• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

badblue

I am the cause and I am the cure.
Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

GeekyDad

You know, when you consider the state of Robin Williams' condition, The Fisher King may have been a quiet, shy way of him portraying himself. And it's sad he didn't find the same comfort in the end. What a beautiful soul.

Jsisto

Yo. What if you could create a drill, that uses the material it is drilling into, to add to its own mass, creating an exponentially larger drill. How long would it take for this drill to consume everything? Any thoughts on this. I’m incredibly high.

Crayon

Ugh so I can fix cars and I used to like doing it. Now it's a chore. So I was thinking of getting a newer car so I don't have to do it. But it feels really fucking lazy and even financially irresponsible to spend that kind of money just to avoid a chore. A chore that I'm lucky to be able to do, and ultimately saves a fuckton of money.

And protip the trick to keeping an old car running is to keep two old cars running. Or at least a spare car per household. My wife's car is out of warranty soon so that will be getting into mid-life and so that makes 3 to care for. But you know how much two cars would cost to be taking to a mechanic? 2-3 times as much as maintaining 3 cars doing it yourself. 4 times if you take into account bigger jobs that I can't (shouldn't) do in a carport but could with a garage.

We are apartment dwellers and I don't have a garage so that makes it less comfortable and precludes big jobs. The critical point here is that I'm starting to suffer mental blocks. I had a 2 hour job to do and I put it off for way too long. Both the cars should be running 95% of the time. I'm not trying to have a gimped car around so that's kind of a failure and I led to me thinking of getting a newer car. But that just seems like shrinking away from something I decided is responsible to do.

Ah!!! I should go drive my fixed car right now. Get a wash.

Maybe I should look for a sidegrade to replace it with something just a bit newer. Mine's had a hard life and it runs great now, but everything on it is probly set to wear out around the same time. Maybe a different car would rejuvenate my interest in working on at least that one? More indecisive dawdling!

Anyone else having a car-decision crisis? I would meet a client once a week who would talk to me about deciding on a new family car. For like a year. It got stuck in the back of his head.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Ya know if you think making your kids cry is funny you don’t have to wait until Halloween every year and lie to them that you ate their candy. You can just throw a haymaker at any time
if i were to make my kids cry i'd probably do it in a way that doesn't involve a potential risk of brain damage

Do it the old fashioned way and smash their electronics instead

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

if i were to make my kids cry i'd probably do it in a way that doesn't involve a potential risk of brain damage

Do it the old fashioned way and smash their electronics instead
Offer to buy them the thing theyve been asking for forever then show up with shitty knock off or a totally unrelated gift like socks or underwear, watch the light snuff out from their eyes.

Yo. What if you could create a drill, that uses the material it is drilling into, to add to its own mass, creating an exponentially larger drill. How long would it take for this drill to consume everything? Any thoughts on this. I’m incredibly high.
Have you read about gray goo? Self-replicating nanobots that devour the universe. Sounds like a similar concept that's fun/scary to think about while high.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Stuff the underwear/sox in inside the box of the item they wanted for +6 Emotional Damage.
oh my fucking god 😭 that's not making them cry that's killing em, their heart will stop

I'm so glad i never got presents like this as a kid

Last edited:

Jsisto

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that more and more peoples breath has been absolutely STINKIN these days and they don’t even seem to realize or care. There’s numerous people at work that I can barely stand having conversations with.

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I definitely got the dick, but a Mgtow lifestyle seems more appealing right now .

I don't know, maybe I'm at a crossroads. 🤔 💬

badblue

A buddy of mine had some pretty serious surgery the other night to hopefully prevent paralysis.
He's currently in Germany for his surgery because the doctors couldn't/won't do anything more for him here.

It's hitting me close to home because as far as I know, we have the same condition and had similar surgeries within a year of each other.

Every time I've complained about something to my doctor since then he's either pushed physiotherapy and/or highly addictive drugs. So I'm worried that something's wrong and it's only a matter of time before I do something (like potentially slip and fall during the winter) and end up in a wheelchair at best.

Not much to do except try not to worry too much while I wait wait for the terrible state of the Canadian health care system to do something useful.

101 Dalmatians Reaction GIF

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
A buddy of mine had some pretty serious surgery the other night to hopefully prevent paralysis.
He's currently in Germany for his surgery because the doctors couldn't/won't do anything more for him here.

It's hitting me close to home because as far as I know, we have the same condition and had similar surgeries within a year of each other.

Every time I've complained about something to my doctor since then he's either pushed physiotherapy and/or highly addictive drugs. So I'm worried that something's wrong and it's only a matter of time before I do something (like potentially slip and fall during the winter) and end up in a wheelchair at best.

Not much to do except try not to worry too much while I wait wait for the terrible state of the Canadian health care system to do something useful.

101 Dalmatians Reaction GIF

My sincerely sympathies friend. Even though my up coming surgery isn't that extreme objectively, subjectively it's a decade worth of trauma that could be changed. My thoughts are with you and your friend. ♡♡♡

Lunarorbit

I have been seeing articles about theatres having intermissions all of a sudden. Then I read killers of the flower moon is 3.5 hours long!

I've seen 2 movies since covid in the theater. I used to love going. Now I don't care and there's no way I could sit in a movie that long now in public

LostDonkey

Waiting on my wife to get ready in the mornings is like the longest drawn out proceedure known to man.

Then she complains that we're late to places and expects me to drive faster.

No. I take my time.

Top Bottom