• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 12 [CNN] Ru-Bi-Oh! It's time to d-d-d-d-dddddd-drop out

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 veterans commit suicide everyday? Damn, that's like over 8k a year.

No, it's a myth that people keep repeating. With that number, the US forces would run out very quickly.

first hit on google:
http://taskandpurpose.com/truth-22-veteran-suicides-day/

explaining how they got the number from one source and that another more thorough one on roughly 9000 veteran deaths (deployed and non-deployed) over 9 years, found about 1900 suicides, which comes comes down to 1900 /9 = 211 per year and divided by 365 once more comes down to 0,58 US veteran suicides a day. Which is still one per two days, but not that freakishly high.

That doesn't mean clustering of the event within the data never happens though. It's like fatal car accidents: when a car crashes with four occupants, and they all die, suddenly the number goes up by four instead of just the driver. People looking at the statistic however, still assume it relates to individual drivers.

Trump keeps playing only one card.

latest

LOL We need more of these

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man who has no idea what he is talking about thinks he knows better than thousands of scientists.

GhaleonEB

I can generally only stomach a few minutes of these debates. I tune in just in time to see Rubio deny humans causing climate change.

Don't know how y'all stomach this, you're made of sterner stuff than I.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Of course the climate is changing, the climate has always been changing."

Rubio, you are such a fucking idiot that it makes me physically angry.

danm999

People aren't asking you to change the weather dog.

Weather =/= climate.

Well at least he isn't calling it a Chinese conspiracy.

Sianos

oh boy, climate change fuckery time

"lol miami flooding isn't our fault, therefore y'all can just get fucked"

fuck off rubio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom