• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

République |OT| Episode 2 Now Available

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a newer thread? Is no one playing this? I played part of episode one back when it was released on iOS and wasn't sold on the controls (it felt super clunky) or the story, but I recently bought the 'remastered' version on PC and played through everything through episode four. It really, really picks up after episode one. It has some (obvious) problems from a storytelling perspective, but despite it all, on the PC it actually plays well, has an awesome PS1 prerendered background vibe to it and the story is kind of charming (it's very heavy-handed and obvious, and some of the turns don't withstand any scrutiny *coughendofepisodethree*).

I was expecting there to be a conversation about it here, but I can't find anything more recent?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I enjoy this one quite a bit, I started playing the iOS version on a trip months ago (edit: February 2014 apparently, seeing my posts on the previous page of this thread). I eventually even did the collectathon in each episode and got all achievements in episode 1 ~ 3.

I had no idea episode 4 was released, I might download the game again to continue but I think at this point it's better if I just wait until it's all released one day. The time between releases of Republique (and Kentucky Route Zero) is actually one of the reasons that made me start disliking episodic gaming, so now I just wait until they're complete before I buy/play.

Top Bottom