• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Modern Warfare 3 is Set to Come to Xbox Game Pass This Month

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Campaign was a short DLC soulless addon to MW2

The MP is in a great place and I would venture to guess the vast majority of people buy it for the MP alone
Maybe Im weird but I havent played one single campaign mission over the last 3 COD releases. I strickly buy it for multiplayer shit talking.

Ozriel

M$FT
You can play Modern Warfare multiplayer without subscribing to Xbox live or whatever?

You know that’s included as part of GamePass ultimate, right?

Anyway, I’m just playing devil’s advocate. Back to talking about how people who haven’t bought this game after 9 months suddenly being excited for it. 😎

Thats pretty much how game subscription services work. People get excited about games coming to the service 🤡

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Maybe Im weird but I havent played one single campaign mission over the last 3 COD releases. I strickly buy it for multiplayer shit talking.
I havent played a SP campaign since MW2 or BO1 on 360.

Back then I used to play through Gears or COD SP story first, then jump to MP. Then I just said fuck it and jumped to MP and never looked back.

Kerotan

In Dublin people always pronounced it this way.

baphomet

It may happen, but unless something's changed Sony still has marketing rights to the game.

Which if it's like other games, they have the first option to bring it to their subscription service.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They'll probably roll out CODs in order from most recent to oldest. And perhaps at some point cut it off. More recent games still have gamers and tons of mtx.

Offering old games like World at War and Black Ops are not only not appealing to modern gamers, but it also prevents old time purists from playing those oldies and not dropping a dime. Those old games just had a handful of map packs to buy and thats it.

clarky

Gold Member
So this is dropping on Gamepass on the 24th on all tiers (except core) but if you're a console subscriber you wont be able to play the MP due to it not containing online? Unless your on the new no day one releases tier?

I swear MS is fucking stoopid sometimes. Just make Gamepass cost the same and include everything the same for everyone. Fucking simple.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So this is dropping on Gamepass on the 24th on all tiers (except core) but if you're a console subscriber you wont be able to play the MP due to it not containing online? Unless your on the new no day one releases tier?

I swear MS is fucking stoopid sometimes. Just make Gamepass cost the same and include everything the same for everyone. Fucking simple.

Yeah, they really should have ripped the band-aid and merged Core / Console back last year when they first shifted Gold to Core.

Fuck that, I just want to play Treyarch's ones.

I hope they don't notes from MW3 and release a 5-6 hour campaign (i know mw3 is even shorter) ...campaigns should be 8-10 hours at MINIMUM but gamers will buy anything that moves these days and these companies know that.

The 4 hour "campaign" of MW3 and the not much better 5 hour "campaign" of MW2 are yet more examples of hpw pathetically low standards have become this generation. I dont see this next one, even if its Treyarch at the helm, being all that different now that the precedent has been set over the last 3 games.

BigLee74

That would be Vanguard.
Did not like Vanguard for a long time, but come the end of its year I was OK with it.

In retrospect, it was MUCH better than MW3. It played better, it had Patrol, it had a lot of good maps, and it was probably the last COD that didn’t royally fuck you over with matchmaking all the time.

I can’t wait for the next COD so I don’t have to look at MW3 again. My fear though is that it will be exactly the same but with different maps.

splattered

Actual Xbox account did announce MW3 to GP earlier today. I bought vault edition pre-order so this doesn't affect me. Always happy to have more people to play with though. :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Actual Xbox account did announce MW3 to GP earlier today. I bought vault edition pre-order so this doesn't affect me. Always happy to have more people to play with though. :)

Where? I haven't seen anything on the socials so far.

clarky

Gold Member
Did not like Vanguard for a long time, but come the end of its year I was OK with it.

In retrospect, it was MUCH better than MW3. It played better, it had Patrol, it had a lot of good maps, and it was probably the last COD that didn’t royally fuck you over with matchmaking all the time.

I can’t wait for the next COD so I don’t have to look at MW3 again. My fear though is that it will be exactly the same but with different maps.
I fear we are stuck with the current itteration of SBMM unfortunately.

And yeah Patrol was a good mode hopefully they bring it back sometime.

Last edited:

splattered

Haha so weird this morning i saw a post showing that it was coming to Xbox on July 24th and several people had commented under it.

Maybe it was an unofficial account or something?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Haha so weird this morning i saw a post showing that it was coming to Xbox on July 24th and several people had commented under it.

Maybe it was an unofficial account or something?
Wonder if an official account jumped the gun then deleted it because the message was supposedly going out this morning, dont know where its at though

Top Bottom