• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I marked out in Jake ch.5 five when he
did Nova's "Ya like that?!" after beating up on the Ustanak.
I hope that was intentional. Really liked that chapter.

who cares how cute Jill is, she's awesome because she
used to be
badass.

resident_evil_6__no_jill_by_smocza-d59vx5e.jpg
saw this on tumbler
why is Excella in storage? she dead.

Arklite

I might as well upload these screenshots too. Jake and Sherry fanservice. Minor spoilers of chapter 3 of Jake campaign.

Skipped Sherry in her gown? Criminal. Nice shots, though. Been re-watching cut scenes and I think Leon's are probably the least memorable of the bunch.

I honestly think the 4's this game received are criminal. Just finished it in 22 hours and I loved everything except for Jake's campaign. The last chapter or so got alot better.

Sectus

Because she takes the important role of the clumsy, stupid girl who turns out to be a complete badass once she starts wasting monsters with grenade launchers and shotguns.

Fixed.

Although now as we got Sherry, I do think she's become mostly redudant. I'm not even sure how they would re-introduce Rebecca. She relies too much on her young cutesy looks and personality. They can utilize that when bringing her back as in Reunion by just having her be the same age. But I don't know how they portray her now as she's around 30 years old.

That said, I'm all for Capcom just being lazy and re-using assets from RE5 so we can get RE5 mercenaries characters into RE6 mercs. I'm all for that. They might as well port over the same maps too. I wouldn't mind the laziness, and I'd even pay for it.

Esura

Banned
Fixed.

Although now as we got Sherry, I do think she's become mostly redudant. I'm not even sure how they would re-introduce Rebecca. She relies too much on her young cutesy looks and personality. They can utilize that when bringing her back as in Reunion by just having her be the same age. But I don't know how they portray her now as she's around 30 years old.

That said, I'm all for Capcom just being lazy and re-using assets from RE5 so we can get RE5 mercenaries characters into RE6 mercs. I'm all for that. They might as well port over the same maps too. I wouldn't mind the laziness, and I'd even pay for it.

Make Rebecca the sexy but clumsy medic for BSAA now who is insecure about her looks because of her age but kicks ass anyways and will take on the Los Majiavo in RE7.

Playing RE5 Reunion made me a true believer of Rebecca.

Esura

Banned
do you guys only like characters because of how cute/sexy they are? jeez. :(

Not going to lie to ya...

...yup. Not ashamed to admit it. I like Sherry, Rebecca, Jill and Sheva cause they cute and sexy. Them being actual decent characters would be a bonus.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I like Chris because he is baller. He could probably get into a fistfight with a Tyrant and win. Hell, I think the way Resident Evil as a series will end is with Chris finding the original source of all these infections and falcon punching the virus out of him/her/it.

Sectus

I'd kill to get Barry too. I wanna taunt enemies by saying "What's the matter? Outta ammo?" when they're on the ground and not even carrying a weapon, and then shooting them with Barry's magnum. That was easily the highlight when playing as Barry in reuniuon.

Edit: Oh, and Josh. He's a must too for his lines alone. "I am a legend!"

And of course, it goes without saying, but Wesker should return too. But only if they get DC Douglas to voice him again.

Nope, was only a factor for Rebecca.
Jill, Ada and Sherry I like for different reasons.

Claire on the other hand, major meh outside of being Chris' sister.

edit: finally satisfied with the editing of my RE themed avatar.

I kind of get what they were going for, but I legitimately felt bad for everyone that crossed Leon and Helena's way.
They pretty much leave everyone they encounter to die and seem to barely put in any effort to protect them. I usually don't feel bad for random NPcs in games, but for some reason this game made me care for a few of them a bit. I was sad to see the old dude and the Japanese guy die together at the end of chapter 1, they were introduced last but were my favorite of the initial survivors.

Then in Chapter 2 as pointed out Leon and Helena opened up the way for the area to get stormed and nearly everyone dies in there without Leon and Helena saying anything, and then they just leave the last survivor alone to die as she calls out for her friend.

And then the fucking BSAA soldiers that are helping them in chapter 5 they seem to give no damns for. First there's the BSAA solders who are needlessly sacrificing themselves for Leon and Helena to survive from the gas. The best one was the guy who was getting grabbed by like, twenty zombies, and sacrifices himself to let them through. And then Leon simply says good luck. GOOD LUCK!? The guy just sacrificed his life for you and was being grabbed by twenty zombies and being a true hero and all you can say is good luck!? Then they leave the BSAA soldier to die who comes to save them in the helicopter, and they have no response to when the guy in the jeep dies. Leon comments when he comes into the boss arena that he's glad to see he's safe, but then has no reaction when he dies.
This is one of my bigger gripes with this game. This kinda stuff takes me out of the moment just as much as any badly scripted gameplay segment. It's totaly against the characters character.

Lucent

I gotta say it's funny when you find cheap shortcuts the developers took on some things. I bring this up because I played Leon's first two chapters last night and
when you go through that apartment with the dead people on the couch and the TV is on, the news guy is a static image and his mouth is made up of two pictures basically (open mouth and closed mouth) just cycling without even attempting to be timed with what he's saying.

And the
cathedral gave me some very RE4/DMC vibes when you were exploring it. And I thought the statues equipped with crossbows or whatever they had was a great way to say "here's where those acrobatic skills may be useful". I think I only got hit once while doing it but it was kind of fun.

