• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

JRW

Now the big question is (for those of us that own both consoles), Which version to buy? PS3 or 360.

Mik2121

The wait for Play-Asia to send this game to me is horrible... :( This is one of the not-so-cool things of living in Asia.. you either import many of the western titles, or you get them months later :( (at least with games like GTA and this.. though other games like MW2 get pretty much world-wide releases..).

Anyway, yeah.. waiting for them to change the stock status to available and have the release date show up today or tomorrow, and send it to me ASAP :)

JRW said:
Now the big question is (for those of us that own both consoles), Which version to buy? PS3 or 360.
The one for which you have more friends available that can play this game with you.

Alex said:
You guys always get so worked up. There's only a couple of games between these consoles that have any real differences, especially nowadays. A handful of lines of reso, a little baby bit of AA, some back and forth from image processing, do you really care that much? Half of you can't actually tell the difference.

If you're multi console, get it for 360, just be safe about it and spend your time better, if you've only got a PS3 (like me!) deal with the fact that you'll normally be getting a couple of little frayed edges in most cases. Boo hoo.

I got to say think some of you would shit your pants if you saw a couple of PC games rocking 1080p with 16xAA/AF/Transparency Supersampling. Although people sure like to act like that's what's at stake here!

Holy shit that was a waste of time, no one listens to logic.

Zeliard

Alex said:
You guys always get so worked up. There's only a couple of games between these consoles that have any real differences, especially nowadays. A handful of lines of reso, a little baby bit of AA, some back and forth from image processing, do you really care that much? Half of you can't actually tell the difference.

If you're multi console, get it for 360, just be safe about it and spend your time better, if you've only got a PS3 (like me!) deal with the fact that you'll normally be getting a couple of little frayed edges in most cases. Boo hoo.

I got to say think some of you would shit your pants if you saw a couple of PC games rocking 1080p with 16xAA/AF/Transparency Supersampling. Although people sure like to act like that's what's at stake here!

It is cute watching people fight for what's inevitably second-place. ;)

Barrett2

Gonna stop thinking about the game for tonight, head to the gym, do other things. Tomorrow morning Red Dead and Alan Wake shall me MINE!

sdornan

The biggest question for me is: should I go buy a copy at Wal-Mart at midnight tonight then return my Amazon copy to Wal-Mart which won't be delivered until tomorrow?

sdornan said:
The biggest question for me is: should I go buy a copy at Wal-Mart at midnight tonight then return my Amazon copy to Wal-Mart which won't be delivered until tomorrow?

If I didn't have to wake up at 6 am and be productive I would be all over the midnight release.

Mik2121

sdornan said:
Get some other friend that's getting the game as well and head over the midnight release :)

Then just return the Amazon copy (or cancel it now if you can), and that's it.

wizword

Banned
There is exclusive content on ps3. I want to know which one to buy. Is it completely necessary to basically create another topic and ultimately make this out fucking worse than it was previously because people wanted to talk about which version (ps3 or xbox 360) has better graphics. If xbox 360 has better graphics I am going to buy that version. Otherwise playstation 3 version.

JRW

Jtyettis said:
:lol

Head on over to the the circus of fun (the other thread).

Oops didn't mean to start anything here and I just found the thread you're referring to, Thanks :D

Mik2121

wizword said:
There is exclusive content on ps3. I want to know which one to buy. Is it completely necessary to basically create another topic and ultimately make this out fucking worse than it was previously because people wanted to talk about which version (ps3 or xbox 360) has better graphics. If xbox 360 has better graphics I am going to buy that version. Otherwise playstation 3 version.
They both are practically the same. Just choose whichever you have more friends available at.

The PS3 exclusive content is a hideout gang and a costume. Nothing deal-breaking, but a nice detail nevertheless.

wizword said:

What did you just say there?

EDIT - Mik has the decoder ring I guess

FrankT

wizword said:

I guess the other thread would be the proper place to find out then. Until the real pixel counters get some decent screens to check your probably not going to have a verdict on resolution until then. DF said they will not be able to get to it until retail release. But the other thread is going to be your best bet.

wizword said:

BULL.png

EDIT: But in all seriousness, go with Alex's advice..

OMFG!

The General Store clerk in Armadillo is HARDCORE Anti-Semitic. No I'm not kidding. It's hilarious.

The first thing he says is "You wont find a single made by the Jews here" and "I heard that so and so was a hired killer for the Jews."

