• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republicans vote to move ahead on Obamacare repeal

Remember when both sides where the same?

We have such fucked people in this country that if there was no shred of the ACA left and people started to drop dead left and right, they'll still blame it on Obama. I fucking hate how dumb and ignorant we are as a country.

Kevinroc

As I said in the Community thread of PoliGAF, I don't think they expect the Democrats to ever have the White House, The House, and 50+ in the Senate again. They must know the precedent they have just set will be followed up on in that scenario.

AmyS

Shit, so the repeal has passed ?? :(

Edit: I can't read, it's just a big bad step forward (backwards!) but still, fuck :(

Shauni

My Obamacare isn't saving me money at this point, as its roughly the same price as other options out there. When Obamacare began, in that first year, it was great for me. Now its horribly overpriced. I'm willing to take my chances with whatever plan the Republicans come up with because if its worse than Obamacare well, its not much of a loss.

Oh, it will be quite a loss, friend, unless you are the pinnacle of health, and even then you are probably going to be paying more.

You'd think you guys would be happy. The longer this process drags on with no end in sight, the less time they have to pass other stuff that Democrats don't want.

daveo42

Banned
While cancer can go get fucked and I feel for McCain because he has cancer, fuck him and the rest of the GOP because they want to deny healthcare while also reaping the benefits of their own government insurance. Anyone not in McCain's shoes (or in congress) would probably be dead or in a massive pile of debt just to eek out the last few months of their life.

FUCK. THEM. ALL.

This is just to open debate, there's no real weight behind this vote, let's see when push comes to shove and Republicans vote against their constituents. This'll be a landslide/super majority midterm if they actually go through with it.

I know the bar has been set incredibly low, but they can't actually be that stupid, right?

Oh, it will be quite a loss, friend, unless you are the pinnacle of health, and even then you are probably going to be paying more.

Not only that, it's possible he just loses any kind of real health care that could benefit him. And when that's gone, good luck getting the fuck back in because of how much it's going to cost. Funny how people think it's expensive now under ACA when they have no idea how bad they are going to get fucked by what the GOP wants to do.

NewFresh

My Obamacare isn't saving me money at this point, as its roughly the same price as other options out there. When Obamacare began, in that first year, it was great for me. Now its horribly overpriced. I'm willing to take my chances with whatever plan the Republicans come up with because if its worse than Obamacare well, its not much of a loss.

I have a feeling that the only way you will save money is by not having any insurance. Sooooooo YAY! Options!

UqmB9rT.png

Shauni

As I said in the Community thread of PoliGAF, I don't think they expect the Democrats to ever have the White House, The House, and 50+ in the Senate again. They must know the precedent they have just set will be followed up on in that scenario.

The GOP have shown many times, and this time especially, that they do not think about the long-term in any meaningful way. I honestly doubt anyone within the leadership of the party has given even a moment's thought to this.

So much for the tolerant left

When you intentionally vote for something that will lead to millions losing coverage and eventually leading to more deaths that could have been avoided, yeah, I'm sure wishing him stepping on Lego pieces is the enemy here.

...Unless you were being sarcastic?

When you intentionally vote for something that will lead to millions losing coverage and eventually leading to more deaths that could have been avoided, yeah, I'm sure wishing him stepping on Lego pieces is the enemy here.

It was a joke. Sorry, forgot my /s!

Acorn

He is.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wow such Maverick™

Collins will always be the closest thing to being a maverick on that godforsaken party.

The happiest scenario would have been for this motion to not pass.

At the moment maybe. But imagine if I come back in time from 2018 and told you Republicans wasted 12-16 months chasing the healthcare dragon only to come up with nothing and squandered their chance to pass anything else they promised?

MechaX

You... either won't have insurance at all, or shit like the Cruz amendment will triple your costs beyond what you're already paying.

And you still want to take your chances with this?

gimmmick

I don't normally vote on mid term election, but I'll be more than happy to vote Heller out of office for this bullshit.

I hope all those assholes get what's coming to them. God dammit.

Also, fuck ANYONE that doubted them.
Lick my ass, you self-righteous maverick-worshipping idiots.

Alphahawk

Nothings actually happening.

No bill has actually been passed, they're just debating it like they've done a billion times before. The debate will fail just like all the other times.People were less weary about voting for the discussion to take place because, again, no actual bill has been passed.

It failed before, it will fail again.

daveo42

Banned

Hopefully you won't need insurance after the markets explode and it costs even more than it does now for the bare minimum. At least then you won't need to pay for insurance even tho you're fucked if you get sick or injured?

How many lone wolf widows do you think there are going to be among 15-30 million newly uninsured Americans?

This is a serious question, I don't think Republicans have considered at the moment, but they should.

Desperate people with absolutely nothing to lose can be very dangerous.

Top Bottom