• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus |OT| Wanna know why they call it RYNOplasty?

thenexus6

I know I keep taking this off topic, but as there is no upto date R&C thread.. so yeah got Tools of Destruction never played before - boy it takes me back. Great fun, no pop ups or trophies or achievements just old school platforming. Diving right into CiT after then will eventually pickup Nexus!

How much do the visuals improve in Crack and Nexus?

Linkinito

I know I keep taking this off topic, but as there is no upto date R&C thread.. so yeah got Tools of Destruction never played before - boy it takes me back. Great fun, no pop ups or trophies or achievements just old school platforming. Diving right into CiT after then will eventually pickup Nexus!

How much do the visuals improve in Crack and Nexus?
Nexus have more details and much better lighting, but the huge difference is solid 60 FPS in ACIT (if there's drops, they are not really noticeable) vs not-so-solid 30 FPS in Nexus. Where there's tons of action, the game has a choppy framerate.

Toppot

Where does it fit in?

Obviously All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force and Nexus all occur after A Crack in Time, but in what order?
As far as I know the canon is, in order:

Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet and Clank Going Mobile
Ratchet Deadlocked
Ratchet and Clank Size Matters
Secret Agent Clank
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Quest For Booty
Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time
Ratchet and Clank (6 Part Comic Book)
Ratchet and Clank All4One
Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault
Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus

Basically the order of release, there is japanese manga to but I'm fairly sure thats not considered canon, and if it was I'd have no idea where it fits xD Also the upcoming movie is probably separate canon unless they link it in with the next R&C game on PS4.

I finally played this (a steal at $15 for a R&C fan).

It was good. There were a few genuinely challenging moments, like the racing out of the flooding sewer area and some of the areas on the last planet. Still, the current R&C formula can definitely be expanded upon for the next game, if there is a next game.

Also, I send out a genuine, heartfelt "thank you" to Insomniac for the humor they add to this series. I can't help be laugh whenever I think of their audacity to name their games Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal and Size Matters, then go on to try to name other games Clock Blockers, Bros B4 Foes/Four Play, and so forth. That will never not be funny (and it was great seeing some of those titles make it into the games in some way).

Jaroof

This game is awesome.
Also, I love the humor in this series.
Just got a trophy called "Into the Nether Region" and smirked heartily.

I really, really hope Insomniac continues this series on PS4.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
6EGevqc.png

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/413661231916937216

daycru

Game was worth the $15, but not much more. Cant believe how poorly it runs in comparison to the old games. Reminds me of those b-tier farmed out PSP franchise installments of Sony properties. Hope they get to make another real game for PS4.

Game was worth the $15, but not much more. Cant believe how poorly it runs in comparison to the old games. Reminds me of those b-tier farmed out PSP franchise installments of Sony properties. Hope they get to make another real game for PS4.

Hmm, I didnt really notice anything, few hiccups here and there but nothing major, Im enjoying the game but I probably shouldve played it on hard like previous games. Im ready for next gen ratchet, that should look great.

I really thought there'd be another world after
the fight with the giant Nether monster
and was really sad when it ended. Aside from the pretty abrupt ending I absolutely loved the game. Pretty decent closing for the Future series of games and I'm really thankful Insomniac put the effort in for the fans.

It's gonna be a long wait for the next game, hopefully we hear more as the movie draws closer. Until then, I've got the HD Collection to dig in to.

Yeah this game has quite a few weird bugs here and there, but no game stoppers yet.

Working on my challenge mode playthrough for the next few days. Just need to upgrade my weapons and finish the game for my platinum!

Tuck

Just beat it.

Loved it, wish it was longer. The world with the big jet pack section was awesome. One of my favourite Ratchet & Clank levels ever I think. Battledome was fun but I prefered the one in ACiT.

Hope we see Ratchet and Clank again. One of my favourite franchises, up there with Mario and Zelda.

I gotta pick this up sometime on the cheap. I've always been consistently impressed by the reliable quality of this franchise, but I thought they really outdid themselves with A Crack in Time. Big ups for that one.

NBtoaster

This game was pretty good. I initially thought the game had some cramped environments but the later levels really opened up. The swamp level has some really nice design with the 3 planes of exploration (foot, boot, jetpack). Lots of fanservice, and it appeals to my TOD preferring sensibilities. One more game for the GOTY list.

Weapons played too safe though. Almost all rehashes.

I am loving the return to the Ratchet and Clank universe. I hope this is a precursor to a jump to next gen systems. Earlier this year I finally finished up a Crack in Time when I needed a palate cleanser after The Last of us, and have found a great deal of enjoyment out of this title.

Hopefully Insomniac continues to create Ratchet and Clank games into the future. Well worth the rather meager investment it requires.

Grisby

Playing this now. Game is a delight and that open space stuff was pretty cool. The first planet is very colorful as well.

I'm glad because I actually played through QFB today in one go and was disappointed. Just a short and rather uninteresting ride.

Nexus seems like it's gonna be a blast though. Whoever gave the grav-tethers that music harp is an awesome dude. Magical. Real decent music so far.

Does any have Before the Nexus on ios/android? I have no idea how to sync up the raritarium with Into the Nexus. Is it supposed to be automatic?

I just gained the rift power for Clank in the ps3 game and I have over 200 raritarium in the ios game.

KalBalboa

Banned
I finally started my copy up this week. What a great game so far- the visuals are really something and the puzzle/platforming is great fun.

I hope more people play this at some point. It really delivered for me.

Top Bottom