• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raspberry Pi Pico announced!

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
The Raspberry Pi folks have announced a new model, the Pico:

This isn't a new RPi board, per se, but is rather a microcontroller (along the lines of the Arduino, ESP32, Teensy, etc.) that can be programmed in C and MicroPython. It's meant for students and electronics hobbyists -- think weather sensors, robots, flashing lights, mailbox monitors, etc. The feature set looks very interesting (fast processor, lots of memory and I/O pins) and the price is right.

It will likely be supported by the Arduino ecosystem very soon, and with MicroPython support built in as well, will likely become a popular option for schools (especially with the RPi documentation behind it).

Anyone have one on order yet?

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Notto yetto, but saw Ben Heck's review, he kept complaining about the programming environment which I (as a professional programmer) found funny.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Nah this is the king, it's cheaper, more powerful, has wifi and miriad of other stuff:

m432.jpg

(Designed in Czech republic also)

Don't get into the brand hype.

DESTROYA

Nah this is the king, it's cheaper, more powerful, has wifi and miriad of other stuff:

m432.jpg

(Designed in Czech republic also)

Don't get into the brand hype.
WTF is it? If your going to say it’s better at least let us know what it is.
Words mean nothing without context

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
WTF is it? If your going to say it’s better at least let us know what it is.
Words mean nothing without context
ESP32, it's written on that ship, here is link:

And sorry, I thought that would be enough.

And here is for ~10USD

Top Bottom