• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REANIMAL - reveal trailer | Gamescom 2024

Bartski

Gold Member
3KpG7u1.jpeg

no thread for this yet? IMO game of the show

Press release:

The original creators of Little Nightmares and Little Nightmares II have returned to take you on a more terrifying journey than ever before. In this cooperative horror adventure game, you play as a brother and sister who go through hell to rescue their missing friends. Exploring by boat and on land, you must use your wits to survive, work together to escape the hellish island, and the dark secret that haunts you.

Key Features

• Horror With Hope – In this unsettling tale, the emphasis is on tension and thick atmosphere, as you join the two orphans on a desperate search for hope and redemption in the direst of circumstances.
  • Across a Dark and Twisted World – Traverse an intriguing but terrifying world, where the main path is only one part of the fragmented story. Discover all sorts of mysterious locations on your perilous journey, each with its own story to tell.
  • A Dread-Filled Adventure – Tarsier Studios is bringing their unique visual style to bear on a whole host of new twisted monsters and broken, yet resilient, child characters. Fragments of the children’s troubled past have been used as inspiration for their character design, and for the monsters that now torment them.
  • Share the Scare – Nobody should be forced to go through hell alone! Fully playable in single player and local and online cooperative play, REANIMAL has a shared, directed camera, designed to maximize claustrophobia and tension.
IrIYph1.jpeg
WxGpmZn.jpeg
G2LlaWw.jpeg
atYLfyU.jpeg
HbyEAuu.jpeg
ULcy2jN.jpeg
OCa0XV9.jpeg
fA2XpZy.jpeg
qaS4U4u.jpeg
mvPZqvg.jpeg
NUWTwX1.jpeg
iIVMfZ4.jpeg
jjxjqNd.jpeg

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
interesting as it seems to be based on a concept way too similar to little nightmares 3 for this to be a coincidence

Bartski

Gold Member
Shockingly enough I just played a demo, did not expect that from a game announced yesterday. 15-20 minite long sequence traversing a level trying to escape this grotesque multilimb furry monster that gives birth to hostile child like creatures, kinda like the ones you control. Also, you can pet that giant pig. I guess a theme here will be monsters merging with animals akin to the thing, creating those giant enemy abominations but to early to tell. I loved it. There is a booth with Little Nightmares 3 as well, will go check it out tomorrow to see how it really compares

near

Gold Member
Shockingly enough I just played a demo, did not expect that from a game announced yesterday. 15-20 minite long sequence traversing a level trying to escape this grotesque multilimb furry monster that gives birth to hostile child like creatures, kinda like the ones you control. Also, you can pet that giant pig. I guess a theme here will be monsters merging with animals akin to the thing, creating those giant enemy abominations but to early to tell. I loved it. There is a booth with Little Nightmares 3 as well, will go check it out tomorrow to see how it really compares
How was the level design? Any puzzles?

Also if you get the opportunity can you find Niraya of ■■ and give that a go, curious to know if it's any good.

Bartski

Gold Member
How was the level design? Any puzzles?

Also if you get the opportunity can you find Niraya of ■■ and give that a go, curious to know if it's any good.
This part was 100% linear, no puzzles. Picking up items smashing a window with a brick, picking up a key opening a hatch… most of it was a chase sequence with some hiding so it plays 100% like little nightmares, I can already tell its way more fun in co op with player agency on both sides. I haven’t seen Niraya, the expo is gigantic bit I’ll keep an eye out tomorrow

StueyDuck

Gotta be linked to little nightmares right, like same universe or something?

Like some of those characters look ripped straight from it.

Arachnid

Little Nightmares 2 was a god tier horror game so I'm excited for this. Kind if disappointed at the weird animal theme though.

Gotta be linked to little nightmares right, like same universe or something?

Like some of those characters look ripped straight from it.
It's by the same creators of the first two games. The new little nightmares is made by a different universe. Think of this as a spiritual successor

near

Gold Member
This part was 100% linear, no puzzles. Picking up items smashing a window with a brick, picking up a key opening a hatch… most of it was a chase sequence with some hiding so it plays 100% like little nightmares, I can already tell its way more fun in co op with player agency on both sides. I haven’t seen Niraya, the expo is gigantic bit I’ll keep an eye out tomorrow
Cool, thanks for sharing your impressions!

Yea, Niraya might be hard to find, probably tucked away in a little corner somewhere lol, but if you end up finding it tag me with some impressions I’d love to know what you think of it.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Little Nightmares 2 was a god tier horror game so I'm excited for this. Kind if disappointed at the weird animal theme though.

It's by the same creators of the first two games. The new little nightmares is made by a different universe. Think of this as a spiritual successor

God tier? Cmn now. I didn't find it much better than the first.

Bartski

Gold Member
The monster you're chased by in the demo is the one in the trailer at 0:32, but then 1:01 it;s as if it's grown a goat's head? I personally love the theme, feels fresher than a lot of monster designs of recent

Shin-Ra

I hope the controls feel more responsive than LN1&2. While I enjoyed the games overall, the mixture of distant camera, slow character movement even when running, but especially when dragging something, made them frustrating to play.

Arachnid

God tier? Cmn now. I didn't find it much better than the first.
I loved the first, but the second was a lot better. Not many horror games stick the ending that hard. Other than it, SOMA and SH2 come to mind.

It had a solid amount of horror and existential dread. I also thought It did a great job with visual storytelling and relayed so much without any dialogue.

The monster you're chased by in the demo is the one in the trailer at 0:32, but then 1:01 it;s as if it's grown a goat's head? I personally love the theme, feels fresher than a lot of monster designs of recent
I'm open to it for sure. LN2 won them a ton of good will with me, so I'm hyped regardless. I just don't find wild animals super scary. Hopefully there is more of an alien lovecraftian backdrop to it like you say.

Last edited:
Top Bottom