• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Bizzyb

Banned
Neiteio said:
So I got this game and it's amazing!
Just enjoyed Seth's dance with the undead hooker, heavy woman, Moses and fiddler!
But I'd sure like to watch that cutscene again... Is there any way to replay missions in this game like in regular RDR? I went to Stats and I didn't see a Mission option...

Nope, I don't think they have a replay mission feature in this game.

I have mixed feelings on the Bigfoot.

On one hand, the cutscene with the Bigfoot crying and the whole "you eat babies" was hilarious, but on the other hand, that mission sucked. I was expecting something monumental, but these Bigfoot just run in circles...pretty anticlimactic

AkuMifune

Banned
betweenthewheels said:
I have mixed feelings on the Bigfoot.

On one hand, the cutscene with the Bigfoot crying and the whole "you eat babies" was hilarious, but on the other hand, that mission sucked. I was expecting something monumental, but these Bigfoot just run in circles...pretty anticlimactic

Yeah, it was more of a throwaway thing, but a nice twist at least.

While I was standing over him deciding whether or not to shoot him we got overrun by zombies and he was torn apart. Fitting end.

MikeOxbig

I loved RDR but hated Undead Nightmare. After shooting about 500 zombies in the head, I really had my fill of it. Every town was exactly the same. Clear out the zombies and then wait for them to reinvade. Clear them out again...ugh. Every one of the story missions was nothing more than a cutscene except for a few flower collecting missions...yippee...Wild Feverfews! No economy. No stranger missions. No nothing. Just cutscenes and shooting hundreds upon hundreds of zombies in the head. This DLC really ruined the good will earned by RDR. Leaves a bad taste in my month. Zombies are cool, but the idea that this is the best DLC ever is utterly insane.

AzBat

YoungHav said:
Do you need RDR in order to play this (downloded from the PSN store)?

Yes. The digital downloads(Xbox & PS3) require the full game. However, if you don't own the full game you can buy the stand-alone Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Collection disc at retail for both the PS3 or Xbox for $30. It includes all multiplayer free roam modes and all the DLC(Outlaws To the End Co-Op Mission Pack, Liars and Cheats Pack, Legends and Killers Pack) but no single player except for Undead Nightmare.

Roxas

Hey guys, this is a similar question to the one above but if i were to buy the Undead Nightmare Pack which is on the PSN store (includes Undead Nightmare, Liars and Cheats, Outlaws etc) and costs £15.99, would i require the original RDR disk to play?

AzBat

Roxas said:
Hey guys, this is a similar question to the one above but if i were to buy the Undead Nightmare Pack which is on the PSN store (includes Undead Nightmare, Liars and Cheats, Outlaws etc) and costs £15.99, would i require the original RDR disk to play?

Yes. The only version that does not require the original game is the Undead Nightmare Collection sold on disc.

as i said wrongly in the other thread...

still cant fucking find death horse after spending over 4 hours or just riding around.. -_- got all horses but that one (had death on ending but didnt get horse #3 yet)

really annoying.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Anyone else have this problem?

When I select Undead Nightmare from the main menu of RDR, it goes to the loading screen for about 4 seconds before it sends me back to the 360 Dash.

brentech

Shit, I started and don't really know how far in I am, but since getting GT5 I haven't made room for RDR-UN yet. Really want to get to it as I figure there will probably be some good story to the end of it. Haven't looked it up and don't plan to, just want to see for myself.

RelentlessRolento said:
as i said wrongly in the other thread...

still cant fucking find death horse after spending over 4 hours or just riding around.. -_- got all horses but that one (had death on ending but didnt get horse #3 yet)

really annoying.

You mean Pestilence? He's in West Elizabeth. Death you get way later. I found War near Armadillo or thereabouts. Famine I found in Mexico, but lost track of.

My personal fave is War.

Also, you can't get the
Unicorn until you kill the Chupacabra

Looking at the text that appears right when you get up as John, is there something else to do afterwards?

Drewsky

Neuromancer said:
Quick question: do you start off with all the clothes and stuff you had in the main game? Or is it completely separate? Thanks.
I think you do start off with the outfits you had in the game. Because I started off with the duster, rancher outfit, and mexican shaul, and I'm pretty sure that's all I had in the main game.

Could be wrong though, I've only had the DLC for a couple days.

Drewsky said:
I think you do start off with the outfits you had in the game. Because I started off with the duster, rancher outfit, and mexican shaul, and I'm pretty sure that's all I had in the main game.

Could be wrong though, I've only had the DLC for a couple days.
If that's true I'll definitely pick it up, since it's on the cheap today... Can anyone confirm this?

Drewsky

Neuromancer said:
If that's true I'll definitely pick it up, since it's on the cheap today... Can anyone confirm this?
Whats the deal on it today? If it's cheap on Marketplace I'll be pissed since I literally bought it two nights ago on a whim. :lol

Drewsky said:
Whats the deal on it today? If it's cheap on Marketplace I'll be pissed since I literally bought it two nights ago on a whim. :lol
That stinks... Yeah it's 600 points today instead of 800. It's part of their countdown to New Year's Eve deal.

GameFAQs guy said:
No, you start with the poncho, duster, cowboy outfit and the long underwear. You can then earn 3 others throughout the game, but that's it. As for the weapons, eventually you'll gain access to most of them.
Well shit

Epix

Playing RDR and enjoying it (PS3). Is this DLC worthy of my $10? Are there any deals going on to pick this up for cheaper?

cresto

Question: I got both red dead redemption and the undead nightmare standalone disc for the 360 for xmas. I want to be able to access the undead nightmare and expansion packs through the RDR disc, does anyone know how to do this or if it is even possible? I'd hate to have to swap out discs to enjoy the dlc :/

Hey You

ergo said:
Question: I got both red dead redemption and the undead nightmare standalone disc for the 360 for xmas. I want to be able to access the undead nightmare and expansion packs through the RDR disc, does anyone know how to do this or if it is even possible? I'd hate to have to swap out discs to enjoy the dlc :/
You'll have to swap the discs.

Drewsky

ergo said:
Thats just stupid
And what's the big deal? Just beat the regular single player first then move on to Undead Nightmare. I don't think it's really that much of a problem, they work as two separate games anyway.

mokeyjoe

Drewsky said:
And what's the big deal? Just beat the regular single player first then move on to Undead Nightmare. I don't think it's really that much of a problem, they work as two separate games anyway.

Might be a bit annoying for the multiplayer stuff though.

If it was me I'd trade in the unopened UN disc and download the pack off XBLA.

heringer

So, is this worth $30?

Is the single-player meaty enough? I know it's not 15+ hours, but if it's at least around 8 hours long I might buy it.

qwerty2k

heringer said:
So, is this worth $30?

Is the single-player meaty enough? I know it's not 15+ hours, but if it's at least around 8 hours long I might buy it.

took me 32 hours to complete the single player game, i did most if not all side missions but didn't do much gambling, wanted posters etc, loved the game well worth $30.

qwerty2k said:
took me 32 hours to complete the single player game, i did most if not all side missions but didn't do much gambling, wanted posters etc, loved the game well worth $30.

I think he was talking about the standalone Undead Nightmare disc. Vanilla RDR is much much better than Undead Redemption but shooting zombies is still kinda fun. Anything other than headshots are worthless though which gets kinda old.

Ledsen

heringer said:
So, is this worth $30?

What? We're talking jrpg-like length here... took me ~30-40 hours.

edit: Oh, UN? In that case, I haven't finished it yet.

eXistor

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Undead Nightmare. I wasn't gonna play it (I really, really had enough of RDR) but I was able to get the disc version very cheaply, so I was like "what the hell". I gave it a random shot one day and found myself hooked. The missions by themselves are pretty bad, but the whole atmosphere is very well done and the cutscenes (something I rarely give a fuck about) are very well done and funny (like they were in RDR really, only much funnier).

The new weapons are a blast and the new horses
the Unicorn especially
are a cool addition. It was the right length too, I got up to about 75% completion before tedium set in and I was done in about 8 hours. No way am I gonna do those boring-ass missing person missions though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ledsen said:
What? We're talking jrpg-like length here... took me ~30-40 hours.

edit: Oh, UN? In that case, I haven't finished it yet.

Well, this is the Undead Nightmare thread, after all. ;)

This DLC is pretty good so far, but I just ran into what appears to be a game-breaking bug around the same place other people have seen freezing issues.

On the
second part of the Mother Superior Blues
mission, where you have to cleanse the
Sepulcro
graveyard, the "named" zombie that is supposed to appear (and that you have to kill to complete the cleansing) after burning all of the caskets never appears. I burn all of the caskets, start killing zombies, run around the graveyard, and nothing happens. I sat there killing zombies for 10-15 minutes multiple times after burning all of the caskets, and they just keep coming.

I've seen similar issues posted on other forums, but no solutions. I've already tried resetting my 360 and starting that mission over. I've tried doing a Stranger mission and coming back to this one and the same thing happens. I've fast-traveled back and forth between towns. I can't think of anything else to do.

If I have to clear my save and start over, I'm done with this game. That quest is mandatory, and no other main quests are available so I'm screwed.

Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Is there a 'point of no return' in this game, similar to in RDR? i.e.,
John dying and having to play as Jack for the rest of the end-game.

Thanks. I just don't want to get caught unawares next time and I certainly can't trust Rockstar to give any kind of warning or make a mercy save for me.

soultron

Banned
Just finished this tonight. Awesome reason to put RDR back in my 360.

Reminded me how much I love the environments. It can be a little emotionally exhausting at times since you really don't see anyone else living except for when you're clearing out a town or run into a world event involving a living person.

Just need to 100% it and I'll be done with it. Really enjoyed it.

Neuromancer said:
Is there a 'point of no return' in this game, similar to in RDR? i.e.,
John dying and having to play as Jack for the rest of the end-game.

Thanks. I just don't want to get caught unawares next time and I certainly can't trust Rockstar to give any kind of warning or make a mercy save for me.

Yes, there's a "point of no return" indeed after the last mission, but I think you'll actually like it VERY VERY much......so no need to hold back

soultron

Banned
StevePharma said:
Yes, there's a "point of no return" indeed after the last mission, but I think you'll actually like it VERY VERY much......so no need to hold back
When an "R" shows up on your map, save your game at the nearest town.

Like StevePharma said, the point of no return is actually very cool, so don't worry too much.

StevePharma said:
I preferred playing as living Marston, though. Though it's funny to hear people talk shit about zombies, and not give a crap when zombie Marston is standing next to them.

RelentlessRolento said:
still cant find death -_-
Don't you get it
when you finish the main storyline, too?

soultron

Banned
I need to get the OST for this game. Another great sound track by the RDR guys. I really liked how they used stuff like synthesizers and theremins this time around -- suited the whole B-movie zombie vibe really well. The rockabilly-ish songs with lyrics in them were very fitting as well.

I've checked the OST on YT, but is there any way to get the "mission complete/town safe" sound? I'd love to have that as my sms alert on my phone. Haha.

just got this game and have done one mission, not sure what I'm supposed to do next as there are no indicators on the map...is my game glitched?

This is my map
2zqr9yq.jpg

BeeDog

My guess is you talked to that old travelling salesman guy, right? Means you have to pick flowers (Desert Sages in the western parts of the map), 5 of them. After that, his next mission should unlock.

spidye

guys I think I've done fucked up.
I accidentally killed my horse
which is one of the special horses
while killing a
sasquatch
and then my game autosaved. can I get the horse back somehow? do I have to break it again or is it gone for good.

spidye said:
guys I think I've done fucked up.
I accidentally killed my horse
which is one of the special horses
while killing a
sasquatch
and then my game autosaved. can I get the horse back somehow? do I have to break it again or is it gone for good.
Pretty sure it's gone for good until you obtain the deed for it.

Ledsen

spidye said:
oh, thanks. so you don't have to break them? you can buy deeds and that's it?

You get a deed for all four horses after finding them all, I'm told. You may have to finish the game as well.

Top Bottom