dirt cheap, use this site to get notified

I think it's on sale at this moment.
It shows Xbox console deals. Steam version drops to 8-10 dollars during sale periods, but as a Game Pass PC user, I don't want to pay extra for it on another store.
Don't really have any help to offer here, but I did recently install Quantum Break on my Xbox Series X and I can confirm that you can still download all the live action videos (they're 80GB+ in size) and play them offline just fine.
Yeah console version seems to work fine.

SHA

It shows Xbox console deals. Steam version drops to 8-10 dollars during sale periods, but as a Game Pass PC user, I don't want to pay extra for it on another store.

Yeah console version seems to work fine.
That for steam

Ovek

7Member7
I might be misremembering but I think I got QB for free on the Epic game store? I can’t remember, all I can remember is that I played it on PC and the video’s played fine.

I quite enjoyed it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I might be misremembering but I think I got QB for free on the Epic game store? I can’t remember, all I can remember is that I played it on PC and the video’s played fine.

I quite enjoyed it.

Always Sunny Shut Up GIF

This isn’t a thread about how great QB was. It’s a shit on MS thread.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

I quite enjoyed it.

It was probably the Steam version. I don't think there is an Epic store version. Maybe you're remembering Control?

This isn’t a thread about how great QB was. It’s a shit on MS thread.

Remedy takes some of it too.

GHG

Well the choice is yours, either buy it on steam when it's on sale for dirt cheap and enjoy the game to the fullest, or continue to complain about the Xbox app being the Xbox app (the aren't fixing it).

Choose Red Pill GIF by Christopher Pindling

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Well the choice is yours, either buy it on steam when it's on sale for dirt cheap and enjoy the game to the fullest, or continue to complain about the Xbox app being the Xbox app (the aren't fixing it).

Choose Red Pill GIF by Christopher Pindling
Xbox app works great in a lot of games, it's much better than it used to be. This specific game is causing trouble at the moment. They could add that episode pack available on Xbox console to Pc store and that's it. It's not an app related problem.

I'll watch those videos on YouTube, even though it detracts from the experience. I just can't believe how they treat their own popular~ game on their own store.

Top Bottom