Has anyone else heard this????

kaskade

sdornan said:
I did this once. I didn't have the release date shipping so it was like an extra day but 10 bucks cheaper on amazon.

imtehman

Banned
lawblob said:
Gonna stop thinking about the game for tonight, head to the gym, do other things. Tomorrow morning Red Dead and Alan Wake shall me MINE!

same here, RDR during the day and alan wake at night can't wait!

Dude Abides

Banned
wizword said:

And yet no amount of complaining will undo what has been done.

wizword said:
Pretty easy to read. I didn't bother writing that well but, you don't have to be a dick.

Being a dick would have been if I called you names or something, I asked what you said. Sorry about the decoder thing, I guess that can be seen as dickish.

EDIT - It got answered anyway I see.

Mik2121

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
spoilers ftw

We didn't hear this because the game has yet to be released, but now we know and won't enjoy it when we first hear it in-game. Thanks!!!!

(fucker...)

(just kidding :p)

I hate to quote myself, but I'm not letting this get lost in pixel counting.

That's immense. I don't know why but I always find brazen anti-semitism in things like Deadwood hilarious. It's just too dumb and you can't help but laugh. It's like tin-foil hat material.

wizword

Banned
zero margin said:
Being a dick would have been if I called you names or something, I asked what you said. Sorry about the decoder thing, I guess that can be seen as dickish.

EDIT - It got answered anyway I see.
It is fine. Anyway, I won't complain anymore because it is getting to the point where I am just whining but, I have one question. How long does it take on average to beat the game. 20 hours?

Chesskid1

Banned
JBuccCP said:
Just finished the game, well the story anyway. Lengthwise just under 20 hours with 71% of the game complete. I still have a few stranger missions to wrap up and have only found 1 treasure, that shit is hard. I'm not sure what else there is that would make up the extra 29%, maybe buying all the properties? As for the ending itself I'll wait til some others have finished. I will say make sure you have a non-auto save after the mission, "Spare the Love, Spoil the Child." Just trust me on that one.

if you didn't see the credits, you didn't beat the game, btw. i thought i beat it too but then there is an unmarked mission you have to beat to see credits. its actually a stranger mission that finishes up the game.

wizword said:
It is fine. Anyway, I won't complain anymore because it is getting to the point where I am just whining but, I have one question. How long does it take on average to beat the game. 20 hours?

Yeah after reading several reviews it sounds like just a bit under 20 if you fly through it.

BeeDog

I've seen screenshots of a bear and Marston holding a knife. So can you actually fight bears in close combat with your knife? If yes, it is a context-sensitive fight?

Mik2121

BeeDog said:
I've seen screenshots of a bear and Marston holding a knife. So can you actually fight bears in close combat with your knife? If yes, it is a context-sensitive fight?
You can fight a bear in the same way you can fight a person, or a coyote, or a cow or a chicken. It's just the bear will most likely destroy you and then eat your soul. Other than that, it works the same.

I couldn't help it. :lol
Hehehe, well.. supposedly there's a lot of stuff to discover around, so just one little detail getting spoiled isn't that much of a deal.

Has IGN Au's review been posted?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090143p1.html

9.8/10

10 Presentation
Every element, from the integration of treasure maps to the back-end menus and minimalist HUD, are spot-on.

10 Graphics
Gobsmacking artistry on all fronts; the kind of design that notes how genius rests in the details - and then crams it full of little touches. Superb in all respects.

10 Sound
Sound design doesn't get much better than this; from the ripple of canvas in the wind to top-tier voice work. The clever integration of 'scored' moments pushed this farther ahead.

9.5 Gameplay
Almost perfect; the depth of the offering here will surely astound, even if there are occasonal moments that fall back on cliches and old-world thinking.

10 Lasting Appeal
So much content; the raw story will take two dozen hours to get through, but it hurts to speculate on how long it might take to complete every element. Then there's the multiplayer. Sheesh.

Chesskid1 said:
if you didn't see the credits, you didn't beat the game, btw. i thought i beat it too but then there is an unmarked mission you have to beat to see credits. its actually a stranger mission that finishes up the game.

I don't know why but that sounds like the AWESOMEST THING EVER.

ROCKSTAR DOES IT AGAIN.

Filldough

Mik2121 said:
You can fight a bear in the same way you can fight a person, or a coyote, or a cow or a chicken. It's just the bear will most likely destroy you and then eat your soul. Other than that, it works the same.

Hehehe, well.. supposedly there's a lot of stuff to discover around, so just one little detail getting spoiled isn't that much of a deal.

Psh, jokes on the bear, I have no soul. Knife goes in, guts come out!

Top Bottom