Noi

Welp, I can confirm that the
chainsaw B.O.W.
in final campaign 3 is 100% beatable without firing a single shot at him, as he's a fully scripted event except for when you have to take the key off him. You just have to
keep swinging from both ends of the bus until he gets hit by the sign twice, then run circles around him until both trains come.
Kind of underwhelming.

On the flipside, in Leon Chapter 4,
Simmons running next to the train
isn't scripted.
He slowly takes out chunks of the train as part of his pattern, but he'll stop once he takes off all the cover and just keeps shooting at you until you do enough damage.

Holy shit, I just invaded a guys game as a Rasklapanje and killed him. That was awesome. Someone at Capcom has been taking notes from Demons Souls. :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Was the downfall of Tall Oaks from the demo?

Oh, no. The demo the University was kind of already infected by the time you got there. The downfall starts occurring about 15-25 minutes after where the public demo ended when you reach the city streets of Tall Oaks.

Dusk Golem

Why does everyone love Rebecca so much? She's so forgettable.

Because she takes the important role of the clumsy, stupid girl.

:(

I actually like Rebecca, but I really don't like the direction they took her in... Originally the reason I liked her was because while she was naive, she had enough reason and and drive to face an unknown horror and while she was definitely had a few 'cute' attributes, she was more of an intellect than most RE main characters and a bit more of a human element (she still remains the only RE character who gets stressed out enough to have a breakdown in any of the RE games, given she is the first one of the main characters who's not a villain to face BOWs and has to go through two of these scenarios right after another) I thought she had a good dynamic with most of the characters she interacted with, IE Billy, Enrico, Chris, etc.

In Umbrella Chronicles they started to make her more ditzy and moody, and then in RE5's Mercenaries Reunion they went full on airhead schoolgirl trope which made me really sad on the inside.

DonMigs85

Can anybody help me in RE6 chapter 5 in the submarine tunnel part?
A guide told me I needed to use Chris to get the first emblem, so I used him but now am stuck since I'm out of ammo and he lacks the grenade launcher, shotgun and rifle (I played as Piers in all the previous chapters). I'd rather not have to start over again with Piers.

Dusk Golem

Can anybody help me in RE6 chapter 5 in the submarine tunnel part?
A guide told me I needed to use Chris to get the first emblem, so I used him but now am stuck since I'm out of ammo and he lacks the grenade launcher, shotgun and rifle (I played as Piers in all the previous chapters). I'd rather not have to start over again with Piers.

This is going to sound crazy, but the knife is incredibly useful tool again
Chris's final boss.
Just keep to the bosses backside or sides and he won't be able to hit you. His weakpoint at the beginning is
his tail
, and in the second fight it is
the boils on either side of his body.

I'm replaying the game on professional and I’m finding that I’m enjoying some sections of the game more a second time...

Jake’s chapter 2 however is still absolutely awful. The snow storm section specifically is really bad and simply not fun at all.

DonMigs85

This is going to sound crazy, but the knife is incredibly useful tool again
Chris's final boss.
Just keep to the bosses backside or sides and he won't be able to hit you. His weakpoint at the beginning is
his tail
, and in the second fight it is
the boils on either side of his body.

I'm in the part where
you gotta shoot his hand out of your way in the tunnel
but don't have ammo or the grenade launcher with me :(
I could start over again as Piers, but ughhh

Riposte

I'm replaying the game on professional and I’m finding that I’m enjoying some sections of the game more a second time...

Jake’s chapter 2 however is still absolutely awful. The snow storm section specifically is really bad and simply not fun at all.

The first half of Jake Chapter 2 is I think the worst part of the game. The 2nd half annoyed me until I figured out how to handle the enemies silently.

Dusk Golem

I'm in the part where
you gotta shoot his hand out of your way in the tunnel
but don't have ammo or the grenade launcher with me :(
I could start over again as Piers, but ughhh

Hmn, look a the beginning of that section as I know the game gave me some shotgun and grenade launcher rounds at the beginning tunnel as I entered that area with absolutely no ammo as well the first time.

DonMigs85

Hmn, look a the beginning of that section as I know the game gave me some shotgun and grenade launcher rounds at the beginning tunnel as I entered that area with absolutely no ammo as well the first time.

That's the problem - Chris only has the 909 and his other gun.
Unless I can find a human to play with, I gotta replay the chapter as Piers, since Piers has the good weapons.

Esura

Banned
RE5 Rebecca also voiced SF4 Sakura right? My brain didn't make that up?

*mind blown*

She did? Holy shit. No wonder I like Rebecca so much in RE5. Sakura is one of my favorite fighting game characters ever and her English voice actress did her justice. Sucks I can't get those Tatsu loop links down though. :(

Noi

It's that time again. Chris Chapters 4 and 5. Professional. PS3. Any takers? I need to get this platinum out of my life.

Bladenic

It's that time again. Chris Chapters 4 and 5. Professional. PS3. Any takers? I need to get this platinum out of my life.

YES it's exactly what I'm on! I been playing as Piers though and I know you have too if I remember correctly. I've also been emblem hunting at the same time.

Thing is I'm not sure I can get on tonight, not for a little while longer at least.

Top Bottom