• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Carm

Valve and Sega are turning the screws man. The game is listed under new releases now, yet still can't download.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DMPrince said:
It's now October 2011.
KuGsj.gif

uHbiP.png

This shit is never coming out on PC
KuGsj.gif

Elixist

Pc version still not out? Crazy, I bought it on ps3 and still havent played very much, but it is fun the openess is really cool.

jns said:
Wait, is this game actually out yet for PC?

Nope. It has been delayed 3 or 4 times, and as of now there is no information on when it actually will release.

I'm regretting doing a 4 pack for this game so much right now. If I had purchased a single copy I would have asked for a refund a long time ago, when they started fucking around PC gamers with these bullshit delays.

duckroll

LOL. I was looking at the Steam store front page, and in Coming Soon, I saw that there was a date again... 25 October. So I click on it, and it suddenly updates to 27 October. It's hilarious how the date just keeps randomly changing over and over, while Sega has clearly indicated that they are no interested in answering questions to explaining to consumers what's going on. The PC version definitely doesn't exist. :p

Edit: Btw, I found more awesome trolling from Sega yesterday. Go to Google and search for "Renegade Ops DLC Pack" and you'll find a link to this page: http://blogs.sega.com/2011/10/19/renegade-ops-dlc-pack/ which no longer exists. It appears that they were on the verge of announcing a DLC pack, probably for the console versions, but definitely it was bad timing. LOL.

Lothars

duckroll said:
LOL. I was looking at the Steam store front page, and in Coming Soon, I saw that there was a date again... 25 October. So I click on it, and it suddenly updates to 27 October. It's hilarious how the date just keeps randomly changing over and over, while Sega has clearly indicated that they are no interested in answering questions to explaining to consumers what's going on. The PC version definitely doesn't exist. :p

Edit: Btw, I found more awesome trolling from Sega yesterday. Go to Google and search for "Renegade Ops DLC Pack" and you'll find a link to this page: http://blogs.sega.com/2011/10/19/renegade-ops-dlc-pack/ which no longer exists. It appears that they were on the verge of announcing a DLC pack, probably for the console versions, but definitely it was bad timing. LOL.
Yeah this is insane and hilarious how Sega just seems to be changing the date randomly with really no word on to anyone on what's going on.

today it says october 26th.

that's the day right guys?

can't wait to see that dlc post go back up saying out for 360, ps3, and PC lulz.

DaFish

DMPrince said:
today it says october 26th.

that's the day right guys?

can't wait to see that dlc post go back up saying out for 360, ps3, and PC lulz.
I wont even give a shit about the game by then... Battlefield 3 comes out 25th :/

Nabs

duckroll said:

Available: October 26th, 2011

lol

Weenerz

Banned
I wouldnt be so upset if they didn't continue to delay it the day of release. They knew it wouldn't be ready, why the last minute warning?

It's because they put Gordon Freeman in the game.

If he's in the game it's going to take an extra 2+ years to come out.

When it DOES come out though, his vehicle is going to be the most perfectly balanced, focus tested, one in the game!

duckroll

So Volcynika, how's the Sega twitter doing these days? After pretending to give a shit for a mere half a day, it seems that they have completely forgotten that this game even exists anymore. Lolz.

Volcynika

duckroll said:
So Volcynika, how's the Sega twitter doing these days? After pretending to give a shit for a mere half a day, it seems that they have completely forgotten that this game even exists anymore. Lolz.

I haven't checked their @ messages (only see it if they respond to someone I'm following), but they've said not one word about it. I'll ask today if it is for sure (lol) coming out tomorrow!

EDIT: Steam says it comes out in the middle of the afternoon? (Checked it and it says 1 day and 9 hours) Such an odd release time. But I sent a message to them.

Salaadin

mrfolego said:
Heh, last delay had only twenty minutes before the supposed release :> I was there!

I was just about to ask that. Damn.

This better come out today. Seeing it in my games list is a constant reminder to how excited I was to play this a month ago.

Volcynika

Plasma said:
Wonder if it will actually come out today, any word from Sega or have they gone quiet again?

I never got a reply to my messages and they didn't mention anything about it on Twitter.

Salaadin

duckroll said:
Were you born yesterday? Lol.
lololololol

Why is Sega being so damn quiet about this? Wheres the harm in telling us wtf is going on.
I was *this * close to actually getting the console version a few weeks ago.

SmokyDave

duckroll said:
Nov? Dec?
Definitely October.

Not necessarily this October, but definitely October.

I'm cool with it. I've been CHKDSK'ing my 2TB hard-drive since 7am Monday morning and it's only at 39% complete. Sega are looking out for me.

Mrbob

Staying positive, game is coming out today. I can feel. I can sense it. I can almost taste the long awaited release of this game!

Salaadin said:
lololololol

Why is Sega being so damn quiet about this? Wheres the harm in telling us wtf is going on.
I was *this * close to actually getting the console version a few weeks ago.
That's probably the entire plan.

I'm confident this is a strategic delay, similar to what WB is doing with Batman, to "punish" PC gamers for being pirates so they break down and get the console versions.

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
That's probably the entire plan.

I'm confident this is a strategic delay, similar to what WB is doing with Batman, to "punish" PC gamers for being pirates so they break down and get the console versions.

It really doesn't make as much sense as you think it does. If that is the plan, there wouldn't be a PC version to begin with. :p

duckroll said:
It really doesn't make as much sense as you think it does. If that is the plan, there wouldn't be a PC version to begin with. :p
I'm also naturally assuming Sega incompetence, too.

If they can be incompetent in releasing a game in earnest, they can be equally incompetent in a Bond villain-esque plan to fuck people over.

Top Bottom