• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Modern Warfare 3 is Set to Come to Xbox Game Pass This Month

Draugoth

Gold Member
modern-warfare-3-1.jpg

Microsoft is set to launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in Xbox Game Pass later this month. The 2023 Call of Duty title will mark the first of the older Call of Duty games coming to Xbox Game Pass. Developed by Sledgehammer Games, the game generally received positive reviews from the community, but critics found its single-player content too short and lackluster. It’s understood that the announcement could come as soon as today, which is believed to have been the original plan for the Xbox Game Pass price increases and changes. The subscription service price increased by as much as 25% in some regions.

Last edited:

splattered

Oh nice. I finished current black cell battlepass already and have been working on battlepass for fortnite. Curious to see what adding mw3 to GP is gonna do to the playerbase skill wise.

*also this probably exactly explains why MS rushed to increase price of gamepass this week.

Last edited:
Oh my God they’re really going to drip feed out call of duty every six months aren’t they?? What a nightmare

I definitely think most of us were expecting a little bit more after that acquisition closed

Last edited:
How does this fit into the tiered game pass now where only ultimate subscribers are going to get day one games? Game pass standard people will get any game that isn’t brand new the same time that ultimate user as will? Even If it’s only a couple months old??

I bet you it’s gonna be a case by case basis for literally every game that gets added to standard. when and if it does

Last edited:
the entire Xbox division is on the shoulders of the success of CoD on Game Pass.... good luck. Phil will need several miracles for that to happen.

StueyDuck

This is that 4 hr one that largely panned by most people?

Gamers really getting spoiled, I'm so happy consolidation is a thing 😂

All it cost was an arkane studio and tango

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Good that they're finally putting it on Gamepass, I was starting to wonder if they'd get it on gamepass before the new Black OPs was released.

Kinda looking forward to it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yep. People celebrating MW3's possible inclusion? Standards have fallen real hard.

l9kRPEn.jpeg
Eqa2ZRJ.jpeg

Eh .. didn't stop it from being a success juggernaut.

The kind of continuing service game that gets a lot of eyes on a sub service.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Had to quit the Steam version due to being kicked from their servers multiple times per week.. Hmm, maybe I'll jump back into this version..

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Oh nice. I finished current black cell battlepass already and have been working on battlepass for fortnite. Curious to see what adding mw3 to GP is gonna do to the playerbase skill wise.

*also this probably exactly explains why MS rushed to increase price of gamepass this week.
Can’t wait to face off against them fire stick game pass players!

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Now it makes sense why GamePass saw a new tier released and a price increase to the top tier this week. Curious as to why this is the first one they decided to place on GP though, but I'm guessing it was the easiest given that no extra work had to be done to the game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So, the part that is not included with the game (because you have to pay a subscription to play) is the good part? These review scores are warranted, then.

What? There's no subscription to play MP it's included with the game those scores are reviewing.

Last edited:
Anyone who buys CALL OF DUTY knows you need XBL or PS+ to play MP. That is a disingenuous argument.
Just because everyone “knows” you need to subscribe to a paid service doesn’t mean you don’t need a subscription to play.

If the game was released with multiplayer as a one time DLC purchase instead of a subscription, why should review scores factor this in? Should all reviews factor in DLC or subscription services into the final score?

Anyway, I’m just playing devil’s advocate. Back to talking about how people who haven’t bought this game after 9 months suddenly being excited for it. 😎

Last edited:
It’s only war zone that doesn’t need a sub I thought (and the modes you find in there like DMZ on cod MWII)

Everything else with other people, needs a game pass or psn sub

Top Bottom