• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R. Senator Bob Corker: "White House has become an adult day care center."

gutshot

First Trump tweeted this, attacking outgoing Republican Senator Bob Corker:

screenshot2017-10-08anksq4.png

And the Senator responded:

screenshot2017-10-08a93s3r.png

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...bar&tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.f4b616b9e046

Deku Tree

Not a day goes by that I don’t become even more disappointed in my fellow citizens for their vote for Trump in the last presidential election.

Corker is right. Republicans could vote to impeach.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol wow. Yeah fuck Corker for his politics, but God damn that's a great comeback to the Tangerine Man Baby.

Any GOP standing against Trump is cool with me.

Enemy of my enemy, etc etc

He's fine with repealing the ACA without replacing it (aka, fine with killing people), banning abortion except in cases of rape, incest or the life of the mother, among many other deplorable things.

Cool with that? OK.

You know, my son's daycare has a rule where, if they have diarrhea, they can't go in the next day.

So how come Trump can work the next day after every time he talks?

That statement is sadder and scarier than people realize. We're only being protected from the true chaos of Trump because of a couple people standing in the way.

All of you posting your popcorn and fire emojis don't seem to realize the gravity of Corker's original statement and now tweet.

iammeiam

Why did Trumo lash at Corker? What gives?

Corker has been in "giving no fucks" mode, making his opinion of Trump pretty obvious.

Tennessee Republican Sen. Bob Corker suggested Wednesday that Gens. John Kelly and James Mattis, as well as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson are the "people that help separate our country from chaos," a stinging criticism of President Donald Trump from a man once considered an ally in Washington.

Asked directly by a reporter whether he was referring to Trump in using the word "chaos," Corker, who announced last month he would retire in 2018, responded: "(Mattis, Kelly and Tillerson) work very well together to make sure the policies we put forth around the world are sound and coherent. There are other people within the administration that don't. I hope they stay because they're valuable to the national security of our nation."

Fox coverage of that or somebody finally letting Trump know it happened would, of course, incite a twitter tantrum.

Exhausted John Kelly Parks President In Front Of Episode Of ‘Tucker Carlson’ To Get Quick Hour To Himself

WASHINGTON—Saying he needed a break from constantly watching over the commander-in-chief to make sure he didn’t get into any trouble, visibly exhausted Chief of Staff John Kelly reportedly sat President Trump down in front of a White House television Friday and put on a Tucker Carlson episode in order to get a quick hour to himself. “I can’t take my eye off him for one second without him getting into some policy issue he’s not supposed to be touching, so sometimes I just have to throw on a show he likes to get him to sit and behave for a little while,” said Kelly, rubbing his temples and explaining how he was “completely wiped out” from dealing with temper tantrums and cleaning up a variety of messes the president had made throughout day, and how he was desperate for a brief moment of peace and quiet to recuperate.

Obviously not fan of Corker, but that is a great tweet. Isn't he still voting for all of Trump's polices?
He said he would not vote for their current tax plan. He's got nothing to lose really.

Corker is my senator and he's a gigantic piece of shit, but I'll take opposition where I can find it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
He just attacks everybody. He "begged" is such a common usage. So tired of the nonsense now, please impeach.

RPGCrazied

Corker destroyed him with the response. Since he isn't seeking relection he can go all out. I wish they would impeach this fucker.

legacyzero

Banned
He's fine with repealing the ACA without replacing it (aka, fine with killing people), banning abortion except in cases of rape, incest or the life of the mother, among many other deplorable things.

Cool with that? OK.
Long game, bruh. Of course I’m not for that shit. But the more people hate him, the more he’ll fail

Exile20

Not a day goes by that I don’t become even more disappointed in my fellow citizens for their vote for Trump in the last presidential election.

Corker is right. Republicans could vote to impeach.
The is so low at this point that what can they impeach him on?

We need the rate of house and senate Republicans announcing their retirements to accelerate dramatically.
It sounds good until maniacs like Roy Moore that are too hardcore for the tea party start winning house and senate seats. What we need is the breaking up of highly gerrymandered districts.

Zophar

Corker sucks but I'm glad Repubs are publicly laying into this shit show administration. Now let's here it from a rep still seeking re-election.

Ah, that's why Trump was laying into him. Thanks.

Also criticized his response to Charlottesville, saying, “The president has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful.”

I think last week Corker said Mattis/Tillerson/Kelly are the people keeping our country from chaos.

Top Bottom