• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Playing the first Portal for some reason. :D

I love the game but some of the later levels make me miserable since I'm no good at things with heavy action! *dies a million times*

Playing the first Portal for some reason. :D

I love the game but some of the later levels make me miserable since I'm no good at things with heavy action! *dies a million times*
I never finished the first one :/

Second one had me thinking I was an idiot towards the end, Bleh maybe I am haha

*dies two million times*

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I never finished the first one :/

Second one had me thinking I was an idiot towards the end, Bleh maybe I am haha

*dies two million times*

I didn't die much in the second one. Action-wise it wasn't as difficult as the first (especially since they almost did away with timed/twitch puzzles.)

I specifically remember there being one in the first game where you had to press a button and then fling yourself over a pool of acid while aiming your portal gun in mid-air and hoping that you'll get there before the time runs out. I spent like an hour on that one. It drives me nuts because I understand the solutions fairly quickly, I just can't implement them. :|

It drives me nuts because I understand the solutions fairly quickly, I just can't implement them. :|

Just started playing through the co-op levels last weekend, and there was one I was worried was going to be awful since it involved timing (flinging a ball back and forth and running through blue fields), but it wasn't very hard.

I didn't finish the first Portal either.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still havent done the Co-op in 2, really looking forward to it

and what at people having not finished portal 1. It's like 3 hours long and the conclusion is one of the most memorable ever.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Just started playing through the co-op levels last weekend, and there was one I was worried was going to be awful since it involved timing (flinging a ball back and forth and running through blue fields), but it wasn't very hard.

I didn't finish the first Portal either.

I remember that one. I had a bit of trouble with it but I wasn't too frustrated. I just kept missing the jump.

You people ought to finish it. It wouldn't take that much effort!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Probably just got busy.
opPrX.png

By the way, peeps, International Pillow Fight Day is this Saturday. About a hundred cities around the globe (most of them in the US) stage large scale pillow fights in public areas. New York City and Boston are probably the biggest ones, with the former generally getting about five thousand warriors together in Manhattan's Union Square park to beat each other into fluffy submission while donating oodles of soft goodness to local no-kill puppy shelters.

I'm sure you all already know about it, as it's not nearly as secret an event as it used to be. But I thought it worth repeating. :)

ZeroRay

Portal was great.

Like a perfect appetizer. The best tasting thing you ever had, but not quite filling. Portal 2 is like a premium dinner, excellent, but too heavy to be perfect. Contradictions maybe, but this is gaming.

Davedough

Portal was great.

Like a perfect appetizer. The best tasting thing you ever had, but not quite filling. Portal 2 is like a premium dinner, excellent, but too heavy to be perfect. Contradictions maybe, but this is gaming.

Your beard is a reindeer; your argument is invalid.

Davedough

Holy bizzarro!

So, someone sent out a bat signal or what? 3 people who haven't regularly been in this thread get called out and they show up moments later..... IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY WERE NAMED!

the mayans were right

Holy bizzarro!

So, someone sent out a bat signal or what? 3 people who haven't regularly been in this thread get called out and they show up moments later..... IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY WERE NAMED!

the mayans were right

-quickly turns off bat signal and whistles nonchalantly-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom