• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
I'll be fiiiiiine. And it wasn't that I didn't lock the door, I didn't UNlock the door. So I nearly got locked out for the night.

BOARD GAME CLUB TONIGHT :D

I'm trying to figure out how you can open a door without unlocking it. :p

I'm guessing you mean you didn't pull down the switch that stops the door from locking when it closes.

I'm trying to figure out how you can open a door without unlocking it. :p

I'm guessing you mean you didn't pull down the switch that stops the door from locking when it closes.

Yeah, that thing. Though in this case it's a button. Which I did press, but apparently not properly :C

Also I'm listening to a Paxman interview with Nick Griffin. Jesus christ I hate that man.

El Sloth

Banned
ShockingAlberto does too. :eek:

Also, NOTHING TO BE GUILTY ABOUT.
Three of us! Enough for a club!

Also,
DySol.gif

Like hell it is. This only gave us more questions!

Ezalc

Coding is so boring. One of the reasons why I could never make video games, the other being my total inability at anything artistic.

BOARD GAME CLUB TONIGHT :D

Just got back from this, so much fun. Played two games that I'd never even heard of before, The Resistance and Lords of Waterdeep. When we played The Resistance, I was a spy and we nearly won. In fact we pretty much had won, but one of the other spies for some reason played the wrong card and we lost :C

Then we split off into two groups, the other group played Small World and my group played Lords of Waterdeep, as I said above. I totes won. Pretty comfortably as well. After I'd taken my lead people only really caught up for a turn before I'd get a load more points again. I'm awesome B)

leadbelly

Banned
me at every party ever

4cbMr.jpg

Wait... they're the ones missing out billie. While they're busy smooching away, that kid gets to have all the nice party snacks to himself. I bet they were gutted later on.

"What the fuck happened to all the crisps? They were my favourite flavour as well!"

"And who ate all those chocolate fingers?"

There's only one winner here.

Wait... they're the ones missing out billie. While they're busy smooching away, that kid gets to have all the nice party snacks to himself. I bet they were gutted later on.

"What the fuck happened to all the crisps? They were my favourite flavour as well!"

"And who ate all those chocolate fingers?"

There's only one winner here.

Exactly, those kissing people don't have their priorities straight, at all parties it's always a subtle balance between eating as much food as you can and not looking like you're eating as much food as you can.

leadbelly

Banned
Exactly, those kissing people don't have their priorities straight, at all parties it's always a subtle balance between eating as much food as you can and not looking like you're eating as much food as you can.

And making sure you get to the best stuff first before it all gets eaten. It always seems to be the egg sandwiches that are left. I hate egg sandwiches. lol :p

leadbelly

Banned
me too! scallops wrapped in bacon are my first go to....then it's onto the puff pastries stuffed with various things.

I do like those little cocktail sausages actually and those cheese and pineapple things people do. I have loads of them. I also have a ridiculously sweet tooth. Anything sweet (cakes, chocolate, desserts, etc) and I just can't resist it.

I love egg sandwiches

Nah, I can't stand them. :/

TODAY IS IT.

SIGNUPS CLOSE AT 12AM EST TONIGHT.

I speculate that if you've taken this long, you're probably not going to sign up today and thus are no fun. So feel free to put on your Amish work clothes and go back to churning the butter while being mad at everyone else who has fun. :mad:

RKAg7.png

Hey, guys! Thanks to CrudeDiatribe (whom you should be showering with compliments, gifts, and possible sexual favors depending on sobriety), the database we're using for Secret Santa is finally up. So here's the registration URL:

http://realgafsanta.lonelyfridge.com/registration.php

This is for Real-GAF only, this is not a GAF-at-large Secret Santa. Not anything against anyone else, that would just be too big and unmanageable. So if you're not part of this community, exercise your best judgment. Similarly, don't join if you don't think you can recirporcate presents - this is a big circle of gift-giving to people you hopefully consider friends. We don't want anyone stiffed on this.

OKAY THAT'S ALL THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY. If you haven't clicked the URL yet, here's what you'll need to be inputting: Your GAF name, your Real Name, your e-mail (don't put a fake one, it is how you will get your Santee information), your address, and any notes and Game Systems you want to add. Try using the last area to put, say, Steam names or what you would like.

The registration will officially close on November 10th, midnight eastern standard time, so you have that long to register. After that, e-mails will be disbursed and everyone will find out who they are buying for. Crude and I will be looking over everything to make sure there are no issues and everyone has a merry Christmas.

But everyone lives in weird places!

Kind of! Luckily, there are options. If you have someone on Steam, you can purchase through there for international people (note that there are rare game exceptions, such as Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, that will not boot up from IPs in Germany, so make sure you double-check on that sort of thing). There are several countries that have their own Amazon delivery, so barring maybe a phone call from your bank, that is a good way to get items to someone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=487250 - International hubs for Amazon

Usually you can just google "Amazon (country name)" and find what you're looking for and sometimes bigger Amazon hubs may ship to neighboring countries for cheap. So those are your best bets for buying those things for people.

If none of those options work, well...shipping options exist and they might not be TOO expensive. But hopefully it won't come to that. If there is a big problem that just can't be worked around, PM me and I'll see what we can figure out. It will probably involve me talking to the Santee to see what can be done.

But I'm awful at buying presents!

Probably! Most people are! But that's okay! Steam has a wishlist feature if you're going that route. If not, there's a notes section in the registration where hopefully your santee has decided to put what they wanted. And if that doesn't pan out, maybe look through their GAF post history and try and get a feel for what they might want.

And for all the santees, don't be a jerk! People are doing their best to shop for you, so don't get mad if you don't get exactly what you want. We're all friends here, so let's act like it. The important thing is to have fun with it!

Edit: After thinking about it, cap is $75, minimum is $10.

Decent chance this will be the last GAF Secret Santa because sign-ups have been up for almost a month and only around fourteen people signed up. But who knows, maybe there will be a last minute surge of people.

Ezalc

If I'm repaying a debt I should probably be the one going over there.

But then how will you introduce me and Billie to your single Australian girl friends? Also I'm in Brazil so then you'd have to go to the US and here. Better we just meet up at your house at 4 in the afternoon.

Top Bottom