• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawPower

Banned
No matter how bad of a day you have or how much your significant other may have hurt your feelings on a day when that's not supposed to happen, it is all made better when your 4 year old runs up to you and says she has a Baleetimes message for me. I promptly pulled out my phone and caught this on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v794nv6JT4

Yeah, I feel ya. I get the same feeling when my puppy walks up and puts her paw on my leg. She has a face you just can't say no to.

AcridMeat

Banned
Aw :(

My valentines day has been shit as well. Girl I was telling you about can't even be bothered to respond :/
Damn, sorry to hear that. :(
No matter how bad of a day you have or how much your significant other may have hurt your feelings on a day when that's not supposed to happen, it is all made better when your 4 year old runs up to you and says she has a Baleetimes message for me. I promptly pulled out my phone and caught this on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v794nv6JT4

Oh Dave, that is adorable.

edit: Keep the good feelings alive. I hope this wasn't posted already
SqWvo.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
oh noes

sexy times are imminent

Aren't they always?

Seriously though, I feel a bit weird at 28 and not being ready for kids. It's not even the stable, full-time job thing. It's the fact that most days I still feel like I'm 18. When my mother was the age I am now I was already a year old. It's a very odd thought.

Aren't they always?

Seriously though, I feel a bit weird at 28 and not being ready for kids. It's not even the stable, full-time job thing. It's the fact that most days I still feel like I'm 18. When my mother was the age I am now I was already a year old. It's a very odd thought.

I always felt like I'll just know when I'm ready for kids and no amount of planning or worrying about when the right time is will change that.

On a total side note, Neil Gaiman's Valentine's Day poem is amazing

Roses are red,
Violets are purple,
Which is a very hard word to rhyme
And makes me happy that on February the 14th we don't traditionally have to give each other oranges.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I always felt like I'll just know when I'm ready for kids and no amount of planning or worrying about when the right time is will change that.

On a total side note, Neil Gaiman's Valentine's Day poem is amazing

Most parents tell me you're never ready for kids. That idea scares me a bit.

*claps for Gaiman*

Davedough

Aren't they always?

I'm 37 and I still don't feel any different than I did when I was 20. That feeling never goes away

jasonng

Honestly, I feel that's why you're probably an awesome father. Old enough to display authority but young enough to share youth with your girls.

Most parents tell me you're never ready for kids. That idea scares me a bit.

*claps for Gaiman*

I mean, it's always a leap. But I think at some point you reach a zenith of emotional preparedness and start trying.

I think I'd be a good dad but am not ready to be one at all right now.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm 37 and I still don't feel any different than I did when I was 20. That feeling never goes away

On the one hand that's kind of a good thing. On the other hand it makes you feel like you've been lied to D:

I mean, it's always a leap. But I think at some point you reach a zenith of emotional preparedness and start trying.

I think I'd be a good dad but am not ready to be one at all right now.

I have no idea about whether or not I'd be a good mother. I have a feeling I'd smother a child in my attempts to teach them everything about the world ._.

Lissar is 28? And Dave is 37?

I always pictured you guys as being younger, for some reason.

Everyone thinks I'm younger. Except for when they think I'm older. Seriously, people think I'm anywhere from 25 to 35. I'm not quite sure what it is.

Pollux

so...what's this thread for? just a continuation of real-pic...i'm mildly confused. sorry for the random post, ignore if you want.

Ashes

Banned
Are you telling me I'm maturing backwards? D: But... I don't want to go through that phase of my life again. 21 was a miserable year.

Yes. Yes, I am. I guess I am. Only one way to test it. On your next birthday, see if anyone guesses that you are younger looking then you really are.

Puberty in reverse would be awful.

That's sounds like a great idea for a film. Somebody call a producer.

.la1n

so...what's this thread for? just a continuation of real-pic...i'm mildly confused. sorry for the random post, ignore if you want.

Continuation of Real-Pic but has evolved into this.

I would actually prefer to look older sometimes, I always get pegged much younger than I am.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Well, I think a lot of us are going back to real pics eventually, but that's not really what the thread is about anymore. It's more that we've gotten to know each other and like talking to each other, so we post things about our lives and stuff here (LJ GAF?)

We are always accepting new members, however, real pic or no *turns on large blinking sign*

OG-O--join.jpg

Pollux

Well, I think a lot of us are going back to real pics eventually, but that's not really what the thread is about anymore. It's more that we've gotten to know each other and like talking to each other, so we post things about our lives and stuff here (LJ GAF?)

We are always accepting new members, however, real pic or no *turns on large blinking sign*

OG-O--join.jpg

So basically just hop in and join the discussion?

I don't live anywhere near where the meet ups are...that's cool though right? I've skimmed through a bit and it seems like everyone here has met at meet ups or something like that.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So basically just hop in and join the discussion?

I don't live anywhere near where the meet ups are...that's cool though right? I've skimmed through a bit and it seems like everyone here has met at meet ups or something like that.

It's fine, I live far from most of these guys (in Oregon.) We also have a few in the UK and Europe. This group really isn't about the meet-ups or anything like that (though it's cool to meet people too. I wish I could go!) So yeah, just start talking about whatever. It's always nice to have more people, means more going on in the thread :3

Pollux

Just the cool people.
Touche
It's fine, I live far from most of these guys (in Oregon.) We also have a few in the UK and Europe. This group really isn't about the meet-ups or anything like that (though it's cool to meet people too. I wish I could go!) So yeah, just start talking about whatever. It's always nice to have more people, means more going on in the thread :3
Well...subscribed and will jump in later.

RawPower

Banned
Meeting a lot of RP'ers yesterday added a whole new dimension to their posts. Talking to them through the internet is nothing like talking to them in the stinkin' flesh. It just doesn't compare. XD

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Put the individual GAF boards on Leechblock for most of the day so I'll stop wasting too much of my time. I can still visit individual threads as long as I have a link. Because I can't abandon you guys!

Davedough

Just got back from a nice romantic dinner at......

Fuddruckers.

Yep, my valentines dinner with my lovely wife was at a burger joint because my kids love it there. If they don't remember the sacrifices I make for them when they get older, I'm spending their college fund on a trip to Fiji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom