• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Razzie nominations are out! Shyamalan and Twilight dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/ann...s-eclipse-sex-and-the-city-2-worst-offenders/

WORST PICTURE
THE BOUNTY HUNTER (Columbia Pictures/Relativity Media)
THE LAST AIRBENDER (Paramount/Nickelodeon Movies)
SEX & THE CITY #2 (Warner Bros/New Line/HBO Pictures)
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE (Summit Entertainment)
VAMPIRES SUCK (20th Century-Fox/Regency Enterprises)

WORST ACTOR
Jack Black / GULLIVER’S TRAVELS
Gerard Butler / THE BOUNTY HUNTER
Ashton Kutcher / KILLERS and VALENTINE’S DAY
Taylor Lautner / TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE and VALENTINE’S DAY
Robert Pattinson / REMEMBER ME and TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE

WORST ACTRESS
Jennifer Aniston / THE BOUNTY HUNTER and THE SWITCH
Mylie Cyrus / THE LAST SONG
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon / SEX & THE CITY 2
Megan Fox / JONAH HEX
Kristen Stewart / TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jessica Alba / THE KILLER INSIDE ME, LITTLE FOCKERS, MACHETE and VALENTINE’S DAY
Cher / BURLESQUE
Liza Minnelli / SEX & THE CITY 2
Nicola Peltz / THE LAST AIRBENDER
Barbra Streisand / LITTLE FOCKERS

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Billy Ray Cyrus / THE SPY NEXT DOOR
George Lopez / MARMADUKE, THE SPY NEXT DOOR and VALENTINE’S DAY
Dev Patel / THE LAST AIRBENDER
Jackson Rathbone / THE LAST AIRBENDER and TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
Rob Schneider / GROWN UPS

WORST EYE-GOUGING MIS-USE Of 3-D (Special Category for 2010!)
CATS & DOGS #2: REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE
CLASH OF THE TITANS
THE LAST AIRBENDER
NUTCRACKER 3-D
SAW 3-D (aka SAW VII)

WORST SCREEN COUPLE / WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler / THE BOUNTY HUNTER
Josh Brolin’s Face & Megan Fox’s Accent / JONAH HEX
The Entire Cast of THE LAST AIRBENDER
The Entire Cast of SEX & THE CITY #2
The Entire Cast of TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE

WORST DIRECTOR
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer / VAMPIRES SUCK
Michael Patrick King / SEX & THE CITY #2
M. Night Shyamalan / THE LAST AIRBENDER
David Slade / TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
Sylvester Stallone / THE EXPENDABLES

WORST SCREENPLAY
LAST AIRBENDER Written by M. Night Shyamalan, based on the TV series created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Brian Konietzko
LITTLE FOCKERS, Written by John Hamburg and Larry Stuckey, based on Characters Created by Greg Glenna & Mary Roth Clarke
SEX & THE CITY #2, Written by Michael Patrick King, Based on the TV Series Created by Darren Star
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, Screenplay by Melissa Rosenberg, Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
VAMPIRES SUCK, Written by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL (Combined Category for 2010)
CLASH OF THE TITANS
THE LAST AIRBENDER
SEX & THE CITY #2
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
VAMPIRES SUCK!

samus i am said:
The Last Airbender wins everything. I hope Shyamalan will be there to accept the awards.

No. No it wasn't.

Everybody has their own opinion. The Last Airbender was boring and all over the place.

I could see Jessica Alba, Jack Black, or maybe Ashton Kutcher accepting in person like Sandra Bullock did... they seem liked they'd be happy to make fun of themselves a bit (or maybe I am giving them too much credit)

Xater

ohhthegore said:
Sylvester Stallone / THE EXPENDABLES

bullshit

Agreed. I can could come up with some way worse direction. I am actually surprised the latest REsident Evil flick is not nominated for anything.

explodet

I hated Airbender as much as the next guy, but cut Dev Patel some slack, look what he had to work with. He doesn't deserve to be singled out in the Supporting Actor category.
Every other category though, game on!
Keyser Soze said:
I could see Jessica Alba, Jack Black, or maybe Ashton Kutcher accepting in person like Sandra Bullock did... they seem liked they'd be happy to make fun of themselves a bit (or maybe I am giving them too much credit)
Jack Black for sure. I'd put Kutcher ahead of Alba, but still could see either showing up to accept their Razzie.

Guzim

Keyser Soze said:
Halle Berry also accepted the worst actress award for Catwoman.

WORST PICTURE
THE BOUNTY HUNTER (Columbia Pictures/Relativity Media)
THE LAST AIRBENDER (Paramount/Nickelodeon Movies)
SEX & THE CITY #2 (Warner Bros/New Line/HBO Pictures)
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE (Summit Entertainment)
VAMPIRES SUCK (20th Century-Fox/Regency Enterprises)

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL (Combined Category for 2010)
CLASH OF THE TITANS
THE LAST AIRBENDER
SEX & THE CITY #2
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE
VAMPIRES SUCK!

whats the point? Feels like almost every movie nowadays fills the second category, especially the bad movies.

ZoddGutts

Rahxephon91 said:
You know there are way worst things then Twilight.

Your right:

2dadhn6.jpg

i4qwps.png

Combichristoffersen said:
Jack Black should win every category. What a terrible human being.
I can't stand his acting but I've laughed at some of his songs to be honest. I know you're being hyperbolic, but still.

_dementia said:
in film though?
Well not the Expendable's that's far sure.

What movies did I see in 2010 that were far worse?

Skyline-The Biggest piece of crap ever. Like truly awful shit.
The Last Airbender-lol
Clash of the Titans
Daybreakers
The Book of Eli
Cop Out
Repo Men
Letters to Juliet
Sex and the City 2
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Killers
The A-Team
Jonah Hex
Grown Ups
Salt
Step Up 3D-Though it is amazing.
Vampires Suck

Takers-This should be nominated so much.
Resident Evil: Afterlife-I still enjoyed it
My Soul to Take-Now this is truly the worst movie of the year. Like no competion.
The Warrior's Way

I saw a lot of movies(most mainstream releases and others) in 2010 and all these made me want to leave the theater. Twilight did not. It's not good, but it's the less of two evils. Also Stewart isn't that bad and the dude who plays Edward only has so much to work with.

And I'm not sure why FFXIII is in a movie thread, but whatever. Your also wrong.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
FunkyPajamas said:
I can't stand his acting but I've laughed at some of his songs to be honest. I know you're being hyperbolic, but still.

I listened to Tenacious D. Unfunny shite. He's just rubbed me entirely the wrong way since I first watched School of Rock (which, BTW, is probably one of the worst movies I've seen the last 10 years). Can't stand his acting, can't stand his music, can't stand his attempts at humour.

Kung Fu Panda was good though, but that was more despite of, than due to, Jack Black.

Kusagari

How is Clash of the Titans not up for worst movie of the year? I've seen 3 of the 5 listed and it's worse than all of them.

Edit: Also the ridiculously half-assed romance between Gemma Arterton and Worthington should be nominated.

ZoddGutts

Rahxephon91 said:
And I'm not sure why FFXIII is in a movie thread, but whatever. Your also wrong.

Look we get it, no need for you to keep on constantly saying things to live up to your tag. :)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
We caught Twilight: New Moon when it was on TV last week, very funny stuff.

I hope Eclipse is as funny.

Jack Black is the only person in Hollywood that I hate in everything no matter what. His gimmick ran out quick. He's like an unironic Andrew WK without any charm or balance.

Hylian7

Didn't that Shamaylan movie called "Devil" (aka: TUUUUURRRRRRRRNNNNNN OOOOOONNNNNNNN THAAAAAAAAAA LIIIIIIIIIIGHTSSSSS) come out in 2010? I'm surprised to not see that on there.

Combichristoffersen said:
I listened to Tenacious D. Unfunny shite. He's just rubbed me entirely the wrong way since I first watched School of Rock (which, BTW, is probably one of the worst movies I've seen the last 10 years). Can't stand his acting, can't stand his music, can't stand his attempts at humour.

Kung Fu Panda was good though, but that was more despite of, than due to, Jack Black.
Oh, yeah, forgot about Kung Fu panda. I was going to skip it precisely because of him, but then I watched it and it was awesome, yes, despite of him.

I enjoyed the Tenacious D soundtrack though, a couple of funny songs there. "The Metal" and "Fuck Her Gently" always make me laugh.

But yeah, I see where you're coming from. The guys is annoying as an actor (even though I think he did a good job in the King Kong remake) and it's just too much of a clown as a musician.

ZoddGutts said:
Look we get it, no need for you to keep on constantly saying things to live up to your tag. :)
If your argument is lol tag then it's really no point in talking to you. But whatever, bring up things you don't like in threads where they have no business being. Whatever.

Veitsev

Holy shit Rahxephon91 you spend a lot of money on shit films. I hope you didn't pay full price for all those (dollar show).

As usual Razzies going for the famous bad flicks, Eclipse is really only there because of nerds hatred for Twilight; if they wanted to put a real stinker in there Cop Out should be nominated for pretty much everything.

Keyser Soze said:
The difference is that Sandra Bullock and Halle Berry were both Oscar winners (Bullock won her Razzie shortly before her Oscar, but everyone already knew she was going to get it).

Alba, Black and Kutcher aren't exactly in the same boat.

ZoddGutts

Rahxephon91 said:
If your argument is lol tag then it's really no point in talking to you. But whatever, bring up things you don't like in threads where they have no business being. Whatever.

Hey now you did say that there are worse things than Twilight. I mentioned FF13 because it happens to be one of them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Keyser Soze said:
You are correct.

There are terrible, awful, vile, disgusting things.... then Twilight

If there was an award for using grammar against a forum member, you sir, would win it.

Veitsev said:
Holy shit Rahxephon91 you spend a lot of money on shit films. I hope you didn't pay full price for all those (dollar show).
I just like going to the movies. Plus I get a lot of AMC gift cards thanks to Chase and my friend and I have a system where every other week one of us pays for the other.

I mean I do see some good films. Movies I liked in 2010:

Youth in Revolt
Legion-In a funny way.
Kick-Ass
Iron Man 2-It's ok.
A Nightmare on Elm Street-Not that terrible.
Get Him to the Greek
Splice-Not great, but it has it's moments.
The Karate Kid-Solid
Toy Story 3-Great
Cyrus
Knight and Day-Tom Cruise is enjoyable.
Inception-duh
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Step Up 3D
The Other Guys
The Expendables-dumb, but still the action was fun.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Piranha 3D-boobs!
Machete-eh it had it's moments
Let Me In-One of the best of the year.
Unstoppable
Tangled
The Fighter
True Grit
Tron: Legacy
Black Swan-MOTY?
127 Hours

Yeah, a lot of good movies. There's also the meh stuff like Faster and Little Fockers. I stil haven't seen The Town or Social Network. But yeah, I'm 20 and like movies. There's not a lot else to do so I try and see as much as I can.

JdFoX187

Banned
Suikoguy said:
If there was an award for using grammar against a forum member, you sir, would win it.
It's nowhere near as offensively bad as the misuse of your and you're. It's like nails against a chalkboard to me.

As much as I despise the Twilight movies, I think the Razzies are only picking on them simply because they're so popular with tween girls. I haven't actually read the books or seen any of the movies, but some adult friends of mine say they aren't bad for what they go after. There were some much worse movies that should have been listed, including Skyline. Good god what a fucking piece of shit that was.

Eclipse is probably the only one close to being any good in that series, but that's still not saying a whole lot.

I want to know how Sam Worthington isn't on for Worst Actor, but I guess he would have had to 'act' in Clash of the Titans for that to happen.

Kusagari

Gooster said:
Eclipse is probably the only one close to being any good in that series, but that's still not saying a whole lot.

I want to know how Sam Worthington isn't on for Worst Actor, but I guess he would have had to 'act' in Clash of the Titans for that to happen.

Hey he did act... LIKE A MAN!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Honestly, Eclipse was actually kind of almost good. My brother and I rent those movies when they come out on video to make fun of them, and it was harder to do with Eclipse.

venom2124

My Soul to Take is in my top worst 3 movies of all time. It's a crime against god and country it wasn't nominated. The fuck happened to Wes Craven?

Gooster said:
Everything about Sam Worthington is mediocre.

I can't say he's been bad in anything he's done. He's just completely average in everything.

Xater

BertramCooper said:
Everything about Sam Worthington is mediocre.

I can't say he's been bad in anything he's done. He's just completely average in everything.

Except Black Ops.

Nizz

DECK'ARD said:
We caught Twilight: New Moon when it was on TV last week, very funny stuff.

I hope Eclipse is as funny.
:D :D :D Damn, I miss the smileys for moments like this.

Dice said:
Honestly, Eclipse was actually kind of almost good. My brother and I rent those movies when they come out on video to make fun of them, and it was harder to do with Eclipse.
My niece is crazy about Twilight. Showtime had their free weekend a couple of weeks ago and they showed the first Twilight and New Moon. I figured let me see what all the fuss is about.

I could barely make it through the movies. I knew right there these movies just aren't for me. It's not like I don't like vampires. I watch True Blood and dig it. But Twilight...

I don't get their take on vampire mythology. I thought vampires couldn't walk around in sunlight? Yet that chick who's driving Bella in a yellow Porsche who's a vampire is just driving along like it's nothing.

I will say Bella (Kristen Stewart) is a pretty girl.

Cher was nominated? What? Her acting wasn't top-notch but it definitely wasn't Twilight and The Last Airbender level.

Edit: The Expendables too? I think some people just couldn't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom