• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
As those who have 'Hotline Miami' are aware, it has a great soundtrack. I was just playing one of the later stages in the game, and I think the track on that particular stage is probably the best in the game. There is a real 80s electronica feel to the track. Somewhat of a modern take on 80s electronica perhaps. I just think it really fits the context of the game in terms of the graphical style and setting. The game is set in the 80s and visually looks like a game made in the 80s. Of course it's a very stylised interpretation of an 80s game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuLO1A857yE

Omg got my Secret Santa Gift

XjdqA.jpg

GIVE ME WHAT IS INSIDE YOU BOX

s15QW.jpg

Ooh, really immaculately wrapped books. I wonder what's inside...

w35nP.jpg

Oh man, these look awesome! I can't wait to read them!

Thanks a bunch, srg!

Jintor

My brother has air-con in his room. I don't. My room has the weirdest insulation in the house :/

great in winter though

Pau

Hey, hey, there's still three weeks until Christmas!

It's 40 degrees today, and so SO humid. Why am I wandering around outside?!
Christmas in warm weather is just... unacceptable.

And I say that as someone who grew up in Miami and will be spending her Christmas in Colombia which can get chilly but no winter. :C

One year I'll have my white Christmas...

zon

Move to northern Europe and you'll quickly come to hate the snow (and sleet and ice that comes with it) more than any other weather. I was so happy last year when we didn't have to deal with all that shit.

Jingle bells jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut.

And I say that as someone who grew up in Miami and will be spending her Christmas in Colombia which can get chilly but no winter. :C

Christmas isn't complete without a trip to the beach and a cold seafood lunch ;) I would LOVE to experience white Christmas at least once though.
My brother has air-con in his room. I don't. My room has the weirdest insulation in the house :/

great in winter though
My house is the opposite :p I called dibs on the aircon room kkk. I do pity you.

Pau

Unfortunately I seem to have brought the warm weather (and hurricanes) with me to NYC so I haven't been able to experience snow and winter enough to hate it yet. I love that seasons actually exist though. Don't think I could ever live anywhere without them again.

I live in Canada and it's almost never a white Christmas here. Winter doesn't usually bite hard until late January.

Dashin' through the bush
on a rusty holden ute...

hahahaha

I would LOVE to experience white Christmas at least once though.

You do know that it needs to be below freezing (that's 0°C) for that, right?

leadbelly

Banned
Christmas isn't complete without a trip to the beach and a cold seafood lunch ;) I would LOVE to experience white Christmas at least once though.

lol

It's such a different lifestyle. Going to the beach and having cold seafood just seems wrong to me. You should be dressed in winter clothing and having turkey for lunch.

We had a white Christmas a couple of winters ago, but doesn't happen often really. :(

leadbelly

Banned
See, I'm not a big fan of turkey. I made a ham last christmas though! we had it chilled with the seafood lol.

I suppose you could have chicken instead or some other meat. I love the traditional Christmas lunch though. I'd be kind of disappointed if I went to my parents' house for Christmas lunch and they slapped seafood on my plate. It has to be turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, etc. lol

I suppose you could have chicken instead or some other meat. I love the traditional Christmas lunch though. I'd be kind of disappointed if I went to my parents' house for Christmas lunch and they slapped seafood on my plate. It has to be turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, etc. lol

Whaaaat! But seafood is delicious, and so expensive! Prawns, oysters, crab, Moreton bay bugs, bit of potato salad on the side :p

gotta be honest though, I'm a bit worried about what will happen this year. My dad's overseas with work, and after deaths and a bankruptcy in the family I have no idea if we're even meeting up for Christmas :( Usually we all celebrate together but I don't think we can afford to this year. My mum's talking about volunteering at the homeless shelter with her Jewish friends, and while I'd be up for it on any other day of the year its not really Christmas... Boyfriend's family don't really do Christmas, but maybe I could convince boyfriend to spend the day with me.

leadbelly

Banned
Whaaaat! But seafood is delicious, and so expensive! Prawns, oysters, crab, Morton bay bugs, bit of potato salad on the side :p

gotta be honest though, I'm a bit worried about what will happen this year. My dad's overseas with work, and after deaths and a bankruptcy in the family I have no idea if we're even meeting up for Christmas :( Usually we all celebrate together but I don't think we can afford to this year. My mum's talking about volunteering at the homeless shelter with her Jewish friends, and while I'd be up for it on any other day of the year its not really Christmas... Boyfriend's family don't really do Christmas, but maybe I could convince boyfriend to spend the day with me.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Spending Christmas on your own sounds really quite depressing really. I hope you are able to sort something out shan.

EVOL 100%

:p

Christmas is celebrated in Korea isn't it?

Sorta kinda. Some people care, most don't really. My family cares enough to keep a fake Christmas tree in the house and share a bottle of champagne though.

Whaaaat! But seafood is delicious, and so expensive! Prawns, oysters, crab, Moreton bay bugs, bit of potato salad on the side :p

Damn, that's rough. Sorry to hear that. Don't let it get you down, you should be able to work something out during the next 3 weeks!

I hope your prospects look up soon.

Thanks guys. I am optimistic that something good will turn out ^^ Plus the Hobbit is realised at midnight at the end of the day, so I might go see that with some friends.

Sorta kinda. Some people care, most don't really. My family cares enough to keep a fake Christmas tree in the house and share a bottle of champagne though.

Yeah, boyfriend's family do the tree, but that's about it. I imagine its different for Christian families though.

leadbelly

Banned
Plus the Hobbit is realised at midnight at the end of the day, so I might go see that with some friends.

Oh I may go and watch that myself. I think it hits cinemas on 14th December here.

I was reading that 30% of South Koreans are Christian. That is quite a big part of the population. I imagine a fair few people celebrate it in some way there.

EVOL 100%

I visited New Mexico and experienced snow for the first time not too long ago. Snow sucks.

This is madness.

I was reading that 30% of South Koreans are Christian. That is quite a big part of the population. I imagine a fair few people celebrate it in some way there.

Yeah, boyfriend's family do the tree, but that's about it. I imagine its different for Christian families though.

Not really, most Christians seem to just go to the church and pray, there isn't really much of the whole Santa Claus/Christmas songs/present exchanging stuff here. I'm jealous of you guys, there aren't any real equivalents here.

Yeah the modern Christmas is a product of consumerism and all that but it still seems to be pretty nice.

leadbelly

Banned
Not really, most Christians seem to just go to the church and pray, there isn't really much of the whole Santa Claus/Christmas songs/present exchanging stuff here. I'm jealous of you guys, there aren't any real equivalents here.

Yeah the modern Christmas is a product of consumerism and all that but it still seems to be pretty nice.

Okay yeah. I did read also that it is more of a religious holiday in Korea.

Ezalc

Warm Christmas is the best thing on the planet. I'd much rather be at some beach during Christmas/New Years then having to duck inside due to the ungodly cold.

Snow is overrated.

Amen to that. Fuck the snow, it's only pretty during the first fall after that it's awful.

Acid08

Banned
Winter=rain here, which I'm fine with. Gonna go back east for new years so I'll get to see some snow finally.

Sounds like a super great and romantic idea to have Christmas with your boyfriend! Do some convincing :)

Oh I may go and watch that myself. I think it hits cinemas on 14th December here..

14th in the US, pretty excited for it although my expectations aren't very high. Way more excited for Django Unchained on Christmas day.

Top Bottom