• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawPower

Banned
Yes, I obviously forgot that RealPic GAF Real-GAF never talks about gaming.

Edit: ;)

Well here it can be avoided, is my point.

In other news, someone in the other thread said I looked like this guy. I'd say he's right, but I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment.

ARG1.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
For the money, I quite enjoy my 360 wireless controller dongle that I use on my PC. No cables stretching all the way back to big comfy couch. Just sync and go.

Costs too much for me right now to go wireless. O: Have to buy the controller + Battery pack + dongle so too much for now!

Davedough

Well here it can be avoided, is my point.

In other news, someone in the other thread said I looked like this guy. I'd say he's right, but I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LU2Arie1Wb0/TRZPsAj8dgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/Dj24OTExf6A/s1600/ARG1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I would take that as a Highlander Challenge. There can be only one!

Well this is awkward. I made a Valentine to give to my best friend, and she's apparently in the process of breaking up with her boyfriend today. >.>

Isn't this an odd day for a breakup?

If you chance to chat with her, and she brings it up, just tell her outright that you got her a valentine for fun before you were aware of this, and that she can still have it if it'd make her feel better.

This will probably remove some awkwardness.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well this is awkward. I made a Valentine to give to my best friend, and she's apparently in the process of breaking up with her boyfriend today. >.>

Man, I never get people who break up with people around today. I mean, breaking up is one thing but you don't have to be a dick about it.

Now of course I'm not like most girls, but if someone gave me something like that when I was breaking up with someone it would probably make me feel better. I mean, you're best friends right? I don't think that sort of thing would be awkward between best friends. Just give it to her and tell her that you hope it will cheer her up a little (it's always nice to know that someone cares about you during a time like that.)

Isn't this an odd day for a breakup?

If you chance to chat with her, and she brings it up, just tell her outright that you got her a valentine for fun before you were aware of this, and that she can still have it if it'd make her feel better.

This will probably remove some awkwardness.

Way ahead of you, haha. I already told her that I made her one. She forgot today was Valentine's Day, then told me that she was starting the breakup process.

So yeah, it's not as awkward as it could be, but it still is a little bit. Also kinda funny.

Man, I never get people who break up with people around today. I mean, breaking up is one thing but you don't have to be a dick about it.

Now of course I'm not like most girls, but if someone gave me something like that when I was breaking up with someone it would probably make me feel better. I mean, you're best friends right? I don't think that sort of thing would be awkward between best friends. Just give it to her and tell her that you hope it will cheer her up a little (it's always nice to know that someone cares about you during a time like that.)
Well SHE is the one breaking up with HIM, but yeah I get your point entirely. I hope she likes it, it's hard trying to think of puns on the fly if you're not Dookakke.

Personally, I am not sure there's any real romance to Valentine's Day unless you're with someone.

That is to say, if you're just giving Valentines to a friend, obviously it's jokey and fun.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Personally, I am not sure there's any real romance to Valentine's Day unless you're with someone.

That is to say, if you're just giving Valentines to a friend, obviously it's jokey and fun.

I'm not sure there is any real romance to Valentine's Day at all (well, at least not for me!) To me it's jokey and fun regardless. While my boyfriend was at work today I sent him a picture of me holding two stones together in the shape of a heart. Just for fun.

Davedough

This behavior harkens back to Elementary school when kids would give the entire class a card with a piece of candy taped to it.

I'm not sure there is any real romance to Valentine's Day at all (well, at least not for me!) To me it's jokey and fun regardless. While my boyfriend was at work today I sent him a picture of me holding two stones together in the shape of a heart. Just for fun.

Different people have different expectations.

I'd probably treat it like any other day and maybe as an excuse to buy my hypothetical ladyfriend a gift, but some people are really in to it.

If my partner were expecting a big Valentine's Day thing full of chocolates and romance, I'd do my best to accomplish that because it's what they want. But ultimately, I'm fine with being chill about it.

SRG01

I'm pretty sure the girl who's talking to me right now had her relationship end over the weekend, hence the messages to me...

RawPower

Banned
I remember seeing Dr. Mario Valentine's cards when I was younger. Those were SICK. I really wanted them bad. That's my fondest memory of this holiday (well, until yesterday, haha) but it all seems like a money-making gimmick from my end.

Told you it'd work

"Oh noes, how will I use an analog stick for dat Superb Meat Buoy"

With all the back and forth switching it's probably more ergonomic than a d-pad

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in using the D-Pad when it's best, but Super Meat Boy works way better with the analog stick.

In some of the harder levels, you need that level of air control.

Davedough

Completely off topic, but...

I was playing Kingdoms of Amalur on my lunch break and got into a fight with a gnome sorcerer. He was a tough and cheating little bastard which made my character's finishing move all that much more entertaining.

During the finishing move segment, the gnome is yelling "No... you wouldnt!" and my character grabs him by the ankles, flips him upside down and flops him like he was shaking out a dirty towel so his face impacts with the ground, then grabs him by one arm and one leg and chucks him through the window I was standing near.

This game!

Completely off topic, but...

I was playing Kingdoms of Amalur on my lunch break and got into a fight with a gnome sorcerer. He was a tough and cheating little bastard which made my character's finishing move all that much more entertaining.

During the finishing move segment, the gnome is yelling "No... you wouldnt!" and my character grabs him by the ankles, flips him upside down and flops him like he was shaking out a dirty towel so his face impacts with the ground, then grabs him by one arm and one leg and chucks him through the window I was standing near.

This game!
I should be writing, but I guess I'll start this game now.

.la1n

FUCK, I still haven't played Xenogears.

Actually, there are a load of PS1 RPG's I haven't touched. I need recommendations.

Chrono Cross

edit: I have been invited to an underwear party for valentines day, not sure what that entails.

Hi5 SA, looks like ATL is going to be the spot for southern GAF. Looks like we have work to do.

RawPower

Banned
I have, or have played: Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9, Valkyrie Profile (good shit here), and the original Suikoden.

As for Chrono Cross, I haven't even played Trigger yet. So I'm not bothered by it being self-contained.

.la1n

I have, or have played: Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9, Valkyrie Profile (good shit here), and the original Suikoden.

As for Chrono Cross, I haven't even played Trigger yet. So I'm not bothered by it being self-contained.

You have not played Trigger, and here I was thinking you were awesome. FOR SHAME.

Clydefrog

You might be the only person on NeoGAF not to have played Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Davedough

All I know is... someone needs to pull up his pants a bit.

:D

There is an end to that monstrosity? I would have never guessed.

It was the first game I got for my PS1 since I received it for my birthday a month before FFVII came out. That was a mistake.

I bought it because it was the first RPG that looked like it was up my alley. At that time, there was a LONG time before FF7 hit the streets and it was the only thing I could play to scratch that JRPG itch. After that, I rolled straight into Wild Arms which is marginally better. When FF7 came out, my world officially rocked. I called in sick to work at my first ever professional job for 3 days straight to play it. Its no wonder I got fired from there... =\

.la1n

FF VII was an xmas present for one my friends, we took it out of the wrapping a week early and beat it before xmas even came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom