• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Ezalc

I thought I'd stop by and say hello to all again. What did I miss while I was gone here?

Me and Billie are going to Shan's house in like a week where she'll throw a party and introduce us to her single girl friends.

Nobody volunteered to do the podcast this week.

Friend does a tafe certificate in flash animation, then transfers into a business degree. Suddenly starts making 'lol arts degrees are useless' comments all the time. I seriously have no idea what incenses people to say that crap. You just look like the biggest prick ever, and really insecure. I have a friend who went on a date with some guy in Engineering who spent the first 20 minutes talking about how his degree was the best and Art degree students were all gonna end up serving him at mcdonalds etc. I wish I could have seen his face when she told him she was doing arts.

Anyway I really ripped into my friend and he repented and said the course I was doing in Arts was a lot better than most majors (arts, drama, music). Which isn't even Arts. arghdjksjflslf.

SRG01

I'm an engineer and I think Arts degrees are amazing. They require more reading, research, and critical thinking compared to most science degrees.

Edit: then again, I almost got a minor in religious studies...

Jintor

Well, my media degree is gonna be preeeeeetty shithouse for finding a job. But it's like a bajillion times more fun than law

I hate those type of people. The best type of engineering students were the ones who "got" liberal arts. There isn't enough mixing between disciplines anyway which is always a good thing.

Crude has an awesome voice.
Also, the Top Gear Vietnam Special is something I also want to do (travel Vietnam using cheap scooters).

Oh and Lissar's avatar is probably how she looks like reading gaf.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Kinda bummed out right now. Just found out on fb that a guy I used to go to school with killed himself today. He was such a lovely guy. Must have had some bad demons :(

Friend does a tafe certificate in flash animation, then transfers into a business degree. Suddenly starts making 'lol arts degrees are useless' comments all the time. I seriously have no idea what incenses people to say that crap.

Cognitive dissonance? We have to go off the deep end to feel better about our decisions sometimes.

I'm an engineer and I think Arts degrees are amazing. They require more reading, research, and critical thinking compared to most science degrees.

The best type of engineering students were the ones who "got" liberal arts. There isn't enough mixing between disciplines anyway which is always a good thing.

It is obnoxious. From a practical standpoint there's some truth to the thought that the most instantly employable university degrees are business and engineering. Undergrad arts & science sure doesn't lead to a job for most (physics degree? haha). That doesn't mean those subjects not worth studying. If you just wanted to make a buck instead of studying something interesting, why not go to tradeschool and learn to be a plumber or electrician in a year or two and start raking in the money?

I sometimes (well, very rarely) regret not doing the five year double BA/BSc programme I was accepted into. I ultimately decided a different school (without such a programme) was a better fit for me for a number of non-academic reasons.

Crude has an awesome voice.

Aww! Thanks!

Also, the Top Gear Vietnam Special is something I also want to do (travel Vietnam using cheap scooters).

I'm not sure I'd actually want to drive a bike around the country, having never driven a motorbike (and last having ridden one close to 25 years ago). Still, beautiful country.

That's sort of how I'm browsing gaf at the moment.

Eyes bugged out?

Kinda bummed out right now. Just found out on fb that a guy I used to go to school with killed himself today.

Hug some friends.

Ezalc

Am I the only one playing Hawken? It's so much fun, blowing people up with the sharpshooter is a great thing.

Man, they really go overboard with the Bond theme in the old films

*watching From Russia With Love*

He's just looking around his hotel room and it's on full tilt.

leadbelly

Banned
Eyes bugged out?

Well... In some threads it has been more like this:

la6mD.jpg

Spent last night at a birthday party where the highlight of my night was seeing salami being served. Today, I got invited to a beach picnic, but the only people that would've been there would be two couples.

I got to play some Halo 4, and I even remembered my old gamertag (although I don't have Live anymore, obviously).

The story itself isn't all that funny, but it was back when I posted a lot more in the anime thread, and shortly before I became its' ojou-sama.

o_O, Well that's certainly something.

Spent last night at a birthday party where the highlight of my night was seeing salami being served. Today, I got invited to a beach picnic, but the only people that would've been there would be two couples.

I got to play some Halo 4, and I even remembered my old gamertag (although I don't have Live anymore, obviously).

Oh, how's Halo 4?

Oh, how's Halo 4?

I like it more than 3, but I hate how they named multiplayer "Infinity." Just name it multiplayer, for crying out loud. All of my issues with it are nitpicks, really. The multiplayer is really fun. Wish I could've had my own loadout, but since I disn't have Live I was stuck as a guest.

Hm. Thinking about moving back to Brighton as soon as my rent contract is up. I wonder if my parents'll let me live with them for a bit so that I can save up and buy somewhere.

...hm. I miss Brighton. Best city in England by miles.

Top Bottom