• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Acid08

Banned
What did you do?

Also on super hero films, Kick-Ass and Hellboy 1/2 are the only films that got their source material right. X2 / The Dark Knight are entertaining and the rest fall somewhere between mediocre and unwatchable.
.la1n gets it right! Hellboy 2 and X2 are my favorite comic movies. TDK, while a good movie, is not very Batman. And that's pretty much the worst thing you could say about anything or anyone.

The new Spidey movie was super mediocre, it had all the bullet points for a Hollywood blockbuster but it had no heart to it. Felt like a movie entirely made by robots who know what normal human beings want to see.

Pau

.la1n gets it right! Hellboy 2 and X2 are my favorite comic movies. TDK, while a good movie, is not very Batman. And that's pretty much the worst thing you could say about anything or anyone.

The new Spidey movie was super mediocre, it had all the bullet points for a Hollywood blockbuster but it had no heart to it. Felt like a movie entirely made by robots who know what normal human beings want to see.
Which is pretty sad because Andrew Garfield is a pretty damn good choice as far as live action Peter Parkers go.

Best Spider-Man adaptation ever is Spectacular Spider-Man and they cancelled it. And we got the crap that's Young Justice instead. Anyways, the show is leagues above any live action Spider-Man movie. The new one tried to talk a few cues from it, and those were the few elements that worked, but they just couldn't bring it all together. Anyone who likes Spider-Man should check it out. Complete series is on Netflix.

dralla

go outside and see this shit

jrQVjChYuNNdH.jpg

what the fuck, leave a note or something you stupid asshole

awesome, now my phone is fucked up. cant type anything and or download anything, so I can't re-download my keyboard :/

.la1n

People are dicks, they should have left a note.

On the folding clothes stuff, no worries - not a big deal :)

It'll be interesting to see if they do what they should do in the sequel. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

Agreed.

Which is pretty sad because Andrew Garfield is a pretty damn good choice as far as live action Peter Parkers go.

Best Spider-Man adaptation ever is Spectacular Spider-Man and they cancelled it. And we got the crap that's Young Justice instead. Anyways, the show is leagues above any live action Spider-Man movie. The new one tried to talk a few cues from it, and those were the few elements that worked, but they just couldn't bring it all together. Anyone who likes Spider-Man should check it out. Complete series is on Netflix.

I agree on both counts, Andrew Garfield is a pretty damn good choice for Peter Parker, I just hated the rest of the movie, villain especially. Everyone should watch Spectacular Spider-Man, it's leagues better than Young Justice.

Pau

Guess they took it down recently. Damn shame too since I'm not sure if the second season is even out on DVD. Maybe Disney doesn't want people watching the show anymore and realizing how bad Ultimate Spider-Man is in comparison. :(

Guess they took it down recently. Damn shame too since I'm not sure if the second season is even out on DVD. Maybe Disney doesn't want people watching the show anymore and realizing how bad Ultimate Spider-Man is in comparison. :(

Don't speak that name :< , i need to go cry in a corner now.

Best Spider-Man adaptation ever is Spectacular Spider-Man and they cancelled it.
I know ;.; It was amazing. And the theme song was so funky!

I just watched it on youtube. Here you go ^^ (if its not legal I'll take it down)

Seth C

Heya Seth, welcome

I'm Hawkian on Steam, ya'll should certainly add me

I'll try to remember that. I rarely get on Steam though.

Spectacular Spider-Man is my love. I got both of my nephews addicted to it as well, and now they are Spider-Man fans for life. Thankfully I have the entire run stored safely and can re-watch anytime I like.

.la1n

Just got around to finally playing Sonic Generations as part of my "I'm laid off right now so might as well game while I job hunt." Easily the best of the 3D Sonic games, pretty impressed with it.

.la1n

Tokyo Jungle
Pixel Junk Eden
Wipeout HD
Flower
Bionic Commando Rearmed

The bolded I have not played outside of the demos for PJE and BCR. I will look into them for sure. I heard Tokyo Jungle was good fun from Lissar.

