• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

leadbelly

Banned
Fucking Anitchamber!

I was playing it for an hour or so and decided I had enough for the night. So I press escape which brings you back to the anitchamber and realised I cant get out of the game (lol), Okay I get it, everything is a puzzle, but figuring out how the fuck to get out of the game is not a game I want to play. I just had to Alt/Tab out of the game and quit it that way. :/

E£dit: I didn't read it properly. You have to press and HOLD escape. If you just press it it takes you back to the antichamber. You have to hold escape for it to quit.

.la1n

You do remember that I'm in DC, right?

Apparently not hot enough.

I do remember :) I wasn't in DC for very long and I was gone before you were probably even off work. Spent most of my time in New Hampshire (boring as hell, manchester) and Philly. I will be sure to let you know if I'm in that area for any extended period of time, rest assured ;P

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fucking Anitchamber!

I was playing it for an hour or so and decided I had enough for the night. So I press escape which brings you back to the anitchamber and realised I cant get out of the game (lol), Okay I get it, everything is a puzzle, but figuring out how the fuck to get out of the game is not a game I want to play. I just had to Alt/Tab out of the game and quit it that way. :/

E£dit: I didn't read it properly. You have to press and HOLD escape. If you just press it it takes you back to the antichamber. You have to hold escape for it to quit.
You have learned your first lesson of antichamber.

I find it a bit much as well. some of the best design moments I "accidented" upon which was a little unfortunate. but certainly a mind-bender.

Davedough

I do remember :) I wasn't in DC for very long and I was gone before you were probably even off work. Spent most of my time in New Hampshire (boring as hell, manchester) and Philly. I will be sure to let you know if I'm in that area for any extended period of time, rest assured ;P

I will hold you to that. If I find that I've been snubbed.... there will be blood.

How hot is it RNH? It's currently 6c with a max of 10c and raining here. I'm loving it

I am jelly.

It wasn't so much the day though, despite it still being stupid hot. It was more the Dinosaur Pile-Up gig I went to in which there were far too many people packed into a small room dancing and headbanging and shit. I mean, I've been to sweaty gigs before but fucking hell this was hot. I don't think any part of my tshirt was dry by the end of the night.

I also got the last remaining copy of their first album on vinyl :D

leadbelly

Banned
You have learned your first lesson of antichamber.

I find it a bit much as well. some of the best design moments I "accidented" upon which was a little unfortunate. but certainly a mind-bender.

Yeah, me too. A lot of the time you seem to stumble upon the next room by accident rather than solve the puzzle, Some rooms are kind of like that by design though. It can be a bit disorientating at times.

Just got back from Aus PAX dudes :D Much fun was had, and many gaffers were met.

Why is there not a PAX UK? We have the Eurogamer Expo (I think in September) a friend of mine wants me to go

Oh yeah, didn't it hit 30 degrees in the UK? You poor, poor souls :p

That glorious sunshine has been replaced by thunder and rain. So much rain!
When it touches your face it is like liquid heaven. Like Cherubin shooting my face with divine water pistols.

leadbelly

Banned
I really like Australian accents. You should embrace your inner bogan. Wear some bright pink leggings to get yourself in the mood.

Don't ask me how I came to this video, I'm not sure myself, but my head is full of fuck right now. I was like, "what has she got to say?". Nothing could prepare me for what came out of her mouth though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Vij4LsVO4

leadbelly

Banned
H&A or neighbours... the two kind of blurred together in my head.

Yeah. I haven't watched them in a long time, but I used to when i was kid. I still know the theme songs.

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours...

and...

Closer each day, home and away...

Actually, that's kind of all I remember of both. I mumble all the rest,

Mmm mmm mmm mmm, closer each daaaaaaaay, home and awaaay.

Yeah. I haven't watched them in a long time, but I used to when i was kid. I still know the theme songs.

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours...

and...

Closer each day, home and away...

Actually, that's kind of all I remember of both. I mumble all the rest,

Mmm mmm mmm mmm, closer each daaaaaaaay, home and awaaay.
Had no idea what H&A was until you wrote the theme tune, I feel bad. Also I don't know what the theme tune is.

Also, once I got H&A and Home Alone confused, and we were going to watch Home Alone but got in confused and called my parents when H&A was starting. THAT WAS EMBARRASING.

It was rather enjoyable. Predictable but enjoyable.
I find people claiming it was too cheesy to be funny. It was obviously going to be cheesy, it was a love letter to Japan, anime and nerds everywhere.

zU98i8N.png

:p

leadbelly

Banned
Had no idea what H&A was until you wrote the theme tune, I feel bad. Also I don't know what the theme tune is.

Also, once I got H&A and Home Alone confused, and we were going to watch Home Alone but got in confused and called my parents when H&A was starting. THAT WAS EMBARRASING.

You've missed out. Home & Away is the pinnacle of daytime soap opera. It is like the true potential of television was never realised until that point. Maybe it was the very reason television was created in the first place. It was influenced by divine providence in preparation for that great and splendid day when Home & Away would grace our screen.

That's freezing. Grab a blanket.

Well, he wrote that at 4am in the morning. A lot of humid air that gets trapped and doesn't really go anywhere in British houses.

You've missed out. Home & Away is the pinnacle of daytime soap opera. It is like the true potential of television was never realised until that point. Maybe it was the very reason television was created in the first place. It was influenced by divine providence in preparation for that great and splendid day when Home & Away would grace our screen.

I had no idea our crappy shows aired in the UK... that gives me this weird glow of pride actually.

Also it's prime time here :p Neighbours is 6:30pm, Home and Away is at 7pm.

What the.... aren't you guys in SUMMER?! It's winter here and basically the same.

BQ1POqR.png

Hot months are August and September, though. Though our winter is probably like yours.

I also live just by the coast so we get that cool fog in the morning.
We call it June Gloom

FFRwKgA.jpg

There needs to be a Luther/Sherlock crossover.

leadbelly

Banned
I had no idea our crappy shows aired in the UK... that gives me this weird glow of pride actually.

Also it's prime time here :p Neighbours is 6:30pm, Home and Away is at 7pm.

What the.... aren't you guys in SUMMER?! It's winter here and basically the same.

Yeah. They've aired for many years. I think they air in the evening in the UK too actually. Been so long since I've watched either one I don't really know what time they air now.

You should come here one winter. See what a proper winter is like. You Aussies and your fake winters. :p

Top Bottom