• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear there are some places that are pretty cold all year round. The average summer in Scotland, for example, is 18 °C. Also Canada maybe?

That's about the average 24h summer temperature here. Parts of Canada will be warmer as you move away from the oceans, parts will be colder (as you move north).

Anyway, I love it.

Well, they still have seasons. Unless it's like, those places where it's only light out six or so months of the year.

Yes, but in the summer it's light out for 24hours. Already the sun doesn't set in Yellowknife.

leadbelly

Banned
That's about the average 24h summer temperature here. Parts of Canada will be warmer as you move away from the oceans, parts will be colder (as you move north).

Anyway, I love it.

Your summer is comparable to England. Winter, spring and autumn are significantly colder though. Our summers have been terrible the last so many years, but I generally wouldn't call them cold. Maybe we'll actually have a good summer this year, I don't know. When I was a kid, we seemed to have more days of sunshine in the summer. Now spring seems to have the most days of sunshine. I say that, but this was predicted this year. It hasn't been quite as bad as that suggests, but it has been unusually cold.

I don't think temperature tells you the whole story though. For instance you could have an unusually warm day in late autumn or winter, but it will never feel the same as that temperature would in spring or summer. The sun is lower in the sky, the humidity levels are lower, etc.

25°C in the UK can feel scorchingly hot because the humidity levels are very high. The temperature tends not to drop off all that much later on in the day or early in the morning.

leadbelly

Banned
This made me chuckle

I'm glad I don't get overly aggravated about this sort of stuff, or I'd be completely gone by now. Also probably helps that I'm terrible at putting any arguments I have into words.

Is Raw permanently banned? I say that because his avatar is missing. I remember someone saying that when the avatar is missing it usually means it is a permanent ban. I'm not sure if that is true or not though.

I've been banned twice and I feel like I mostly keep from crossing the line.

Sometimes you're just going to post something stupid in a bad mood and then a mod is going to decide that's too far.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissars! Me and Chet drew pictures of her!

Mine

Chet Rippo

Chet's is basically better in every way ._.

I don't know why I picked so much Celtish greens because they totally don't make any sense and I don't really want that color scheme.

Just so others can see it, bam:

aliyacolors.jpg

(Lead: I can draw you a picture too now, if you just give me more details. :eek:)

I am so jealous. Such a great photo ^^

It's so nice to be able to go to castles. :D US has no castles. ;.;

It's hard to see, but I would guess Converse boots.

They are indeed knee high Converse!

leadbelly

Banned
lol

A friend of mine was using google voice to speak to me on steam.

"a condom protect my text to speak to self phone congleton mahal x x x pine doors".

He did not say that. :D

leadbelly

Banned
Surely Freddie Mercury is one of the greatest, if not the greatest rock frontmen ever?

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Queen. I like some of their songs, and I understand why people like them, but their general style of music I'm not usually in to.

Anyway, I have never really liked 'Radio Ga Ga' but listening to him sing it live, I'm thinking, "this is amazing!". What is it about live music that makes you think that way? It's not even being there though, it has the same effect on me just watching it on video. I guess it is partly to do with the atmosphere. The crowd certainly adds something to the performance.

Radio Ga Ga is the second song on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8q-cq4P-I

Also 'We are the Champions' is amazing on this. I think the studio version is kind of cheesy, but sounds amazing live.

This happens to be one of the Queen songs I like. Still sounds better live though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdoxoAGhBGM&feature=watch_response

Davedough

If you notice Lissar strangely vacant from this thread going forward, I may or may not know things about her whereabouts.... just sayin.

Anyway, I love it.

lol, 18C is when I turn on the heater and put two doonas on the bed. Comparing that graph to this one, it looks like your summer is about comparative to my winter. =/ But you do have snow. I want snow!

It's so nice to be able to go to castles. :D US has no castles. ;.;

But you have Disneyland and Hollywood, which has gotta count for something :p

So.

The Avengers.

...yup.

:D :D :D :D :D

Do I go see it a third time? hmmm.....

EDIT: I had some loud guys sitting behind me too =/ Sounded like he made 3ish phone calls, and just before the final battle he goes "oi, what's a loki?". I turned around to glare at them when the lights came up, and realised it was a disabled guy and his carer :( I felt so bad...

Timedog gets banned, Blame Space becomes unbanned, it is like a coin spinning through the air forever.

lol, 18C is when I turn on the heater and put two doonas on the bed. Comparing that graph to this one, it looks like your summer is about comparative to my winter. =/ But you do have snow. I want snow!

18° is t-shirt weather. It was 30° a few days in March, quite surprisingly.

Also, had to look up 'doona'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom