• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Ezalc

Somebody tell me a good movie to watch right now. Preferably some over the top action or something. Wouldn't mind something animated either.

Pau

Somebody tell me a good movie to watch right now. Preferably some over the top action or something. Wouldn't mind something animated either.
If you've never seen The Secret of Kells and are an animation fan, do yourself a favor and watch it. One of the most beautiful animated films out there. It's on Netflix. Although if you're in the mood for over the top action, it probably isn't a good pick. But just putting that out there. For everyone. Watch The Secret of Kells.

Acid08

Banned

How over the top are we talking? The Good, The Bad, And The Weird is a good one. The Raid is also totally rad. If you're a kung fu fan then Master of the Flying Guillotine has some great fights.

If you've never seen The Secret of Kells and are an animation fan, do yourself a favor and watch it. One of the most beautiful animated films out there. It's on Netflix. Although if you're in the mood for over the top action, it probably isn't a good pick. But just putting that out there. For everyone. Watch The Secret of Kells.
Will add to instant que!

ZeroRay

Added too. Haven't really been using Netflix, like at all these past few months.

Avatar was pretty good, so lets see if Pau's taste in animation comes through again.

Acid08

Banned
Added too. Haven't really been using Netflix, like at all these past few months.

Avatar was pretty good, so lets see if Pau's taste in animation comes through again.
Duuuude I love Avatar. Have you seen Korra yet?

Redline is another over the top movie, it's animated as well. Fucking crazy flick.

Ezalc

Duuuude I love Avatar. Have you seen Korra yet?

Redline is another over the top movie, it's animated as well. Fucking crazy flick.

Saw Redline already, one of my favorite movies of forever because of it's animation. That theme too, soo goood. I wish there more over the top racing anime :C.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Redline's awesome but my friend who became obsessed with it would just exclaim "Redline!" every time I saw him for like 3 weeks and it became rather obnoxious

Ezalc

Redline's awesome but my friend who became obsessed with it would just exclaim "Redline!" every time I saw him for like 3 weeks and it became rather obnoxious

Me and a friend of mine have an ongoing joke about getting on the Redline and all of that but we don't use it a lot. Just when something awesome happens.

Real-GAF Secret Santa e-mails have been sent out!

With patented name-out-of-a-hat technology, all of you who signed up and have been e-mailed your Santee, with their name, address, and any information they provided. If you didn't get your e-mail, check your spam, and if it's not there, PM me.

I know at least one person had a date by which they needed their present delivered by, so don't delay looking at the e-mail!

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Maybe a refresher on min/max limits and send-by dates and all that would be good for those getting their santee emails today.

Acid08

Banned
The person I got is about to be so fucking stoked. Nailed it.

In other news, today is day eight without a cigarette for me. I feel fucking great.

AcridMeat

Banned
Well I watched Rumble In The Bronx for the first time in years yesterday. I forgot how nuts it is.

Hmm.

Hmmmm. This will require some thinking.

Also. Just rewatched A New Hope (from before any of the Lucas edits, at least the noticable ones). God I fucking love the design of those films, they've still got my favourite style of any sci-fi film. It's also made me want to make films even more now. When I move back to Brighton I'm definitely signing up for one of the film schools there.

Acid08

Banned
Whoever got me, know this:

Wu-Tang is here forever.

Kung fu movies are the best.

And .lain, I think you're probably an awesome gift giver :)

SRG01

Yay I got my secret santa :)

To whoever got me, I hope you know who I am :p I hang out on IRC a little too much...

how the F does IRC work

I not good with computer

Lol, it too me forever and at least 3 other gaffers helping me to figure out how it worked.

Basically, just go to mibbit , click server and type in the server and channel name (I cant remember them off the top of my head). (I think we should just go back to tinychat).

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I thought I hadn't gotten my email but realised it was in the junk folder...

Now to start creeping on my person

Luckily my Secret Santa has a Steam wishlist. Not sure what to get them otherwise...

Time to stalk!

If that's me, or someone else was thinking of using the wishlist for me, a lot of it was just thrown on there for those "Win the top 10 things off your wishlist" things. I'll update it soon though >_>

Jintor

It's weird how I can look at my steam list, my ridiculously large steam game list, and think 'meh, i don't really want to play that'

there's a tonne of games I want to one day play. But almost never anything that I want to play right now...

It's weird how I can look at my steam list, my ridiculously large steam game list, and think 'meh, i don't really want to play that'

there's a tonne of games I want to one day play. But almost never anything that I want to play right now...

tumblr_m7d8l5FSBC1rzkwo3o1_500.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
I never know the GAF IRC stuff.

I've been on a few times, but always seem to forget. I go on and then don't bother for a couple of weeks. It has completely gone out of my head by then.

That's exactly what I do. I lose the enthusiasm to play. It's just that initial push to play the game though with me. Once I get to the point of actually playing it, I'll play it for hours. The funny thing is, it doesn't stop me from continuing to buy games when they are on sale. I think the reason I buy them is because of the deal itself, rather than me really wanting to play the game. lol

I've got to play Brotherhood anyway because AC3 comes out on the 20th.

Top Bottom