• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Scotch

SEGA
The PC Digital release of Renegade Ops has been delayed for further optimization of the game.
And you - again - waited till the day of release to tell us, Sega? I have never seen quite so many fuck-ups in a row from a publisher.

Also, the fact that the PC version still needs so much optimization doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

duckroll

Scotch said:
And you - again - waited till the day of release to tell us, Sega? I have never seen quite so many fuck-ups in a row from a publisher.

Also, the fact that the PC version still needs so much optimization doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

The only optimization it needs, is that it needs to be made. They're waiting until they sell scam enough Steam pre-orders to have the funds to pay the developer to actually port it to the PC.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
PATHETIC

I was really excited. REALLY EXCITE to play this. I have lost all interest at this time. I'm broke and will likely not be getting any games this holiday and still can't stomach this incompetence. It may not be just Sega too so Avalanche is starting to look not so good on this one too. This should have been managed better by Sega.

At least handle the PR better instead of taking to twitter after we know it was delayed at the last second practically and then just changing it to October. This is how you lose the goodwill of legit customers.

LiquidMetal14

Akkad said:
Who the fuck is the guy on Twitter asking feedback from? What kind of feedback does he want?
The fan (literally) doesn't care enough. We will be asked to take the streets and post "Will Renegade Ops for food "signs at busy intersections.

duckroll

Akkad said:
Who the fuck is the guy on Twitter asking feedback from? What kind of feedback does he want?

He wants you to tell him how badly you want to use a huge rusty object to fuck SEGA in the rear end.

LiquidMetal14

MiniBossBattle said:
I want to get back into this game but no one on my friends list on ps3 have this game :(
I would have bought it on PS3 but had it pre-ordered a few weeks ahead of that time and figured it would not be that long until we saw it on PC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LiquidMetal14 said:
I would have bought it on PS3 but had it pre-ordered a few weeks ahead of that time and figured it would not be that long until we saw it on PC.

I would have bought in on PS3 BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS COMING TO THE GODDAMN PC.

C'mon, Sega. This isn't funny anymore. Just man the fuck up and tell us that it's never coming out. It's the least you can do.

Megasoum

Banned
And you know what's worst about all that? I'm sure we'll end up with a super shitty port that run worst than the console version. This is ridiculous.

LiquidMetal14

ShockingAlberto said:
I do wonder if this is basically the same thing WB is doing with Batman - delaying it to get console sales first - but trying to be coy about it.
They secretly have the PC version done except 5 more characters. 1 for ever week of delay, its perfect!

LiquidMetal14

Snkfanatic said:
Damnit where is my LOL smiley
Don't have the quick reply chrome extension? It does that and 2 other smileys for you and even IMG tags them for you. All you have to do is click on each of the smileys like the old way.

FFS double post Sega whores

LiquidMetal14 said:
Don't have the quick reply chrome extension? It does that and 2 other smileys for you and even IMG tags them for you. All you have to do is click on each of the smileys like the old way.

FFS double post Sega whores

Oh nice! I need to look that up

amrod said:
anyone play this on 360 / ps3 ... is it any good?

I loved it on the 360, plan to get it again on PC if/when it releases

BigAT

So I get out of jury duty early and I'm all excited to get home and finally play this andOH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BigAT said:
So I get out of jury duty early and I'm all excited to get home and finally play this andOH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!

You really believed that release date? How foolish.

LiquidMetal14

LLShC.gif
- quick reply sample smiley

If you want to quote you still have to do it the old fashioned way though OH NOES

Volcynika

The Stealth Fox said:
You will all buy it anyway.

Well most of us HAVE already bought it, so that statement is a bit silly to say. Pre-ordered like over a month ago. We'd just like to play the game that was supposed to come out mid-Sept...I mean mid-Oct...I mean 2020. I wouldn't doubt some have gotten refunds though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Stealth Fox said:
You will all buy it anyway.

We already bought it*, that's the problem. I'm pretty sure Sega is pulling a long con on us.

*technically it was gifted to me, but it's in my Steam library so I get to be outraged

BigAT

I remember desperately trying to get a 4-pack together at the last minute and being so thankful when I was able to because the release date was in just a couple of days and I assumed the 4-pack pricing would go away upon release.

It feels like a lifetime ago now.

Haunted

oh you guys.

"I was a wee little lad when I pre-ordered this with the first money I ever earned as a paper boy - now, as I'm sitting here on my porch watching my grandchildren play in the yard, Renegade Ops might finally come out."

It's been just over a month, relax.

BigAT

Spookie said:
I've never done this before but I'm considering contacting GMG for a refund. Fuck you SEGA.
For what it's worth, GMG absolutely REFUSED to give me a refund on Arkham City even though it still hasn't been released and my order was purely a pre-order. The best they would do for me is store credit, not matter how much I complained.

Psy-Phi

Haunted said:
oh you guys.

"I was a wee little lad when I pre-ordered this with the first money I ever earned as a paper boy - now, as I'm sitting here on my porch watching my grandchildren play in the yard, Renegade Ops might finally come out."

It's been just over a month, relax.
Had they given a proper release day when they initially delayed it, or during the 2nd delay, I think we'd be a little more patient. This is a constant build up of anticipation that has continually been squandered by ineptitude too many times now. I think it's perfectly acceptable to be angry over this.

Hell if they told me, it's coming but not until June next year, I'd be content in the fact that I wouldn't be playing until June next year. Of course if they missed that I"d be done ever buying anything from SEGA or Avalanche after this fiasco so far.

The Stealth Fox

YOU ARE ALREADY OWNERS.

I am not *smug*

I had a hunch given that Sega hasn't come out officially and said anything and going solely by distributors is kind of setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'll buy it when it comes out (if ever).

Volcynika

The Stealth Fox said:
YOU ARE ALREADY OWNERS.

I am not *smug*

I had a hunch given that Sega hasn't come out officially and said anything and going solely by distributors is kind of setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'll buy it when it comes out (if ever).

But when they announced the Gordon Freeman thing, they said a date. Then today, they said it's been delayed again for further optimization. We're going by Sega's words, not distributors.

The Stealth Fox

Volcynika said:
But when they announced the Gordon Freeman thing, they said a date. Then today, they said it's been delayed again for further optimization. We're going by Sega's words, not distributors.

Oh. So where should I direct my pitchforks at?

legend166

Damn, I just remembered I got it as part of a four pack.

I wanted to get a refund just on principle and then buy it at Christmas.

Top Bottom