• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Razzie nominations are out! Shyamalan and Twilight dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdjamm

WORST PICTURE
SEX & THE CITY #2 (Warner Bros/New Line/HBO Pictures)

WORST ACTOR
Jack Black / GULLIVER’S TRAVELS

WORST ACTRESS
Miley Cyrus / THE LAST SONG
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon / SEX & THE CITY 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Cher / BURLESQUE

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Billy Ray Cyrus / THE SPY NEXT DOOR

WORST EYE-GOUGING MIS-USE Of 3-D (Special Category for 2010!)
SAW 3-D (aka SAW VII)

WORST SCREEN COUPLE / WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
The Entire Cast of THE LAST AIRBENDER
The Entire Cast of SEX & THE CITY #2

WORST DIRECTOR
M. Night Shyamalan / THE LAST AIRBENDER

WORST SCREENPLAY
VAMPIRES SUCK, Written by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL (Combined Category for 2010)
THE LAST AIRBENDER
SEX & THE CITY #2

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rahxephon91 said:
You know there are way worst things then Twilight.

yeah, but you can't really nominate aids for worst picture.

Also, suck it sex and the city, I knew you were shit and not just cause I hate you unreasonably!

winjet81 said:
How did Grown Ups not get any nominations?

It was the most pathetically awful cash-grab comedy of the year.
Rob Schneider got nominated.

But yeah, it really should have gotten a Worst Picture nom. I was forced to watch it with my cousins over the holidays and it was painful. Not even the godawful commercials could have prepared me for how bad it was.

I mean I get that the Raz are supposed to be funny and going after the more popular stuff is a more comedic, but really Skyline and My Soul To Take are far worse then anything on here. I mean Skyline has become my groups measuring stick for badness. Every movie will now be compared to it. "Yeah it was bad, but it wasn't Skyline.".

As for My Soul to Take. It's bad, but if you ever see it on tv, watch the first 5 mins. It's the most wtf first 5mins of a movie I have ever seen.

Dragon

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Jack Black is the only person in Hollywood that I hate in everything no matter what. His gimmick ran out quick. He's like an unironic Andrew WK without any charm or balance.

I watched Crossworlds on Netflix the other night. Randomly he's in that movie along with Rutger Hauer and Josh Charles (who I only remember from that Threesome movie). That movie is pure utter tripe but he's especially a caricature of himself.

Loxley said:
Amazed that Megan Fox isn't up for Jonah Hex....Jesus that movie was a heaping turd.

Uh, she is unless I'm looking at another list in the OP?

Oh come on. I hate Twilight just as much as the next person, but nominating David Slade as worst director of the year is fucking stupid. The directing in Eclipse was fine. It's the story and the characters that's the problem, not Slade's directing.

Chuckie

BertramCooper said:
The difference is that Sandra Bullock and Halle Berry were both Oscar winners (Bullock won her Razzie shortly before her Oscar, but everyone already knew she was going to get it).

Alba, Black and Kutcher aren't exactly in the same boat.

Paul Verhoeven was the first one to pick it up at the ceremony.... and he wasn't an Oscar winner ;)

eosos

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
I just like going to the movies. Plus I get a lot of AMC gift cards thanks to Chase and my friend and I have a system where every other week one of us pays for the other.

I mean I do see some good films. Movies I liked in 2010:

Splice-Not great, but it has it's moments.

Yeah, a lot of good movies. There's also the meh stuff like Faster and Little Fockers. I stil haven't seen The Town or Social Network. But yeah, I'm 20 and like movies. There's not a lot else to do so I try and see as much as I can.

EXCUSE ME! That was the WORST movie I have ever seen... ever! The guy
fucks his DAUGHTER who is also another SPECIES
I mean what the fuck is this shit?! Then
the splice thing turns into a MAN and FUCKS his/her MOM
I MEAN WHAT?! Then the
mom decides to keep the like kinda human fucked up thing. THE THING INSIDE OF IT IS BOTH YOUR DAUGHTER AND YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER! DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING??? IT IS ALSO THE SPAWN OF YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER! WHAT THE FUCK MANG!? AND THE FATHER OR WHATEVER KILLED YOUR HUSBAND WHO FUCKED THE FATHER OF YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER / DAUGHTER!!!!!
Goddamn fuck that movie in all of it's weirdness.
So yeah, I disagree.

eosos said:
I MEAN WHAT?! Then the
mom decides to keep the like kinda human fucked up thing. THE THING INSIDE OF IT IS BOTH YOUR DAUGHTER AND YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER! DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING??? IT IS ALSO THE SPAWN OF YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER! WHAT THE FUCK MANG!? AND THE FATHER OR WHATEVER KILLED YOUR HUSBAND WHO FUCKED THE FATHER OF YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER / DAUGHTER!!!!!
So yeah, I disagree.
I don't know. The part where the two creatures kill each other was pretty funny and the scene where Adrian Brody decides to have sex with the thing because of her neck or something was pretty intense.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
explodet said:
I hated Airbender as much as the next guy, but cut Dev Patel some slack, look what he had to work with. He doesn't deserve to be singled out in the Supporting Actor category.
Every other category though, game on!
This I agree with. I fell asleep 4 times during that shit, and it felt like it took forever to end, but dev patel was easily the most tolerable actor in that pic. So much so, that it isn't funny

I didn't think Vampires Suck was that bad. The lead actress was hotter than the girl from Twilight, and the movie is able to mock Twilight pretty effectively.

It's a spoof, and as such, it's going to share a lot of the characteristics of the source material. But it shares the characteristics to make fun of them. Among spoofs, it was better than average.

You know, Robert Pattinson in Remember Me wasn't really all that bad in it, just a moment of "trying too hard/trying to get away from the role that made me famous" syndrome.

That ending though... WTF.

Parallax said:
This I agree with. I fell asleep 4 times during that shit, and it felt like it took forever to end, but dev patel was easily the most tolerable actor in that pic. So much so, that it isn't funny

Yeah, he just stands out cause he is the only one actually trying.

Rpgmonkey

Gooster said:
There was a movie behind that awful Photoshop?

The funny thing is, not really!

There was a main plot I think, but it felt like very few characters and scenes had any real reason to be there, lol. Doesn't help that even the action scenes sucked.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Deadly said:
Was Gulliver's Travels that bad? It looked kind of funny from the trailer...

"Brobdingnagian in wretchedness." --my local paper's review. Now that's comedy!

Raistlin

Rahxephon91 said:
You know there are way worst things then Twilight.
Yeah really. For the hell of it I decided to watch the movies. I'm not seeing how they are that much worse than most big-budget flix of the sort. Obviously yeah there may be more teen angst/melodrama, but given the demographics being targeted that should be expected.

satriales

I've not seen any of the films nominated, except for The Expendables which I started watching but fell asleep about 10 minutes in.

eosos said:
I MEAN WHAT?! Then the
So yeah, I disagree.
Haha your summary just made the movie retroactively better, somehow.

Also Paul Verhoeven is a pimp.

I'm glad Stallone is on that list. Might make him realize that he can't afford to think of himself as hot shit two movies into his comeback.

The Expendables was Stallone acting like Rocky at the beginning of Rocky III.

Balboa and Rambo IV were Rocky in I & II respectively - still hungry with something to prove.

Nert

Interesting to see that The Nutcracker in 3D didn't get any mentions. It has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and the provided summary was entertaining.

Rotten Tomatoes said:
Misguided, misconceived, and misbegotten on every level, The Nutcracker in 3D is a stunning exercise in astonishing cinematic wrong-headedness.

Nert said:
Interesting to see that The Nutcracker in 3D didn't get any mentions. It has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, and the provided summary was entertaining.
CATS & DOGS #2: REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE
CLASH OF THE TITANS
THE LAST AIRBENDER
NUTCRACKER 3-D
SAW 3-D (aka SAW VII)

Nert

BertramCooper said:
CLASH OF THE TITANS
THE LAST AIRBENDER
NUTCRACKER 3-D
SAW 3-D (aka SAW VII)

Ah, thanks for the correction. Still, it probably deserved more... recognition?

xbhaskarx

Rpgmonkey said:
Not nearly enough Takers nominations in there...

I haven't seen it but perhaps spawning internet memes can save a movie from being terrible?
If so I name this phenomenon the Snakes on a Plane Effect.

WORST PICTURE
SEX & THE CITY #2 (Warner Bros/New Line/HBO Pictures) - Thankfully the only one of these movies I saw this year. Still, getting dragged to this thing by my girlfriend to make up for making her see Hot Tub Time Machine was cruel and unusual punishment. Screw you, Michael Patrick King.

WORST ACTOR
Ashton Kutcher / KILLERS and VALENTINE’S DAY - I saw both of these movies, both times it was her choice. Why does Ashton Kutcher still have a career after That 70s Show?

WORST ACTRESS
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon / SEX & THE CITY 2 - Ugh. Just... ugh. Dammit, Michael Patrick King >:-(

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Liza Minnelli / SEX & THE CITY 2 - I hated every moment of this movie. Bloody Michael Patrick King. Not even her amazing performance in Arrested Development could make up for this.

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Rob Schneider / GROWN UPS - Remember those guys who used to be funny? This movie was like a boys' club for them and Rob Schneider was the worst of the bunch.

NUTCRACKER 3-D - Wait, wat? I've never seen this, but I haven't heard of a concept that misuses 3D this badly since Step Up To The Streets.

WORST SCREEN COUPLE / WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
The Entire Cast of SEX & THE CITY #2 - I hate this movie so much.

WORST DIRECTOR
Michael Patrick King / SEX & THE CITY #2 - F*ck you, Michael Patrick King.

WORST SCREENPLAY
SEX & THE CITY #2, Written by Michael Patrick King, Based on the TV Series Created by Darren Star - F*CK YOU, MICHAEL PATRICK KING >:-(

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL (Combined Category for 2010)
SEX & THE CITY #2 - F#CK YOU, MICHAEL PATRICK KING >:-( F*CK YOU, F%CK YOUR MOTHER, F&CK YOUR FATHER, F@CK YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO >:-(

Are the Razzies a serious award show? As in do they look at these things seriously? Or just do it for the lulz.

It's fine either way, though I'd prefer if it was serious, then people could actually use the razzies as an indication of truly awful films and actors.

Alucard

Banned
I'd much rather watch The Last Airbender than being forced to sit through the shallow bullshit of Sex and the City 2. I think there were far worse movies that came out this year than The Last Airbender. To me, it feels like the hate snowballed and people wrapped their rage towards Shyamalan and focused it on this movie. The "worst movie ever" claims scream of far too much hyperbole for this one, I think.

CLASH OF THE TITANS
THE LAST AIRBENDER
NUTCRACKER 3-D
SAW 3-D (aka SAW VII)

Did they not see My Soul to Take? Not only was there no reason for 3-d but it was done horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom