• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Gaf Community |OT2| Sponsored by Leadbelly the Impaler

Davedough

Yup! It'll probably be terrible like most things Deadpool!

The current ongoing is pretty good and he's great in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

You're a comic guy... if I wanted to jump into Deadpool, where's a good place? I've recently been toying around with comics and want some good ones but don't want to waste my time.

I also thought about his doppelganger, Deathstroke.

.la1n

Just read the new run of Hawkeye instead.

Is the best.

Deadpool's current run is a fine place to start, it's my favorite run with him outside of deadpool & cable (which I also enjoyed.) I have to admit that Hawkeye may need to take precedence because his current run is phenomenal.

Davedough

Really? Hawkeye?

I've always counted him as a second class superhero. What's so phenomenal about him? I don't doubt you guys, but I've never been on board the Hawkeye train.

Fun Fact: I prefer darker, more twisted stories. Hellblazer, Preacher... those sort of things.

Acid08

Banned
Really? Hawkeye?

I've always counted him as a second class superhero. What's so phenomenal about him? I don't doubt you guys, but I've never been on board the Hawkeye train.

Fun Fact: I prefer darker, more twisted stories. Hellblazer, Preacher... those sort of things.

The current Hawkeye series is about what an Avenger does when they aren't being an Avenger. More of the relatable, down to earth stuff that comes with being a superhero with no superpowers. Here's the first trade.

As far as Deadpool goes, just go for the current run. Here's the first trade.

Darker, more violent stuff? I liked The Strange Talent of Luther Strode. And if you like Ennis and haven't read The Boys then get on it NOW.

Really? Hawkeye?

hawkblocking.jpg

Ages is not an option until after I finish Seasons.

And yeah it's really fucking weird that you don't really like LttP.

Well then Seasons.

Also I'm a bad Nintendo fanboy :C

I think the only series of theirs where I don't prefer the 3D iterations is Metroid. And this does include Donkey Kong, because fuck you, I was 8.

...christ, I was 8 when DK64 came out? Wow.

leadbelly

Banned
Well, the news that Microsoft has done a complete U-turn on their DRM and used games policy is killing GAF it seems. lol

It's certainly good news, but Microsoft would have to do a lot for me to reconsider buying one. I may take another look at it in a few years if there are some good exclusives and a price drop. At this moment I am content with just getting a PS4 though.

.la1n

Well, the news that Microsoft has done a complete U-turn on their DRM and used games policy is killing GAF it seems. lol

It's certainly good news, but Microsoft would have to do a lot for me to reconsider buying one. I may take another look at it in a few years if there are some good exclusives and a price drop. At this moment I am content with just getting a PS4 though.

I noticed GAF went down the same time the news went up on Microsoft's site, lol.

Davedough

I think the name Xbox One-80 is about the most hilarious thing about the entire Microsoft debacle.

I will say though... good on them for recognizing that consumers were pissed and actually changing their policies. I know its all in the interest of money, but its still a good gesture for actually doing something about it instead of forcing the consumer to abide by their backwards ways.

Chuckie

Any Demon's Souls veterans here? I am in Stonefang, but those flamethrowing fuckers are hard to kill. Hell even those slow mining zombies don't go down fast enough.

What am I doing wrong? Can't be that I am underpowered right? It's almost the beginning of the game. Damn this is hard :p

ZeroRay

Any Demon's Souls veterans here? I am in Stonefang, but those flamethrowing fuckers are hard to kill. Hell even those slow mining zombies don't go down fast enough.

What am I doing wrong? Can't be that I am underpowered right? It's almost the beginning of the game. Damn this is hard :p

Use magic or piercing weapons against miners. Get more powerful/better skillz against the fat ministers.

leadbelly

Banned
I noticed GAF went down the same time the news went up on Microsoft's site, lol.

Yeah. The moment big news breaks, everyone scrambles to GAF to speak about it. lol

I think the name Xbox One-80 is about the most hilarious thing about the entire Microsoft debacle.

I will say though... good on them for recognizing that consumers were pissed and actually changing their policies. I know its all in the interest of money, but its still a good gesture for actually doing something about it instead of forcing the consumer to abide by their backwards ways.

Yeah. Considering their whole system was designed around these policies, there must have been a good reason for them to drop it completely. I guess the console can no longer work the way they originally intended which would mean all the time and money spent designing it was for nothing. The PS4 is $100 cheaper and the more powerful console, perhaps they felt keeping those policies no longer made sense. It would only hinder their chances of winning this generation. Maybe preorder numbers had something to do with it.

Pau

Picross has consumed my life.

I've got Picross e, Picross DS, and Logic Square for my phone.

Please send help.

Acid08

Banned
Loving the general look and 3D in Fire Emblem.

I picked Speed as my skill and Luck as my flaw.

Gah why are everyone's feet so small it's weirding me out.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

The feet were cut to save space when they didn't know how much space they'd be working with on the 3DS.

I am not even kidding.

leadbelly

Banned
This new look and feel to GAF makes me have to poop.

I think its something you'll get used to. It seems weird at first because you're so used to how it originally looked.

To be honest, the previous design wasn't all that great. It needed a new look. I think this is a good foundation now that can be tweaked and improved upon over the coming years.

.la1n

You went with Fire Emblem over Zelda, good call my friend, you will enjoy it.

The feet were cut to save space when they didn't know how much space they'd be working with on the 3DS.

I am not even kidding.

Really? That's hilarious...and sad.

I finished The Last of Us this past Friday, one of the only games I have actually managed to play to completion this year. Playing through Ninja Gaiden 3 vanilla at the moment...wow it really is a piece of shit, don't know what I expected.

Davedough

I think its something you'll get used to. It seems weird at first because you're so used to how it originally looked.

To be honest, the previous design wasn't all that great. It needed a new look. I think this is a good foundation now that can be tweaked and improved upon over the coming years.

Its too big and looks too Windows 8 to me. I'm not a fan, but I'll get over it.

Top Bottom