• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering some of the classic gameboy games

SantaC

I remember when I got my Gameboy xmas 1989. It was pure joy! :D Games like tetris and super mario land were played till my fingers were bleeding. Here is 3 of my top gb games:

Revenge of the Gator

gbpinballrotg.png

This is seriously one of the best pinball experiences I ever had. This is probably my most played gameboy game ever. Even my dad played this one till the batteries ran out :)

Gargoyles Quest

gargolgb-15.gif

This is one of my favorite adventure/RPG gameboy games of all time. It involves tricky jumps, nice powerups, hidden items and difficult bosses!

Wizards and Warrior: Fortress of Fear

tfofgb017.jpg

W&W is one of my fav nes series, and the gameboy game didn't disappoint. The game was much harder than the nes games though.

Some other games I remember as very enjoyable.

Hunt for red october
Super Hunchback
Kid Icarus myth and legends
Blades of steel
Bart goes to camp
choplifter
bionic commando
goemon

And of course the zelda, Metroid ,super mario land and castlevania games.

I'll second Revenge of the Gator and Tetris.

I almost bought a used copy of Tetris over the weekend. They wanted $14 for it, though, and I'm poor right now.

AniHawk

My top 3 pre-Pokemon (got my GB in 1993):

zlafrontbox%5B1%5D.jpg

The second GB game I played, the first Zelda game I played. A classic, still my favorite 2D Zelda ever.

201947.jpg

I loved this game so damn much. I hope some day it gets remade on the Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS somehow.

216298.jpg

Same as above. Lotsa fun with the game to be had, and great replay value.

Honorable mention:

Kirby's Pinball Land
Super Mario Land 3
Super Mario Land
Tetris

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Justin Bailey said:

INCORRECT!
Well, actually there's nothing you can be incorrect about, but I could never get very far in FFL1, but I LOVE:
612895.jpg

I just went out and bought a copy for the first time (the original copy I played belonged to my brother) and I'm replaying it again. I love this game. Its so classic.

I even checked a translation guide to see what's different. In the US version they smuggle bananas, but its opium in the Japanese version.
You know, I always thought as a child that the Japanese smuggled bananas..this game really warped my mind.

Bog

Junior Ace
SpeedRazor said:
1233.jpg

Everyone I tell about the game has never heard of it.

I own it and thought it was good back in the day. Penguin Wars was another good one.

Top Bottom