• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick, name some good GBA games.

Bowser

My friend asked me to recommend him a GBA game to get. He mentioned Mario Pinball (I told him no on that) and Mario vs Donkey Kong. He's the kind of guy who loves the Mario games and he loves Wario Ware (I think he's really only into platforming type games because he has all the GBA Marios and the GBA DKC). What do you guys recommend?

Brofist

B0002OVBOS.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Mario & Luigi.. enough platforming to be familiar to mario fans but enough RPG for it to be fresh and new.

bonesquad

Definitely Metroid Fusion or even Zero Mission.

Mario & Luigi is a very good game, but that's an RPG. If that doesn't matter, FF Tactics and Golden Sun are also pretty good.

I'm also a big fan of the Advanced Wars, but a turn based strategy game might not be his thing.

Xellos

Wario Land 4, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Astro Boy, and River City Ransom EX are all solid choices.

Soul4ger

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire, Fire Red & Leaf Green, and Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire.

And I would presume Pokemon Emerald, too.

Mike

DJ Brannon said:
Yoshi's Island; Mario Advance 3.

Amazing how well it holds up.

Totally agree. You're safe getting any of the Mario games though. But since he already has those, I'd recommend the original Advance Wars and Wario Land 4.

belgurdo

Banned
Any Castlevania (even HoD; STFU haterz)
Any RPG except Breath of Fire I or II, LOTR, Lufia, or either Golden Sun
CT Special Forces and its sequels (hard though)
Shining Soul II

Tsubaki

Of all the games I've played, Advance Wars, Megaman Zero and Sonic Advance were my favorite (have not really played their respective sequels).

Fire Emblem is my personal favorite, but amongst platformers I recommend:

Mega Man Zero 1-3 (begin challenging, but get very easy if you use elves)
Wario Land 4
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (very easy, but fun)
Astroboy (like a cross between Megaman and Viewtiful Joe)
All Metroid and Castlevania games

He may also enjoy the Pac-Man collection if he likes the simplicity of Wario Ware

lachesis

advance wars. If you like somewhat light-hearted strategy game, this is a must. Not too shallow, not too deep - just enough for portable sim. :)

lachesis

Top Bottom