• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man

Consumerist does not have a very interview-friendly pipeline

I wanted to call and ask a few questions but you have to e-mail first and explain your case for what you want to ask.

News does not work this way. D:

RawPower

Banned
It seems like you come here to complain every time someone disagrees with you elsewhere.

I mean, I saw your posts in that thread and I knew this post would be here. No offense, just an observation.

Yeah, I usually do that just to get a second opinion, especially considering that I sometimes lose control of my emotions. Maybe if I'm in the wrong, somebody here could help me see that before it's too late.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I usually do that just to get a second opinion, especially considering that I sometimes lose control of my emotions. Maybe if I'm in the wrong, somebody here could help me see that before it's too late.
I think that it's insensitive of that guy to level critcisms at Israel and he was rather tactless about doing so, too. Still, the people harping in that thread are right that it doesn't completely invalidate his opinions, and as to being personally offended by his words... I don't know, there's only so much I can get worked up over in a given day.
A work pinata day is a day where we announce a new release... for DD only. :)

And, I'm up for drinking games sometime soon. Maybe the weekend or something, but I'm up to my ears right now.
Way of the Samurai... 4, eh? Sounds definitive!

WotS3 genuinely freaked me out once

Keep in mind that everything WotS does is mostly random and procedurally created

I took a job as a body guard for the local Feudal Lord and was patrolling around the castle grounds at night when I saw a bunch guards suddenly go down. I rush over there and see a crazy dude laughing and screaming, holding two bloody swords. I start to fight him with my totally Toshiro Mifune-style traditional samurai stance and he starts streaming about how he's going to drink my blood once he kills me.

I wound him and he runs out to the forest and I chase him down. As I'm looking around, I hear a noise and investigate it and it turns out to be a dead animal just sort of laying there. As I approach it, the crazy guy comes out of nowhere, stabs a sword through me, and runs back toward the castle. The AI tricked me. D:

I did not play the game for another month after that happened.

RawPower

Banned
I think that it's insensitive of that guy to level critcisms at Israel and he was rather tactless about doing so, too. Still, the people harping in that thread are right that it doesn't completely invalidate his opinions, and as to being personally offended by his words... I don't know, there's only so much I can get worked up over in a given day.

At the risk of sounding like I have some sort of victim complex, it's pretty evident to me that the posters in that thread telling me I should get over myself have never been part of a historically oppressed minority group before. Even I didn't realize this until recently (foot, meet mouth), but it can and does leave scars. It wasn't even the fact that he was German that bothered me, because if it was an average German that made these arguments, I wouldn't have cared. It was the fact that he actually DID serve in the SS that hit a nerve. His arguments were valid, but it's best to leave them to those whose hands aren't covered in blood.

Ok, I'm done venting.

Way of the Samurai... 4, eh? Sounds definitive!

Haha. There have been many, and this one is even zanier apparently.

WotS3 genuinely freaked me out once

Keep in mind that everything WotS does is mostly random and procedurally created

I took a job as a body guard for the local Feudal Lord and was patrolling around the castle grounds at night when I saw a bunch guards suddenly go down. I rush over there and see a crazy dude laughing and screaming, holding two bloody swords. I start to fight him with my totally Toshiro Mifune-style traditional samurai stance and he starts streaming about how he's going to drink my blood once he kills me.

I wound him and he runs out to the forest and I chase him down. As I'm looking around, I hear a noise and investigate it and it turns out to be a dead animal just sort of laying there. As I approach it, the crazy guy comes out of nowhere, stabs a sword through me, and runs back toward the castle. The AI tricked me. D:

I did not play the game for another month after that happened.

Wait 'til you see the stuff in this game. I'm QA-ing it right now. Craaaaaaaazzzzzy shit.

The new Viper is sexy as hell
040412kesselmannyiassrthr0126-opt.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
time moves forward, and now 50 cent is old school. hip hop from the 80s and 90s is like dinosaur music to the youth of today.

lol

I'm sorry, but I am not having this. He is quite an old guy, and released some underground stuff before his commercial debut album, but that first album was released in 2003. His second album was released in 2005. 7 years ago.

Does that really make him old skool?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_school

leadbelly

Banned
50 cent and MC Lyte will never be in the same category even when forty generations have passed.

Not even going to debate that. I just can't see how you can describe him as 'old skool' when in reality he hasn't been around all that long really. His last album was in 2009. That was only his 4th album.

Yessssssssssssssss...

That response is scarier now that I know that my house used to be filled with snakes.

Also, woohoo, I've now dug the perimeter of a 5'x15' garden! I've also taken out the giant vine root and enough rocks to make the dirt seem vaguely healthy enough to grow corn, carrots and watermelons.

AcridMeat

Banned
F1-GAF was the first community I became a real part of on here. Tons of cool people like you said, but there are different traits to a spectator sport thread and a broad topic like cars.

Unrelated, holy hell is the dota 2 community some of the absolute worst I've ever come across. That's coming from someone who plays League of Legends too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom