• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

.la1n

Less Than Jake - History of a boring town. Best song from my youth.

side note: had never entered the k-pop threads before and this was my immediate reaction upon doing so:

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

Chuckie

side note: had never entered the k-pop threads before and this was my immediate reaction upon doing so:

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

I love K-Pop threads.

The music not so much though :p

.la1n

Oh the music is most assuredly trash with a few gems sprinkled here and there. Mostly from the 90s, but I am biased. Now it's just really creepy when I am in South Korea but even more so when I am in the states and the fans here are even creepier.

edit: I do like my sister's response when someone says "Hey you're Korean right, you look like..." and she answers "NO."

Chuckie

Oh the music is most assuredly trash with a few gems sprinkled here and there. Mostly from the 90s, but I am biased. Now it's just really creepy when I am in South Korea but even more so when I am in the states and the fans here are even creepier.

They tend to be rather....enthousiastic indeed. But they provide me with pics of hot Korean girls so who am I to complain.

.la1n

They tend to be rather....enthousiastic indeed. But they provide me with pics of hot Korean girls so who am I to complain.

I can provide you with pics of hot Korean girls ;_;

a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd
and i used to say i'd never stay but i'm rotting here today

Who knew we'd see the day where the lyrics truly rang true.

Jintor

a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd
and i used to say i'd never stay but i'm rotting here today

But I was never really into them, which is the weird thing. I liked Automatic, but that was all I'd really heard. Also third-wave ska, outside of like Streetlight Manifesto and Arrogant Sons of Bitches (and Bomb the Music Industry if they count) is pretty much all trash so IONO WHAT IS HAPPENING.

EDIT: Also why the fuck is IE taking so long to load a login screen, where it's not even a login, it's just a button?

ESPECIALLY AS YOU'RE ON LOCALHOST WHAT THE FUCK.

.la1n

But I was never really into them, which is the weird thing. I liked Automatic, but that was all I'd really heard. Also third-wave ska, outside of like Streetlight Manifesto and Arrogant Sons of Bitches (and Bomb the Music Industry if they count) is pretty much all trash so IONO WHAT IS HAPPENING.

I always had a guilty pleasure for them and Goldfinger. After that it was Bane, old Comeback Kid, Against Me!, and a few other random bands I would see in Atlanta, Georgia.

Jintor

I have this weird thing where I really like the concept of ska but I don't necessarily like listening to ska that much

.la1n

The Plaids were pretty big when I was in High School, don't remember much else. Must have been the drugs.

Jintor

You like the concept of ska? I don't even know what this means >_>

brass band + guitars and stuff

that just sounds righteous

but I listen to it and I get bombastic'd out pretty easily unless it's, like, the two less than jake albums i like or that one mighty mighty bosstones album i mostly like

brass band + guitars and stuff

that just sounds righteous

but I listen to it and I get bombastic'd out pretty easily unless it's, like, the two less than jake albums i like or that one mighty mighty bosstones album i mostly like

I think piano punk should be a thing. It'd be amazing. Like this. Or this, kind of.

I just love the sound of piano.

EDIT: What do you think of this Mr J?

Chuckie

I LOVE the sound of piano. Classical remixes of songs are wonderful. Alicia Keys can have my babies.

Yeah Alicia Keys is awesome. She can have my babies too.

Will be easy for her with those hips though...to have all these babies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah Alicia Keys is awesome. She can have my babies too.

Will be easy for her with those hips though...to have all these babies.
Normally I would call you out for being crass and what for but the woman is seriously beautiful.

marrec

Banned
Today's my birthday! decided to sleep in and miss like 3/4 my classes .

Happy Birthday!

I got you crushing guilt for missing classes, hope you like it!

On a completely related note, since Hurricane Sandy fucked up Halloween for us, our community (Pittsburgh) is doing Trick or Treating tomorrow night!

Yay for late Halloween!

dralla

So I got a bit further into 1984, it got really good, couldn't put it down, but where I am now, it's starting to drag on and I'm losing interest. Hopefully I'll finish it in the next 2 days, so far I'd say I'm enjoying it, it's just a little inconsistent. Next book I plan on reading, either Dune, Hyperion, or The Icarus Hunt.

So I got a bit further into 1984, it got really good, couldn't put it down, but where I am now, it's starting to drag on and I'm losing interest. Hopefully I'll finish it in the next 2 days, so far I'd say I'm enjoying it, it's just a little inconsistent. Next book I plan on reading, either Dune, Hyperion, or The Icarus Hunt.

Read dune! it's really good.

Top Bottom