Folklore.
Valkyria Chronicles.
God Hand (it's PS2 but you can download it from the PSN Store)

Own all three and all three are fantastic games, still have not beaten God Hand :(

RIP Game Republic, you made some quirky but ultimately pretty fun games. I think Knights Contract was their last game, never played it.

zon

I'm so old fashioned that I only read the comic books instead of watching the movies. Usually the movies makes the comics look like high literature anyway. :p

Wait did I miss a conversation related to AM's ass?
Did you want to say anything?

I'm so old fashioned that I only read the comic books instead of watching the movies. Usually the movies makes the comics look like high literature anyway. :p
And then you have Iron Man, which is by far the best portrayal of the character ever and made believable for the first time that Tony Stark was a playboy.

.la1n

Did you want to say anything?

And then you have Iron Man, which is by far the best portrayal of the character ever and made believable for the first time that Tony Stark was a playboy.

I should have at least mentioned Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr was nothing short of amazing in that role. The first movie is obviously the best but I will not knock his performance in 2 or The Avengers. It's not like it's a stretch for RDJ to be a playboy with inner demons ;)

Probably the best casting since Ron Perlman as Hellboy, not sure anything will ever top that. Major props to Mignola and Del Toro for pushing the studios to cast him, producers wanted Vin Diesel originally, an actor I respect believe it or not but a horrible casting choice.

I should have at least mentioned Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr was nothing short of amazing in that role. The first movie is obviously the best but I will not knock his performance in 2 or The Avengers. It's not like it's a stretch for RDJ to be a playboy with inner demons ;)

Probably the best casting since Ron Perlman as Hellboy, not sure anything will ever top that. Major props to Mignola and Del Toro for pushing the studios to cast him, producers wanted Vin Diesel originally, an actor I respect believe it or not but a horrible casting choice.

Considering how he's played the Riddick situation, it's hard not to respect the man

Acid08

Banned

Perlman was absolutely brilliant. Jeffrey Tambor was great in them as well. Oh, pop pop Bluth. I wish Del Toro had been able to get his At The Mountains Of Madness movie made, I was so incredibly hyped for that for a while. There's not a single director I trust more with monsters/practical effects.

Diesel is the shit, Fast Five was a great action movie and Pitch Black/Riddick obviously. His cameo at the end of Tokyo Drift was also super awesome for absolutely no reason.

.la1n

Perlman was absolutely brilliant. Jeffrey Tambor was great in them as well. Oh, pop pop Bluth. I wish Del Toro had been able to get his At The Mountains Of Madness movie made, I was so incredibly hyped for that for a while. There's not a single director I trust more with monsters/practical effects.

Diesel is the shit, Fast Five was a great action movie and Pitch Black/Riddick obviously. His cameo at the end of Tokyo Drift was also super awesome for absolutely no reason.

There is absolutely no reason At the Mountain of Madness should not have been made. Cameron could have footed that bill himself.

Acid08

Banned
There is absolutely no reason At the Mountain of Madness should not have been made. Cameron could have footed that bill himself.

Pretty excited for Pacific Rim at least. A Del Toro love letter to Japanese giant monster films, yes please! Two movie genres that aren't done well nearly enough: giant monster and kung fu. Not that they're really done at all anymore. Man With The Iron Fists was pretty cool at least.

zon

The ultimate comics did that job before the movie came out. I can't speak about the old Iron Man comics as I haven't read those.

.la1n

Pretty excited for Pacific Rim at least. A Del Toro love letter to Japanese giant monster films, yes please! Two movie genres that aren't done well nearly enough: giant monster and kung fu. Not that they're really done at all anymore. Man With The Iron Fists was pretty cool at least.

Yeah Pacific Rim looks goods, we at least know it will have amazing creature designs with Del Toro behind it.

No mine (and Catwomans) but I am willing to switch the topic to AM's.
There's not a whole lot to discuss.

The ultimate comics did that job before the movie came out. I can't speak about the old Iron Man comics as I haven't read those.

But the Ultimate Universe is awful. At least now.

Robert-Downey-Jr_7.jpg

As a non-native speaker, I didn't know the definition of swag until someone told me Robert Downey Jr. is its living embodiment.

Top Bottom