• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 7 [Fox News] One does not simply win Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

Very interested to see how much the ratings decline without trump
My guess is that they will be about ~1/4. I think it will still probably do a few million viewers.

Beyond Trump's magnetism (or whatever), a debate without the front runner is kind of pointless.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Great op, though I have one criticism:

" smug bastard - circumstances of birth shrouded in doubt"

Couldn't this be more appropriate for Joffrey?

Lmo911

Why is the RNC obsessed with Thursday nights? I keep missing these debates as a result.

Exactly. If you miss the crazy, you won't know any better.

It's why election day is Tuesday. You can't make a three day weekend out of Tuesday.

Or maybe they were fans of WWE Smackdown in it's heyday.

rjinaz

Wait isn't the title a Lord of the Rings reference and not Game of Thrones?

Anyway, I just want the OP to know you did a great job. It was an enjoyable read.

Best one yet, except... no Trump! Gonna be watching the debate like

giphy.gif

damn, when was this

rjinaz

Come on y'all I'm surprised at you. Yes Trump was entertaining but there is still lots of opportunity for crazy things to be said especially without Trump there to defend himself. That and this could very well be the last time we see some of these people in the debates.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think FOX will try to prop up Cruz in that debate so that he beats Trump in Iowa.

Since the other candidates don't like Cruz at all, FOX runs the risk of having at least one of them say they won't go either if FOX can't get Trump in, because anyone else showing up will just be used to make Cruz sound better than them.

I was right, according to Bloomberg, Trump's staff is saying they got calls from other candidates saying they might go to Trump's event over FOX.

Chase17

Yeah, but Carly is going to Trump's event. There might be a second defector.

Ok. While my focus will be on the debate it seems like I should keep an eye on this trump event. Things are getting (even more) crazy going into Iowa.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Surprised so many have said they wont watch without trump
I know hes entertaining, but the fact everyone else is batshit too will still get me to watch

Quonny

I'm not watching this, but I'm not watching Trump's thing either.

It's like taking a Reese's Cup and splitting the chocolate and peanut butter. Sure, they're fine on their own, but I can't be bothered unless they're together.

Iolo

Yeah, but Carly is going to Trump's event. There might be a second defector.

Huckabee said he will attend Trump's event but after the undercard. For maximum exposure I assume.

In fact that could be the best strategy for Carly too.

In keeping with the Game of Thrones theme, and given the drama that has ensued with Trump and Fox lately, I can't help but think of one scene from Game of Thrones. When Tyrion and Varys discuss the nature of power. The main question being, who has power? Between a king, a priest, a rich man, and a sell sword, who really has power to choose who lives and who dies? I keep coming back to this scene as I watch Donald Trump fighting the RNC and Fox News. Who really controls the Republican Party?

Amory

how are there still so many people in the race that there are 2 debate panels? we're actually in the election year now

Makai

In keeping with the Game of Thrones theme, and given the drama that has ensued with Trump and Fox lately, I can't help but think of one scene from Game of Thrones. When Tyrion and Varys discuss the nature of power. The main question being, who has power? Between a king, a priest, a rich man, and a sell sword, who really has power to choose who lives and who dies? I keep coming back to this scene as I watch Donald Trump fighting the RNC and Fox News. Who really controls the Republican Party?
Ultimately, the voters - the sellsword in this analogy. Tune in next week to see who they choose!

rjinaz

how are there still so many people in the race that there are 2 debate panels? we're actually in the election year now

They are a stubborn bunch, no doubt in it at this point for the same of their own name brand. It says a lot that the other 2 democratic candidates that really had no chance dropped out pretty quickly.

RPGCrazied

Hate to say it, but lately I agree with what Rand Paul is saying. I won't vote for him, but against his rivals, he seems the most sane out of them.

Trump is going to be roasted by the candidates and moderators tonight since he won't be there to intimidate. It's going to be a Trump Roast party. Over/under shots at trump tonight +/-35

rjinaz

Hate to say it, but lately I agree with what Rand Paul is saying. I won't vote for him, but against his rivals, he seems the most sane out of them.

I mean I can't say you are wrong. In that he does have some sane stances. But listen to him during this debate. He also has a lot of insane stances too. Less insane than the others, maybe. But still insane as far as I am concerned.

Edit: Fox News coverage begins in 2 hours. Predebate.

rjinaz

So, who is left for the first debate? Is it just Gilmore?

I think everybody will be there that was supposed to be there unless I'm mistaken. Anybody that participates in the first debate has plenty of time after to drive 8 miles and attend the Trump event.

Am I the only one watching Special Report?

I kind of wish they were there at the debate instead of just having their regular show as a pre debate.

I do have to give trump credit for causing so much disruption. And I mean that from a lazer focus view on how he's angering the GOP, and defying them. It's interesting.

Of course the collateral damage is massive too, but probably necessary because the truth will set us all free.

Animator

I seriously can't believe Trump is gonna skip this debate. Just crazy. Anyway, great OP again. Can't wait for the debate.

Nothing crazy about it. I doubt Trump had the intelligence to come up with it himself but someone on his campaign is a genius. He had everything to lose and nothing to gain by being on this debate. Now it is going to be the most awkward debate ever. It is like when the main band cancelled the show but the shitty opening bands are still playing.

sangreal

I'm almost tempted to watch this, just to see all the rehearsed Trump attacks, especially from Cruz, lobbed against an empty chair

who am I kidding though, I am going to watch Trump's train wreck event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom