• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident DOOM ?

Vieo

Wouldn't it be great if someone, using DOOM's engine (DOOM II), remade Resident Evil (PSOne) and called it 'Resident DOOM'? I mean, they convert the entire game to DOOM's engine so you can play in first person. The mansion gets recreated and all of the locked doors are there and you need to find the keys and solve the puzzles, and all that good stuff... Instead of attacking with a chainsaw, you get Chris's combat knife. You only get the rocket launcher at the end of the game, and instead of fighting just a tyrant, you have to defeat a Tyrant AND a Cyber Demon at the same time!!!!

Considering you don't do any jumping in Resident Evil, I think it would work out nicely. :D

I'd love just to see the locale recreated using the engine myself! That'd be enough!
I remember loving a cheesy horror Total Conversion for Quake years ago... :p

But yeah I think it'd work. Torch or knife at any one time if you choose Chris... you can't get the shotgun easily and the rest goes as you said. Torch and handgun / shotgun early on in the game if you choose Jill. Imagine a grizzly fat Barry rendered with the Doom 3 engine.

If this were to be done, I'd prefer a poly engine that can handle overlapping (visible) sectors. Doom's engine is too primitive for such a task unless you're willing to take a serious hit on aesthetics and basic level design.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I'd buy it, but only if they remove strafe and only allow me to change weapons in the menu.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
radioheadrule83 said:
I remember loving a cheesy horror Total Conversion for Quake years ago... :p

Probably "They Hunger", for Half-life. It came on pc-gamer's CD, and it was awesome.

That would be kickass, but you know what other vibe I got right away when playing doom 3?

ALIENS!!

Space Horror at its finest! I surely can't be the only one who was thinking this while playing?!! I mean, its almost the perfect Alien game already... all it needs is the aliens swarming down the hallways on the ceilings and walls and shit.. :)

EmSeta

clipunderground said:
That would be kickass, but you know what other vibe I got right away when playing doom 3?

ALIENS!!

Space Horror at its finest! I surely can't be the only one who was thinking this while playing?!! I mean, its almost the perfect Alien game already... all it needs is the aliens swarming down the hallways on the ceilings and walls and shit.. :)

Did you know that Doom 1 was supposed to be an Alien game from the start? As id started to realize the possibilities of the game, they made it a standalone IP.

EmSeta said:
Did you know that Doom 1 was supposed to be an Alien game from the start? As id started to realize the possibilities of the game, they made it a standalone IP.

Really? Interesting. I think at least an Aliens mod should come out for doom 3. It's begging to be turned into an Aliens game I thinks. :)

Top Bottom