• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Papercuts said:
Keeps freezing at Las Hermanas for me, and I need to go here to move on. Fantastic.
Same happened to me. I ended up completing another mission and heading back there afterwards. I'm pretty sure you can read up on it at the R* forums.

Almak

"My kind sir, THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR!"

Love this DLC, love it! Best 800points I ever spent. Strange lack of zombie bears though. Spent a good bit of time up in tall trees and none so far. Hmm.
Oh, any good tips on where I should look for the
unicorn
?

todahawk

Almak said:
"My kind sir, THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR!"

Love this DLC, love it! Best 800points I ever spent. Strange lack of zombie bears though. Spent a good bit of time up in tall trees and none so far. Hmm.
Oh, any good tips on where I should look for the
unicorn
?

Lack of zombie bears? I get swarmed by them just short of Tall Trees.

Almak

greenjerk said:
Lack of zombie bears? I get swarmed by them just short of Tall Trees.
Seriously! Cougars, check. Wolfs, check. Coyotes, check. Bores, check. Bears? Not a single damn one in all the time I've been playing so far (6/7'ish hours I think). And I've been in and out of tall trees pretty often lately, de-zombifying the settlements there.

Lionel Mandrake said:
So yeah, I'm assuming that there's a mission after
John's zombification
but I can't find anything. Anyone found anything?
I wouldn't mind killing Seth.

it seems it might be the end... everyone on every forum is stuck at the same place

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Game keeps crashing for me in the nunery for some reason.

Edit: Wow, way to go rockstar, seems a bunch of us with the same issue.

Peter303

The trouble with Rockstar games is I never know if there's been a glitch or if i'm just crap. Armadillo was being overrun so had to go talk to the survivor leader on the roof of the building opposite the saloon. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting up there?
Same for one of the weapon chests on the roof of the building next door, I can't get onto that roof either. wtf?

Peter303 said:
The trouble with Rockstar games is I never know if there's been a glitch or if i'm just crap. Armadillo was being overrun so had to go talk to the survivor leader on the roof of the building opposite the saloon. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting up there?
Same for one of the weapon chests on the roof of the building next door, I can't get onto that roof either. wtf?

there is a way up, your just crap, explore... as far as the freezing issues, i havnt had any, check the health of your xbox

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Finally got a chance to dive into this, today. It's as awesome and epic as I was hoping it would be. :D :D

The undead enemies give the game a very different feel. In the base game, being patient was a MUST - you had to hide behind cover and pic your shots - no running & gunning. Here, it's te exact opposite. I have found that being stuck to cover is a huge liability. I have just been running around, lining up headshots out in the open.

Also relieved to see that the "saved town" timer appears to be quite long. Being forced to save and re-save areas lest they be lost forever was my #1 concern, but I did several story missions, cleared out several towns, and did some sidequests and the first town I saved is still safe. Excellent!

I dunno what portion of it I got through today... if I had to guess, I would say one third to one half. If I have one complaint, it is that so far it has been too easy. Yeah I've been fucked up by zombie wildlife a couple times, but the actual humanoid enemies are all cake.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
there is a way up, your just crap, explore... as far as the freezing issues, i havnt had any, check the health of your xbox

Yes, multiple people experiencing a freeze at the exact same point in the game points to an Xbox problem, get this crap out of here.

Peter303

Peter303 said:

Turned out there was a glitch. I wasn't able to hop over small fences either. After resetting the PS3 and reloading and I was able to climb onto the roofs easily.

TimeLike

I bought this DLC and cant get past the first part without running out of ammo. How headshot a zombie? It always lines my shots up at the enemies' chests automatically.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
TimeLike said:
I bought this DLC and cant get past the first part without running out of ammo. How headshot a zombie? It always lines my shots up at the enemies' chests automatically.
Don't be a puss, and change the aiming system to Hard (or expert, forget what it is called). That way there is no awful lock-on.

TimeLike said:

You are playing on Casual Aim. Even then get a feel for it, you can tilt the RS slightly up to get a headshot. I switched to Casual for post-game stuff to get 100%, and it worked well.

YOU EAT BABIES ! :lol

Got 100% last week, loved it. One of the best value for money deals right now.

There HAS to be another single player DLC in the works, no way RS San Diego leaves all these assets, which cost a bazillion dollars to make, when the product is still fresh.

Also where is my offcial Undead Nightmare OST release Rockstar? I want that! :lol

Hey You

Anybody else not able to clear towns playing as
Zombie John
after the main game?

I go into towns that I haven't accessed yet and I can't save them or anything. Only the ones I discovered and cleared out before.

Shinjitsu

Banned
xxracerxx said:
Don't be a puss, and change the aiming system to Hard (or expert, forget what it is called). That way there is no awful lock-on.

The lock-on works great, like someone already said. Use the lock-on to snap to the target quickly, then tilt the stick up a little. Fast easy headshots that aren't frustrating as hell to pull off on horseback.

Dartastic

Horseeee stuff.
I'm looking for the remaining 3 horses of the apocalypse, and the unicorn. where can I find them? Can I be on War while searching for the others?

Also, is there any story related goodness that can occur after
JOHN MARSTON ZOMBIE

Decided to give this a whirl and take a break from cod, I played the crap out of RDR on release but damn I forgot how great this game looked.

Bizzyb

Banned
zero margin said:
Decided to give this a whirl and take a break from cod, I played the crap out of RDR on release but damn I forgot how great this game looked.

It is definitely among the top 3 best looking games this generation. The art and lighting is on a whole other level.

Edit: If I lose a Special Horse is there ANY way to get him back??

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bizzyb said:
It is definitely among the top 3 best looking games this generation. The art and lighting is on a whole other level.

After you beat the challenges with the horses, you get a bond and can summon any of them whenever you want.

Just finished up this beauty! Wow what an awesome DLC pack, holy crap. This should have been $20 - last time I'd say that about a DLC I bet. Can't believe there is SO much and it is SO cheap. Provides more entertainment than most $60 games. I can't believe a game like Force Unleashed 2 (plus many others) is charging $60 for an experience that lasts half as long and is more than twice crappier.

Bizzyb said:

Yes! The game at times can look just "good" but at other times, when the lighting is just right and you are in a town crammed with detail and the dust/tumbleweeds are blowing in the direction of your flowing duster - it looks like one of those Tech Demo's back in the day of the console announcements.

Loxley said:
Alright, I'm convinced that Sharpshooter Rank 5 is complete bullshit.

I'm guessing that's the kill 5 zombies with a sniper rifle under 8 seconds? A hint if nobody said it already - you don't HAVE to use bullets... ;)

crispyben

I'd like to try this out, but I imported my RDR copy from the UK to France, and the DLC on the French PSN store doesn't mention which serials it is compatible with. Do any of you know if that would work, or if any Euro DLC woks with any Euro game?

crispyben said:
I'd like to try this out, but I imported my RDR copy from the UK to France, and the DLC on the French PSN store doesn't mention which serials it is compatible with. Do any of you know if that would work, or if any Euro DLC woks with any Euro game?

Any euro dlc will work. The problem with DLC is only when you have a different region disc than the DLC.

BeeDog

pslayer666 said:
Any euro dlc will work. The problem with DLC is only when you have a different region disc than the DLC.

Actually, I think discs can differ between European countries as well, but this is mostly applicable to Sony-published games. RDR should be alright though.

I just started this today. It's been a few months since I finished Red Dead so it's nice to go back!

Overall, I'm a bit torn, though. I love the cutscenes and the general attitude towards yet another instance of zombies appearing in a game. It's a brilliant parody/homage in many instances, and the whole thing just has a really surreal atmosphere to it. With that said, it's still pretty intense to see a handful of people trying to defend their town against a horde of the undead. I'm impressed they got the balance right.

However, the missions are disappointing. I've just got to the point where I'll be
heading to Mexico
and all I've done is help protect towns, cleanse graveyards and go on fetch quests. It's all repetitive and the fact that the towns will get overrun again kill my enthusiasm to do it. I guess it would maybe take away some of the challenge if after a few hours most of the towns were safe, but it just feels pointless to help a town knowing it won't stay safe.

There have been a few cool side quests that make up for that, though, like the one in Tall Trees where you have to kill 6
Sasquatchs
. I giggled like a school girl when I killed the first and that achievement popped up - lovely little reference to San Andreas! Duing that I also stumbled across a campsite where a man was sat
eating another person/zombie and commenting on how it was tasty due to him being a fatty
:lol

So whilst so far it's not up to the standards of the GTA 4 DLC, it's definitely entertaining and quite refreshing to see the tone of the game change so much. I just hope that the missions get more interesting.

Bizzyb

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I just started this today. It's been a few months since I finished Red Dead so it's nice to go back!

Overall, I'm a bit torn, though. I love the cutscenes and the general attitude towards yet another instance of zombies appearing in a game. It's a brilliant parody/homage in many instances, and the whole thing just has a really surreal atmosphere to it. With that said, it's still pretty intense to see a handful of people trying to defend their town against a horde of the undead. I'm impressed they got the balance right.

However, the missions are disappointing. I've just got to the point where I'll be
heading to Mexico
and all I've done is help protect towns, cleanse graveyards and go on fetch quests. It's all repetitive and the fact that the towns will get overrun again kill my enthusiasm to do it. I guess it would maybe take away some of the challenge if after a few hours most of the towns were safe, but it just feels pointless to help a town knowing it won't stay safe.

There have been a few cool side quests that make up for that, though, like the one in Tall Trees where you have to kill 6
Sasquatchs
. I giggled like a school girl when I killed the first and that achievement popped up - lovely little reference to San Andreas!.

"You Eat Babies!"

btw, I loved that achievement as well, btw Is that the end of
Sasquatch or is it still possible to see him

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
To do Sharpshooter rank 5 is easy:

Just head over to Jorge's Gap... west-southwest of Armadillo. Just stand at the opening to the ravine and spam the trigger. The zombies are so thick there, getting the challenge is cake.

AnimatorZombie said:
To do Sharpshooter rank 5 is easy:

Just head over to Jorge's Gap... west-southwest of Armadillo. Just stand at the opening to the ravine and spam the trigger. The zombies are so thick there, getting the challenge is cake.
No you don't even have to shoot. Just melee a bunch of zombies = win.

Bizzyb

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I only killed 1. Couldn't find the other 5 :(

Dude, you are not done. There should be another green/yellow area of investigation in Tall Trees. You have to hunt more than just one. Just keeping hunting it until you see the yellow/green question mark in tall trees. The end of this strange mission is one of the funniest in the game

Spent like half a day playing this and I think I got about half way?
just went into mexico
Anyway, seems like money more than well spent.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Bizzyb said:
"You Eat Babies!"

btw, I loved that achievement as well, btw Is that the end of
Sasquatch or is it still possible to see him
I did that Stranger Mission right at the beginning of the game and
I did see them again in Tall Tress. Mind you I did not kill the last one either.

eshock

Bizzyb said:
Dude, you are not done. There should be another green/yellow area of investigation in Tall Trees. You have to hunt more than just one. Just keeping hunting it until you see the yellow/green question mark in tall trees. The end of this strange mission is one of the funniest in the game

Funniest and Saddest :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was just about to buy this and went to the Xbox site only to see that this is 1600 points now? Was the 800 point thing only a promotional offer?

REV 09

Zefah said:
I was just about to buy this and went to the Xbox site only to see that this is 1600 points now? Was the 800 point thing only a promotional offer?
It's 800. The dlc bundle is 1600. Look for Undead Nightmare Pack...not UN Collection.

Wow, that ending was abrupt. There has to be a mission of some sort after becoming a zombie, right? I can't find anything. Lame if this is it.

I borrowed the Undead Nightmare retail copy from my friend and I'm loving it. But I gave it back to him and am now wondering, if I buy it digitally, will my save from the actual hardcopy version of the game work for the downloaded version? Really hoping so...

Jme

Might seem like a dumb question but whatever... Just picked up RDR on black friday (hasn't been delivered yet)

If I were to get the Disc based Undead Nightmare, would the included DLC (liars and cheats, etc.) transfer over to my vanilla RDR?

I guess, my real question is, what is a better value for the DLC? Disc based Undead, or DLC based, and buy the other DLCs individually?

handofg0d said:
Might seem like a dumb question but whatever... Just picked up RDR on black friday (hasn't been delivered yet)

If I were to get the Disc based Undead Nightmare, would the included DLC (liars and cheats, etc.) transfer over to my vanilla RDR?

I guess, my real question is, what is a better value for the DLC? Disc based Undead, or DLC based, and buy the other DLCs individually?

If you have RDR, the cheapest value would be the Undead Nightmare Collection DLC Pack. $20 for all the paid DLC. Rather than $30 for a separate disc you'll have to switch too.

Neiteio

So I got this game and it's amazing!
Just enjoyed Seth's dance with the undead hooker, heavy woman, Moses and fiddler!
But I'd sure like to watch that cutscene again... Is there any way to replay missions in this game like in regular RDR? I went to Stats and I didn't see a Mission option...

Neiteio

Neiteio said:
So I got this game and it's amazing!
Just enjoyed Seth's dance with the undead hooker, heavy woman, Moses and fiddler!
But I'd sure like to watch that cutscene again... Is there any way to replay missions in this game like in regular RDR? I went to Stats and I didn't see a Mission option...
Anyone? (Been a day, thought I'd bump.)

Top Bottom