• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

I wonder if making it legal would get that group of people who say stuff like "you haven't experienced life until you've smoked pot maaan" to quiet down. I mean, I have nothing against it being legal, but those people kinda annoy me to the point where I don't want them to have access to it.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they'd just shut the hell up. I think the worst thing about legalising it is that it might make them feel like they'd achieved something. Which they haven't.

EDIT: Woah just saw the Gaborn thing. Fuck :(

leadbelly

Banned
gaborn seriously

Yeah. :(

It really brings home the mortality of us all. How suddenly death can hit you. Of course it seems Gaborn had health problems, but still...

I've only just realised who your avatar is for. Never really noticed the guy on the forums.

Finished watching all seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender yesterday.

So many emotions, such a fantastic show. I haven't started watching The Legend of Korra yet, a friend of mine said I should read the comics before hand for background knowledge. Has anyone read them?

Emitan

Does anyone know of any good collectathon style 3D platformers? I think I've played...well, all of them, but it's worth a shot >_>

Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (yes, I think this game is good)
Spyro games? Never played them
Crash games? Ditto.
Psychonauts

Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (yes, I think this game is good)
Crash games? Ditto.
Psychonauts

Apart from Spongebob, played all of them :D

Thanks anyways though. You should play Crash and Spyro, up to the third of each series at least. They're both awesome. Crash is more of an obstacle course type platformer than a collectathon, though you do have to break every box to get the proper endings and stuff. If you like platformers (which I seem to remember you do) you should definitely check them out :D

*investigates this Spongebob game*

Crash 3 2 is a top 5 platformer. So many good memories with that game.

Fixed >_>

Crash 3 added too many random levels, like the flying and bike levels. And I preferred the themes of the levels in 2 more.

They're both really good though. And I think we can agree that Crash 1 is fucking evil with it's saves.

CTR is also the best kart racer ever. Followed by Double Dash.

Nah bro, Diddy Kong Racing all the way. Double Dash is the best Mario Kart though. And CTR is great, haven't played it in forever though.

ALSO INTERNET. INTERNET. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STOP TO BUGGER A 360P VIDEO.

OR BUFFER. FUCKING TYPING.

Acid08

Banned
Nah bro, Diddy Kong Racing all the way. Double Dash is the best Mario Kart though. And CTR is great, haven't played it in forever though.

ALSO INTERNET. INTERNET. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STOP TO BUGGER A 360P VIDEO.

OR BUFFER. FUCKING TYPING.
eh, everything that has to do with Donkey Kong and his crappy cast of characters is pretty boring.

I do own this shirt though and it's pretty awesome(not my picture but same shirt):
30.JPG

leadbelly

Banned
I really don't know what to make of the reception Assassin's Creed 3 has got. I was reading the thread on gaming-side and there are a lot of disappointed people in there. There are others that claim the game is pretty good though.

I was just listening to the 'Invisible Walls' podcast and their opinions are pretty positive overall. I don't really know what to think. I guess I will end up buying it anyway. I will get the PC version so hopefully the graphical and framerate issues will be ironed out when it is released. I hope it's an improved game overall really. Ubisoft tends to just release the same game on PC with very little improvement. Of course the framerate will obviously be improved, but things like draw distance --which they could improve quite dramatically -- might not though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/clljgm/invisible-walls-episode-231--the-games-have-arrived

I don't understand Ass Creed. I mean, I've only played the first one but everything was so tedious about it I don't see how it could be such a dramatic improvement in 2

leadbelly

Banned
I don't understand Ass Creed. I mean, I've only played the first one but everything was so tedious about it I don't see how it could be such a dramatic improvement in 2

lol

Honestly, don't judge the series by the first game. The first game was terrible in every aspect, bar perhaps the story. Really, the first game was more like a tech demo. Like they were just showing off what the engine could do. It had some interesting ideas, but it seems those ideas were never fully realised. It's basically the same tasks over and over again for the whole game.

Assassin's Creed 2 improves on the original in every way possible. The first thing you notice is the parkour aspects of the game are far more fluid. The side-quests are more varied and greater in number. They're also a lot more interesting. The battle system, while still being a bit clumsy and slow, is definitely improved. It actually feels like a fully fleshed out game overall.

Trust me, the second game was a huge leap forward.

Aaaah I can't focus. Must focus exam tomorrow but aaaaaaaaaaah.

And Google is so broken. I keep trying to search gni and it keeps bringing me back gdp results instead. No I don't need you to highlight gdp. If I wanted that I would have typed it in.
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Crash games? Ditto.
Psychonauts
Speaking of 3D platformers, does anyone remember croc? I really wanna go back and play it again after all these years. That was one of my first 3D platformers.

Speaking of 3D platformers, does anyone remember croc? I really wanna go back and play it again after all these years. That was one of my first 3D platformers.

I temporarily swapped Rayman 2 for that with someone once, except they moved and it wasn't temporary so now I hate it because it wasn't Rayman 2

leadbelly

Banned
Aaaah I can't focus. Must focus exam tomorrow but aaaaaaaaaaah.

Good luck with your exams.

You could always download an emulator for your PC and play the game that way.

I temporarily swapped Rayman 2 for that with someone once, except they moved and it wasn't temporary so now I hate it because it wasn't Rayman 2

Lending out games. lol

I was always so reluctant to swap or simply lend out games because I was worried of never getting them back, or the person you lent it to taking ages to give it you back. There was always someone who would say, "I'll give it you back next week" and a month later you still haven't got it back.

Acid08

Banned
Puerto Rico is voting tomorrow as well for independence, statehood, or to remain a commonwealth. As a person of Puerto Rican descent, independence all the way!

Reading about Australian-Japanese history in Japanese is weird. They talk about the battle in Singapore, but they mostly just say that lots of Japanese died there without context of the battle. Then there's one sentence about bombing Sydney and Darwin, and then a whole paragraph about how Japanese-Australians were put into camps. I mean, yes it happened but it's kind of unbalanced and lacking important context. I feel kind of uncomfortable about Japanese people reading this..
I already voted!
Good girl.

Ezalc

I don't think you're supposed to learn dude! those cards are for collecting!
Teach meeee!

That's what I thought as well! Until a friend of mine taught me how to play it. It's pretty fun, and it's a lot simpler than something like yu-gi-oh or whatever. A friend of mine had enough cards to make three new decks for me, and two other of our friends. We did double battles and me and my partner won 2 out of 3 battles using Fire/Psychic and Rock/Water decks against my friends' Electric/Grass and Psychic/Steel.

I don't think I CAN vote since I haven't had time to properly change my address. Someone told me I can go to a nearby polling place anyways and fill out an additional form, though.

Top Bottom