• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm also naturally assuming Sega incompetence, too.

If they can be incompetent in releasing a game in earnest, they can be equally incompetent in a Bond villain-esque plan to fuck people over.

The most incompetent part of all this is that they are essentially giving this game away on PC (the 4-pack makes the game $7.50 for each person!) which should get them TONS of praise, but somehow they have still fucked it up so bad that people are actually asking for REFUNDS on that. So now they're selling a game for a shitty low ass price, and getting no thanks for it either because they're dumbshits. Lol.

It's really, really hilarious. And sad.

duckroll

Just saw this over at the Steam forums.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Avalanche-Studios/141547722567500

Dear Renegade Ops Fans,

We are terribly sorry for the lack of updates regarding the delay of the game. However, the delay has been out of our hands and the communication with the players are supposed to go through the publisher, due to agreements around announcements etc.

With that said, we are again very sorry for the delay and we expect SEGA to announce more news about the PC version shortly.

Thank you for your support and your patience.

Avalanche Studios

Sounds bad. Also doesn't sound like the game is coming out today. You would think they would say so if it were, instead of "you will hear more from SEGA shortly". Lol?

duckroll

Maybe the news from Sega will be that the PC version has finally been canned, and everyone who bought it gets 15 bucks off Sonic Generations on Steam instead!! LOOOOOOOL!

"Posts on Steam Forum indicate GMG has started sending out keys."

From that facebook page.

*edit*

OOops nm. Already mentioned here.

ShockingAlberto said:
So if Avalanche has nothing to do with the delay and it's all on SEGA, that means it has to be strategic, doesn't it?
strategically going to release it between Uncharted 3 and Skyrim launch obviously D;

Scotch

Nabs said:
I'm sure the delay helped XBLA sales. /'casm

I hope Sega learns from this =\
I actually did buy the XBLA version last week (with free MS Points) and cancelled my PC preorder on Green Man Gaming.

I'm not preordering any more SEGA published downloadable games, that's for sure.

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
So if Avalanche has nothing to do with the delay and it's all on SEGA, that means it has to be strategic, doesn't it?

They didn't say they had nothing to do with it, but that it was beyond their control. What we've previously heard is that they have a VERY small team on the game, and that they had to delay it to polish up the PC version because there was no way it would be ready when the PSN and XBLA versions were released. Being out of their hands doesn't mean that they had nothing to do with it, simply that they couldn't have done anything else to prevent it.

Mrbob

duckroll said:

Sounds bad. Also doesn't sound like the game is coming out today. You would think they would say so if it were, instead of "you will hear more from SEGA shortly". Lol?

So this game was strategically delayed by Sega because of piracy? Avalanche is saying the delay is out of their hands? Get the f out, Sega. Those 15K in sales on 360 sure look strong by comparison.

Nabs

Scotch said:
I actually did buy the XBLA version last week (with free MS Points) and cancelled my PC preorder on Green Man Gaming.

I'm not preordering any more SEGA published downloadable games, that's for sure.
You let them win :(

Scotch

Nabs said:
You let them win :(
In my defense, last week I was still under the impression that the delays were the result of development problems. If it's true that they were strategic delays by SEGA, then... wow. :/

Mrbob said:
So this game was strategically delayed by Sega because of piracy? Avalanche is saying the delay is out of their hands? Get the f out, Sega. Those 15K in sales on 360 sure look strong by comparison.
You're missing the big picture here. These delays are all a ploy to boost Daytona sales. Don't you see the genius of Sega?

duckroll

Someone should ask the Sega Twitter for clarification on this, since he said that the game was delayed for optimization!

ctrayne

Just Cause 2 was published by Square Enix, so for some reason I thought Avalanche was partially owned by SE/Eidos. Would have resulted in a much better outcome if that were the case.

duckroll said:
Someone should ask the Sega Twitter for clarification on this, since he said that the game was delayed for optimization!
I asked yesterday for them to confirm today will actually see the game released. No response.

Volcynika

Yeah I've sent multiple messages and not a word still.

Sega cares about their fans, clearly! (Though I know it's probably a community manager that uses the Twitter, but they could at least ask)

Plasma

Banned
TheNiX said:
I asked yesterday for them to confirm today will actually see the game released. No response.

I'm sure if you'd told them how much you liked Daytona they would have replied :p

duckroll

Volcynika said:

Sega cares about their fans, clearly! (Though I know it's probably a community manager that uses the Twitter, but they could at least ask)

I think he's probably gagged at the moment regarding this topic. He could be asking, and they could be telling him to sweep the shit under the carpet and just ignore it for the moment. What can he do? Quit?

TimmiT

Volcynika said:

Apparently multiple community managers from both US and Europe use the SEGA twitter.

Volcynika

duckroll said:
I think he's probably gagged at the moment regarding this topic. He could be asking, and they could be telling him to sweep the shit under the carpet and just ignore it for the moment. What can he do? Quit?

Fight the power!

Dakota47

Volcynika said:
Um, I'm at work so I can't check the validity of this account, but apparently this Sega UK person says it is coming out tonight?

Again, no idea if this is a verified/real account.

http://twitter.com/amywhite85

I'm sorry but I just have to post it.

me.jpg

On topic: I stopped caring about this game, even though I have it on pre-order. I bought it as a 'snack' in the run-up to the big fall releases, so now I probably won't even play it until some time next year. Shame really.

Dakota47 said:
I'm sorry but I just have to post it.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/808822522/me.jpg[img]

On topic: I stopped caring about this game, even though I have it on pre-order. I bought it as a 'snack' in the run-up to the big fall releases, so now I probably won't even play it until some time next year. Shame really.[/QUOTE]

She can lie to me about the release date any day.

Also, same. If this doesn't come out today, I'm not sure I'll have time between Minecraft SMP, Skyrim and Saints. Shame as I was looking forward to this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
duckroll said:

Can't say I'm surprised. On the bright side, this means I don't have to be bitter towards a developer I'm quite fond of. All the blame falls on the shoulders of those scum-suckers at Sega HQ.

Anyways, this whole ordeal is already a total joke, and I don't even know what to say if they delay it again.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Available: October 26th, 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour

1 hour to go! Place your bets, gentlemen!

It's actually downloading!!!

I thought the "Play Now" sign was a mistake at first. I was fully expecting it to say "This game is not yet available" when I clicked play now. Glad SEGA finally got their shit together to actually make a release date. Look forward to playing.

Top Bottom