• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 6 [Fox Business] Super PAC Fighter 2 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Favorite moment was when Trump actually pulled the "I have Muslim friends" card. Like, actually pulled it. Verbatim. I was fucking dying.

undrtakr900

They all believe it. He just said it publicly.
I know they all believe it, but before Trump they wouldn't have said those inflammatory remarks outloud.

Hmm... although, I guess it is sorta better that we know how people actually feel, so people will vote for who a person actually is, instead of a "faux" persona he protrudes.

Trump vs Cruz on birtherism was not well handled but it will plant the seeds of doubt on Ted's iligitamacy.

But Trump knocked out Cruz on that stupid un-American anti-New York rant. So much so that Cruz disappeared for 30 minutes.

Jeb! Should stop calling out Trump, he loses everytime

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
First debate I couldn't handle. Had to turn it off after Cruz spoke for the first time.

Dont understand some Carson comments, he had a very good performance, Cruz got hammered, so that only helps him. This was Carsons best debate, its also the one where he was most energetic. I know some guys are on robot mode, but Carson did very well.

Also Cruz falling is the better option of the two so I have no idea why more dont want Ben to go back to his spot. Him and Trump up top would divide the vote for the left.

Sianos

I could barely stand 5 minutes of this. There's not enough alcohol in the world to sit through an entire debate.
i had to do this sober while my family continually made snide comments about "the browns and blacks"

but it's okay because the real republicans don't support any of these beliefs, and to suggest otherwise is an egregious insult and an affront to political correctness

1. Trump
2. Cruz
3. Carson
4. Rubio
5. Christie
6. Kasich

Nah.

1. Trump
2. Rubio
3. Everyone else.
4. Cruz

Rubio managed to put one last hit in Cruz after Trump hit him with the 9/11 response. Trump swatted down every attack and is still the only candidate who isn't an idiot because he understands the GOP is a one-issue party: maintaining whiteness in America.

Rubio will see a small bump, Cruz will see a small drop, everyone else will hover in the same space. Trump might go up even further.

He left CNN several years ago. His public reasoning was that CNN didn't let him be honest enough about America's problems.

Dude would come on air with a big, sweaty, raging boner against illegal immigration every night and rail against Mexicans. He's the primadonna birther Trump.

FiggyCal

Banned
Trump vs Cruz on birtherism was not well handled but it will plant the seeds of doubt on Ted's iligitamacy.

But Trump knocked out Cruz on that stupid un-American anti-New York rant. So much so that Cruz disappeared for 30 minutes.

Jeb! Should stop calling out Trump, he loses everytime

He got Cruz to clap for him. I was almost convinced up until that point that Trump had been stumped.

TDLink

I wouldn't even rank Rubio since most of the time instead of debating he was just campaigning against Obama, who he won't have to campaign against.

Gutek

Dont understand some Carson comments, he had a very good performance, Cruz got hammered, so that only helps him. This was Carsons best debate, its also the one where he was most energetic. I know some guys are on robot mode, but Carson did very well.

Also Cruz falling is the better option of the two so I have no idea why more dont want Ben to go back to his spot. Him and Trump up top would divide the vote for the left.

Carson is like a grandpa that's in a perpetual cycle of napping and waking up.

FiggyCal

Banned
Nah.

1. Trump
2. Rubio
3. Everyone else.
4. Cruz

Rubio managed to put one last hit in Cruz after Trump hit him with the 9/11 response. Trump swatted down every attack and is still the only candidate who isn't an idiot because he understands the GOP is a one-issue party: maintaining whiteness in America.

Rubio will see a small bump, Cruz will see a small drop, everyone else will hover in the same space. Trump might go up even further.

We can at least agree that Trump killed it.

Even early on: when he was getting booed, he managed to turn the crowd around and get them to laugh. He is a natural at this.

Going to vodka for this was a bad idea. Never again.

Cruz had Trump on the ropes and he set up a 9/11 answer for him. GOAT-tier mistake. Trump then engaged his limit break and mopped the floor with everyone the rest of the debate. He's on another level. Starting to seal the deal.

Want to give a general thanks to GAF, who make this tolerable and let me laugh about it. See you all next time.

Rubio hurting Cruz does not benefit Rubio, it benefits Trump or possibly Carson. Jeb!'s support is as low as it's probably going to get until he drops out. The only way Rubio improves is getting more establishment support. I cannot envision a world in which a Cruz supporter deflects to Rubio. They're oil and water.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can someone summarize the exchange where Trump destroyed Cruz about New York?

BadAss2961

I wouldn't even rank Rubio since most of the time instead of debating he was just campaigning against Obama, who he won't have to campaign against.
Republicans will probably still be campaigning against Obama 4 years from now. It's a free pop from the crowd.

Trump
Cruz

Rubio

Everyone Else
Yup I'm gonna go with this. Jeb has definitely improved his debate game but he can't rise. His goose is cooked. Christie, Carson and Kasich are just flailing at this point. Christie is probably the biggest turn off for the iowa crowd with his "tough guy" attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom