• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

Grrr.... first game bug. MAJOR KOA boss fight main quest event and right when I get the boss down to enough health to finish him off, all controls for both controller and KB/M stop functioning. Cant move the character at all or open up any menus. To make matters worse, I'm wearing too much health regen to allow the boss to kill me to reset to the last save. Force quit. =(

Now my lunchtime battle has run out of time. I dont have time to fight him again until tonight! Damn my bad luck!

For the most part, I keep GAF and Facebook separate

Not out of privacy concerns, but people would probably think less of me seeing all the drunken videos I've been tagged in

Sadetar

Welcome and hello.

Tell me you've played SMB3 through to completion already?
Hahah. I don't know how many times. I think we are near a hundred or so. ^__^ It might have been one of my favourite games when I was still small and innocent.

New people :O Welcome and please post more!
Unfortunately not even really that new. I am nactually quite old model from the 80's. :p

Thank you still.

Hey, it's you from the Dating Age thread! Welcome! :D
Yep, it is me. Good to be here!

Bunch of wolves in there.
But they are our wolves and thus absolutely adorable and cute.
I still don't admit that I would be into bestiality.

Welcome! You have come to a good place. ^_^ The avatars switch back and forth quite a bit depending on our moods (of which mine has swung back into missing my glasses days), so you'll see a few here and there with real pics and many with Tence's awesome MS paint avatars.
Hahaha. Thank you darling. And of course this place is good. I wouldn't go any other place. ;P

Lol. And you sweeties have turned this thread to basicly a chat window. I am quite impressed.

Grrr.... first game bug. MAJOR KOA boss fight main quest event and right when I get the boss down to enough health to finish him off, all controls for both controller and KB/M stop functioning. Cant move the character at all or open up any menus. To make matters worse, I'm wearing too much health regen to allow the boss to kill me to reset to the last save. Force quit. =(

Now my lunchtime battle has run out of time. I dont have time to fight him again until tonight! Damn my bad luck!

Yeah the game can be really glitchy

More than once, it hasn't given me the button prompt during reckoning mode, so it's just a total waste.

At the end of the House of Ballads quest, Wencen refused to follow me to give me the key to unlock the door. He just kept running around in circles.

Davedough

Yeah the game can be really glitchy

More than once, it hasn't given me the button prompt during reckoning mode, so it's just a total waste.

At the end of the House of Ballads quest, Wencen refused to follow me to give me the key to unlock the door. He just kept running around in circles.

What platform? I'm on Steam and I can honestly say that out of 31 hours now, this is the first glitch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To make matters worse, I'm wearing too much health regen to allow the boss to kill me to reset to the last save
Well that sounds challenging.
Hahah. I don't know how many times. I think we are near a hundred or so. ^__^ It might have been one of my favourite games when I was still small and innocent.
Excellent. I approve.

If you don't mind me asking- by any chance, are you bilingual?

jasonng

Pretty sure my entire facebook is dedicated to posting pictures of me in various drunken states, so there is always that.

See? la1n's whole life is a joke, he doesn't give a fuck and I don't think any less of him!

<3 you, brah

By the way, last monday I went ahead and texted you to "go fuck yourself." I was wondering why you never got me back, turns out I texted it to the wrong number.

.la1n

See? la1n's whole life is a joke, he doesn't give a fuck and I don't think any less of him!

<3 you, brah

By the way, last monday I went ahead and texted you to "go fuck yourself." I was wondering why you never got me back, turns out I texted it to the wrong number.

lmao, way to go dude.

.la1n

Is this a listing of platformers that are not as good as Mega Man X

Because if so it's not nearly as comprehensive as it could be.

Mega Man X

tumblr_lx5z3b7CmG1qdlh1io1_400.gif

I couldn't find your image! :(

You can be Head Ninja if you want.

Head Ninja aw yeeeeaaaaaaaah :D

And to elaborate on that platformer listing: I am not a big fan of the OG Mario games' physics.

Also I forgot to put Sonic 1 in there. It'd either be top or under Rayman. I think top.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm somehow still a massive Nintendo whore. Just never quite got 2D Mario.

Also I haven't Mega Man X that much.

Ok I'll leave :c

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mega Man X is hard to compare to Mario or Sonic (which line up much more directly with one another).

MMX has one of the greatest feelings of progression in gaming. By the end you have upgraded yourself so many times and have such an arsenal of badass attacks you feel truly powerful and basically matched only by an incredibly tough end-boss you wouldn't have stood a chance against at the outset of the game.

In Mario and Sonic you could defeat the final boss on the first level if it were presented to you. The abilities you have at the end of the game are identical to those you have at the beginning (excepting Super Sonic of course...). That the games stay interesting and fun to play throughout are testaments to great level design and physics, but it's a different monster altogether.

Davedough

Mega Man X is hard to compare to Mario or Sonic (which line up much more directly with one another).

MMX has one of the greatest feelings of progression in gaming. By the end you have upgraded yourself so many times and have such an arsenal of badass attacks you feel truly powerful and basically matched only by an incredibly tough end-boss you wouldn't have stood a chance against at the outset of the game.

In Mario and Sonic you could defeat the final boss on the first level if it were presented to you. The abilities you have at the end of the game are identical to those you have at the beginning (excepting Super Sonic of course...). That the games stay interesting and fun to play throughout are testaments to great level design and physics, but it's a different monster altogether.
There's a high degree of truthiness in this post right here

Which is one thing I love about Metroid

And I have tried to play MMX. Keyword tried. I suck. :C

Lissar

Reluctant Member
For the most part, I keep GAF and Facebook separate

Not out of privacy concerns, but people would probably think less of me seeing all the drunken videos I've been tagged in

My Facebook page is so innocuous (much like myself? ._.) You could probably learn more about me by talking to me for five minutes than you can from that thing.

Unfortunately not even really that new. I am nactually quite old model from the 80's. :p

But what is your manufacture year? Please note: if you say anything that comes after '83 then I get to laugh at you.

Also, '83 is the best year \o/

Davedough

My Facebook page is so innocuous (much like myself? ._.) You could probably learn more about me by talking to me for five minutes than you can from that thing.

But what is your manufacture year? Please note: if you say anything that comes after '83 then I get to laugh at you.

Also, '83 is the best year \o/
Oh 83. I remember it well. I was in the 4th grade.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
don't laugh at me just cause i'm a fire rabbit

It's okay. Anyone who has a year pre-'83 gets to laugh at me. It's all fair.

One of my cousins is a rabbit. It always makes me think of what Schemendrick says at the end of The Last Unicorn: "She will remember your heart when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits."

Oh 83. I remember it well. I was in the 4th grade.

See? Laughing.

Haha

I'm watching the documentary about Conan O'Brien's live tour on Netflix

And the first place he goes is Eugene, Oregon and I was all ":O Lissar lives there"

But he walks out on to the street in front of his hotel and there's nobody out walking around on the entire road and no cars to be seen except his. So he looks in to the camera and goes "It may have been a bad idea to start our tour in a place no one actually lives."

So my new theory is that either Lissar lives somewhere else or Eugenians are invisible.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Haha

I'm watching the documentary about Conan O'Brien's live tour on Netflix

And the first place he goes is Eugene, Oregon and I was all ":O Lissar lives there"

But he walks out on to the street in front of his hotel and there's nobody out walking around on the entire road and no cars to be seen except his. So he looks in to the camera and goes "It may have been a bad idea to start our tour in a place no one actually lives."

So my new theory is that either Lissar lives somewhere else or Eugenians are invisible.

What do you expect with a town population of around 150k?

I'm sure everyone was inside smoking pot ._.

Davedough

I didn't really appreciate platformers until Ratchet and Clank. While it can be argued that its not really a platformer, it does have a lot of platforming elements.

I did play the crap out of Super Mario Bros2 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom