• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Audiophile

Gave some random woman a tenner out of the cash point at the corner shop who was almost certainly about to go round the corner and smoke crack.

Practically always say no or make an excuse as you can be totally sure most of the time that they just wanna get high or drunk but here I was only 99.9% (though sometimes I say I'll be happy to get a sandwich and warm drink myself if they look homeless), best case scenario there's a 1/1000 chance I just helped someone who needed it. But if not (almost certainly the case) the performance was insane, I felt like I short changed her, an Oscar would've been fitting. The details were on point, the story was tight. I'm still in awe, if I was a movie producer I would've hired her on the spot.

Folks outside the shop looked at me and said "you're a mug", to which I said "I know. Not gonna miss the tenner, there's a miniscule chance I just gave the benefit of the doubt to someone who needed it, but if not she deserves it for the performance". Still feel a little torn on almost certainly reinforcing habits but then I threw twenty in the hospice collection box so hopefully that balances out the karma. :messenger_poop:

Last edited:

sudolicious

"Fire" is kind of an amazing thing. You can basically start it from literally scratch and it only needs air (like we anyways) and something to burn. Then it basically could go on for an eternity, relentlessly scorching anything in its way. It only stops if it either runs out of air/something to burn, or if you kill it. It's magnificently destructive, even more so than we are.

Krathoon

I was at PAX South and I was enjoying an ice cream cone at the mall and a homeless person with nasty teeth started asking for money from me.

Ruined the whole experience. I wanted to put the ice cream cone on his head.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Playoff baseball is simultaneously the best and worst thing in professional sports. You cannot beat it for stress and tension when your team is in it. Nothing comes close.
Yeah, my Texas Rangers won it all last year and I agree. It's such a rollercoaster ride.

They missed the playoffs this year which sucks, but at least I can watch the rest of the season in peace, lol.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Gave some random woman a tenner out of the cash point at the corner shop who was almost certainly about to go round the corner and smoke crack.

Practically always say no or make an excuse as you can be totally sure most of the time that they just wanna get high or drunk but here I was only 99.9% (though sometimes I say I'll be happy to get a sandwich and warm drink myself if they look homeless), best case scenario there's a 1/1000 chance I just helped someone who needed it. But if not (almost certainly the case) the performance was insane, I felt like I short changed her, an Oscar would've been fitting. The details were on point, the story was tight. I'm still in awe, if I was a movie producer I would've hired her on the spot.

Folks outside the shop looked at me and said "you're a mug", to which I said "I know. Not gonna miss the tenner, there's a miniscule chance I just gave the benefit of the doubt to someone who needed it, but if not she deserves it for the performance". Still feel a little torn on almost certainly reinforcing habits but then I threw twenty in the hospice collection box so hopefully that balances out the karma. :messenger_poop:

My thoughts when I do something like this regardless of if it is an individual or charity, once the money leaves my hand, it is no longer mine. I made the right decision out of kindness and if the benefactor of that money makes the wrong one that is on them.

Mistake

I'm thinking about buying some kind of beard cream or oil to soften the hair after trimming, but I don't know what works. I tried a few coconut creams before, but didn't seem to do much

Last edited:

Embearded

Nah, you did the right thing and it doesn't really matter what she did with the money.

If you think about it, Sony took our money and put it on Concord, that's way worse than crack.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
For my peanut gun. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Mr Peanut GIF by Party Legends

Top Bottom