• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Nelo Ice

Banned
are there any differences between the retail and dlc?

just curious since i swear i read somewhere that the dlc would only have the explosive rifle and tomahawk imported or something along those liens

if so i think i'll just go ahead and dl the collection instead of waiting for the disc release

DrBo42

Has anyone hog-tied survivors, thrown them on a horse, the rode off into infected lands? You put them down on the ground and then throw some undead bait at them. Watch in horror at what unfolds.

Dubbedinenglish said:
Did you sit down at the camp?

THAT'S NOT PORK!!
I sat down for a bit. John was eating the meat while the guy was talking. Listened to the guy for a while, then I noticed a nearby ammo chest. I opened it to get some items and the first Treasure Map, but he opened fire, so I had to shoot him.

I'm loving it so far!!! It's an awesome add-on to an already awesome game!!! :D

Run into a really weird glitch the other day though, during a cut scene with
West-Dickens
he became really low-res and his model looked like something that came out of a N64 3D game, while everything still had high res textures and looked fine, he looked like a polygonal scarecrow with no eyes.:lol

Still, no doctors with their heads spinning around Exorcist style in the opening scene though :p

Finished the main story, took about six hours. Fantastic work as usual by Rockstar, but I was kind of bummed by
the abrupt ending. No big revelation or battle, it's pretty matter of fact. "Yeah, Reyes took this mask off the altar, put it back on, wouldja?" I guess I expected something a lot more grandiose coming from Rockstar.

Other than that, great expansion. Made me wish there were two expansions like GTA4 had instead of just one.

dwin45

Can somebody tell me where to get the sniper rifle? I have a bunch of sniper ammo but no gun to use it in. I just finished the mission where
Dickens gives you the Blunderbuss.

commercial for Undead Nightmare during NFL games in the US. Good on Take 2 thats very expensive advertising for DLC.

Edit how often does DLC get its own tv commercial advertising?

todahawk

AzBat said:
Played Undead Overrun with 3 other people & we got to Wave 30! I'm sure it keeps going but what's the highest that everybody has seen?
Fuckin' A, me and Reckless got to level 18 with two randoms and I thought we did good.

Hey You

criesofthepast said:
I ran into a very traumatic glitch after doing a mission for Mother Superior.

I hog-tied her by accident after one of the missions (your not supposed to be able to hog-tie/kill allies). And for some reason you can't cut people loose like in the main game once you hog-tie them. So I just dragged her over to a fire-pit and left her there. She wouldn't die. She just kept screaming uncontrollably forever and burning alive. It even felt like her screams were getting weaker at one point and I looked around to see if anyone was watching and then ended her misery with about 7 shotgun shots to the face because she just would not die. Then she re-spawned later on somehow when I went back to finish her missions. lol.
LOL!

After she asks me to get her a live Zombie, I go over to the M on the map thinking thats where it is and I lassoed her and hogtied her. I realized what I did but I couldn't untie her.:lol

Neiteio

Without spoiling me (I'm waiting until late November for the disk release), could somebody tell me if you're still able to traverse a zombie-infested world after the main campaign is completed? I don't know if you end up "curing" the zombie plague and everything goes back to normal, in which case replaying your file in Undead Nightmare after beating the story would be... Well, less zombie-filled. How does it work? Again, no spoilers please...

abundant

Neiteio said:
Without spoiling me (I'm waiting until late November for the disk release), could somebody tell me if you're still able to traverse a zombie-infested world after the main campaign is completed? I don't know if you end up "curing" the zombie plague and everything goes back to normal, in which case replaying your file in Undead Nightmare after beating the story would be... Well, less zombie-filled. How does it work? Again, no spoilers please...

Yes, the world is still zombified after you beat the DLC.

Neiteio

abundant said:
Yes, the world is still zombified after you beat the DLC.
That's great! (And I'm now curious to see how the story is handled, and whether the zombie plague is resolved and whether there's a post-game.)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:
Fuckin' A, me and Reckless got to level 18 with two randoms and I thought we did good.

I switched up my targeting from expert to normal for the last game we played and it was much easier... I died accidentally doing something stupid, which sucked because I had a shitload of dynamite, bait, holy water.

:/

I know we could have done much better than level 18... the randoms we were playing with were good but they didn't use their bait/dynamite when the timer was low! If we all used that stuff when time was low, we probably would've made it through a few more levels. I should have tried normal targeting while playing with them.

Edit: I think I'm the only one who complained about this... but they fixed that thing where the game auto-holsters your weapon all the time. So happy about that. :)

Got cheated on another one of the ponies, it was Famine. started wrangling him in after using the lasso and a zombie wolf bit me. shook it off but then the game glitched, I was stuck in the wrangling mode but Famine ran off. Couldn't whistle for my horse, couldn't change weapons. Had to reload last checkpoint, bah!

AzBat

greenjerk said:

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. After wave 15 I kept thinking: I'm sure we will all die the next round. LOL

Anyone know if there is any special place to find the
Unicorn

Also War is the most badass of the 4 horses. Riding though the country with Cash's Ghost Riders playing is amazing. Simply amazing.

Hey You said:
LOL!

After she asks me to get her a live Zombie, I go over to the M on the map thinking thats where it is and I lassoed her and hogtied her. I realized what I did but I couldn't untie her.:lol
I did the exact same thing! :lol

They could have explained that better. I didn't even know what a live zombie was until I googled that mission.

Van Owen

Banned
This really is a nice sizable piece of DLC. Can't see myself doing all the challenge stuff though. I was sort of disappointed I couldn't carry my Legend of the West outfit over for new play-throughs after working all that time for it.

criesofthepast said:
I did the exact same thing! :lol

They could have explained that better. I didn't even know what a live zombie was until I googled that mission.
I'm guessing you haven't run into any of those side missions with the researchers looking for "live specimens"?

Plissken

Loving this so far, just made it to
Mexico
and have been liberating every town I come across. Sadly, as I was gunning down undead in the last town I visited, I accidentally shot my horse in the head (was riding
Famine
) and am now stuck with a crappy undead horse. Any way to get my previous horse back (or a live horse), or am I stuck until I find the next of the
4 Horsemen mounts
?

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I switched up my targeting from expert to normal for the last game we played and it was much easier... I died accidentally doing something stupid, which sucked because I had a shitload of dynamite, bait, holy water.

:/

I know we could have done much better than level 18... the randoms we were playing with were good but they didn't use their bait/dynamite when the timer was low! If we all used that stuff when time was low, we probably would've made it through a few more levels. I should have tried normal targeting while playing with them.

Edit: I think I'm the only one who complained about this... but they fixed that thing where the game auto-holsters your weapon all the time. So happy about that. :)

Yeah, the French duo was decent but the language barrier didn't help. One of them was getting pretty reckless with the dynamite.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Don't know what the deal was with the hording of the damn holy water, dynamite and bait. On Django, I wish I woulda had the long distance kit with the bolt action rifle. I sat up on that wagon and was doing decent with the Henry repeater. Woulda kicked some ass with the BAR.

You know, I did notice that they fixed that. I thought John looked different with the pistol out constantly. :lol

That was a lot of fun though.

blanky

I'm miffed =/ I have my dutch xbl account here in Rio (studying here for a while) and I have been able to buy stuff from Xbl without much trouble so far, except for Case Zero they take my points but wont offer me the download.

Now I buy the Undead addon, points deducted, download canceled. I try again, and it has forgotten I even bought the expansion but with my points deducted :( I really wanted to try this. anyone know if I can work around, legally of course, or if i should have just kept my points and wait till I get back home?

100% - 18 hours, 22 minutes, 28 seconds (This is without fast traveling. I never use it.)

Is there supposed to be
an additional mission when you're a zombie? I thought it was kind of strange that there weren't any credits, or anything like that.

EagleEyes

Is it just me or can I finally keep my weapon out at all times and be able to run with just the analog stick. Was this in the regular version of RDR?

Lothars

blanky said:
I'm miffed =/ I have my dutch xbl account here in Rio (studying here for a while) and I have been able to buy stuff from Xbl without much trouble so far, except for Case Zero they take my points but wont offer me the download.

Now I buy the Undead addon, points deducted, download canceled. I try again, and it has forgotten I even bought the expansion but with my points deducted :( I really wanted to try this. anyone know if I can work around, legally of course, or if i should have just kept my points and wait till I get back home?

are you able to try a proxy maybe for marketplace.xbox.com and try to at least send it to your xbox download queue.

I'm just completed the last story mission and now I got
undead Marston and Death Apocalypse Horse
Can anybody tell me if I need to restart the game in order to find
The Famine Horse of the Apocalypse
or will it just pop up like the others did?

abundant

pslayer666 said:
I'm just completed the last story mission and now I got
undead Marston and Death Apocalypse Horse
Can anybody tell me if I need to restart the game in order to find
The Famine Horse of the Apocalypse
or will it just pop up like the others did?

It still pops up after you beat the DLC. Famine is found randomly in Mexico, by the way.

blanky

Lothars said:
are you able to try a proxy maybe for marketplace.xbox.com and try to at least send it to your xbox download queue.

I got in the download queue but then it wont download.

{ENDING} Did anyone find the LAST mission after
you are a zombie. I have every town saved and
i havn't seen credits yet. Rockstar always puts credits at the end. need help

WEGGLES

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
big ass balls of steal! thats how
I don't have those :lol

What else?

Tried lassoing and torching. But it always eventually kills me. The fucking torch blows. They run from me etc.

WHY AM I CHASING A BEAR?!

WEGGLES said:
I don't have those :lol

What else?

Tried lassoing and torching. But it always eventually kills me. The fucking torch blows. They run from me etc.

WHY AM I CHASING A BEAR?!

exactly, if its a bear, better have the shotgun out.

WEGGLES said:
Doesn't help for the

"Kill 2 bears with a torch" challenge. :lol

Just equip the torch while riding Pestilence, bears/cougars can't hurt you that way. Just wail on them until they die. Make sure there are no zombies around because they will throw you off your horse and you'll get cougar'd/bear'd/zomb'd

So yeah, I'm assuming that there's a mission after
John's zombification
but I can't find anything. Anyone found anything?
I wouldn't mind killing Seth.

Top Bottom