• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaa? In what part of Jake's campaign could you fall down an "ice hill?" I don't recall encountering this.

Also, Sectus: Glad to see a Solo Helena 1 Mercs run. So far my favorite character to use in Mercs (though admittedly, haven't unlocked Sherry, Piers,
Ada
and
Carla
yet). I've Duo S-ranked the default forms of the other characters so far, though.

A question: How do I link up to RE.net?

And a declaration: Urban Chaos is one of the greatest Mercs maps in the history of The Mercenaries.

:)

Jake Chapter 2 when you're searching for the keys. I never fell down the hill either, but I saw a few video reviews where the player falls down and just sliiiiiides all the way down to the bottom of the hill.

So as I mentioned yesterday my favorite Mercs characters are Chris, Sherry EX, and
Carla
. The great thing about them is they all have OHK melee attacks from both the front and back, as well as a great loadout of guns. Sherry is especially good since she also starts with two red herbs which means picking up one or two green herbs essentially sets you up well for the entirety of the round. Chris is great because he probably has the fastest way to dispatch zombies - shoot them in the arm then follow it up with the neck-breaker melee.

Also I actually like Mining the Depths more than Urban Chaos.

Curufinwe

What are some good skills for playing as Jake?

I finished Chris chapter 2 last night, so tonight I'll start Jake's campaign.

And can someone explain the boss fight in Chris chapter 2? I finally beat it, but I'm sure it could have been done in five minutes if I knew how.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What are some good skills for playing as Jake?

I finished Chris chapter 2 last night, so tonight I'll start Jake's campaign.

And can someone explain the boss fight in Chris chapter 2? I finally beat it, but I'm sure it could have been done in five minutes if I knew how.

The giant fleshy thing hanging out of its back is the weakpoint. When you shoot it enough the monster should topple over, allowing a player that is on a higher level of a building (there are always multi-level buildings in the fights against these things) to jump on top of it with a QTE that involves them pulling a spike from the monsters back and stabbing it straight into the weakpoint. The Ogre that doesn't have his weakpoint exposed can get it exposed by a character jumping on top of his back when he topples over in the same manner.

Fayte19

Neo Member
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not regarding the ice hill in Jake's campaign (possible minor spoiler)
but if you're having trouble making the climb you can always shoot the snowmobile riding J'avo off of his ride and commandeer it. Makes the climb much easier.

Neiteio

So when are they releasing the Sexy Mercs Costumes like Magic Mike Leon, Naughty Teacher Helena, Firefighter Stripper Chris, etc?

Update on my opinion of the game.

Played Leon first.

Close but no cigar. Not fantastic but not bad.

Chris

I wanted to sell the game back to Gamestop. Horrible campaign. Absolutely awful. Made Leon's campaign seem awesome by comparison. Aside from the gameplay aspects and game design, Chris wasn't even likable. Horrible.

I just got through Jakes 2nd chapter.

My favorite so far. This feels like what I thought the game would be. Several things I like better; the HUD is 1000 times better, the controls are better, the areas are better, the story is better. There are exploratory sections and parts where you can just kind of search around. It's good.

So right now, if it weren't for Chris' campaign this game would be awesome.

Dusk Golem

Update on my opinion of the game.

Played Leon first.

Close but no cigar. Not fantastic but not bad.

Chris

I wanted to sell the game back to Gamestop. Horrible campaign. Absolutely awful. Made Leon's campaign seem awesome by comparison. Aside from the gameplay aspects and game design, Chris wasn't even likable. Horrible.

I just got through Jakes 2nd chapter.

My favorite so far. This feels like what I thought the game would be. Several things I like better; the HUD is 1000 times better, the controls are better, the areas are better, the story is better. There are exploratory sections and parts where you can just kind of search around. It's good.

So right now, if it weren't for Chris' campaign this game would be awesome.

While opinions on all of the campaigns vary greatly from individual to individual, you'll be happy to know that Chris's campaign gets much better starting near the end of chapter 2 and progressively gets better and better with a few stumbles (The Jeep section and helicopter boss have to be two of the games lowest points). Chapter 4 for Chris is great and I am happy many others agree his end game is quite something.

Bladenic

There's one section in Jake 1 that's practically straight up horror and that kind of surprised and freaked me out at first.
The part where you walk through a warehouse or something and you have to use your flash light. There are a bunch of creepy mannequins around with weird creepy faces. Then you keep going and in the distance is what I think is a graffiti face on the wall, but its creepy especially since you can't tell what it is from a distance at first.

There's one section in Jake one that's practically straight up horror and that kind of surprised and freaked me out at first.
The part where you walk through a warehouse or something and you have to use your flash light. There are a bunch of creepy mannequins around with weird creepy faces. Then you keep going and in the distance is what I think is a graffiti face on the wall, but its creepy especially since you can't tell what it is from a distance at first.

Yeah, my friend and I were walking and aiming the whole time there. "I SWEAR IF ONE OF THOSE THINGS MOVE"...

Arklite

There's one section in Jake one that's practically straight up horror and that kind of surprised and freaked me out at first.

Oh man, my co-op buddy was freakin out over that shit. He had me go into that pitch black room first, hah. That was a surprising change of imagery.

Dusk Golem

I really liked that section too. I was disappointed that nothing came out of it though. While I'm pretty sure it was just there since the designers thought it might be cool to put it there, I wish it could of gone on longer with more pay-off. There's so much they could of explored with the setting/oddities of that scene, GIVEN that the area reminded me of Condemned.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I thought it was kinda survival-horrorish when
Carla....
had her literal
meltdown

I mean, everyone already knew there was going to be an RE7, yes?

Yo dude looks like we're ranked 581 on Mining the Depths. Haha not bad!

BTW what do you guys think is the best strategy for a 150 combo on Steel Beast? Is it best to have one guy up top and one guy on the bottom? Running from one floor to the other looking for enemies is an easy way to lose your combo...

Not bad at all. And we can try that strategy on Steel Beast a little later if you want to.

Evolved1

Totally agree. That boss-ish encounter was one of the stronger moments in the game, IMO. Horror, novelty, and brevity.

And yet they still managed to cram a
crappy run sequence into it

I absolutely adore this game, but I can still admit its faults when I see 'em. haha

Neiteio

I absolutely adore this game, but I can still admit its faults when I see 'em. haha
RE6 is like your Uncle Jim when he's drunk on Christmas Eve -- totally fun and a cool guy, but sometimes you ask "WTF is he thinking," lol.

Dusk Golem

The more time that passes, the more I think I like this game. The game is somewhat cluttered with ideas and I do wish some more of them were executed better, but the game is littered with moments that I really enjoyed and remember very fondly. In fact just thinking of these moments make me want to hop into the game again.

The mechanics are the games butter and really is what holds the whole package together even when from a design standpoint it had shortcomings, but I believe the game itself has some legitimately great moments as well. I'm just going to post a list of stand-out moments for me.

-The section in the subway tunnel in Leon's Chapter 1 I thought was really well done, it apparently was one of the first areas they designed for the game when trying to come up with a direction for Resident Evil 6. I do kind of wish they had more areas like it.

-The downfall of Tall Oaks in Leon's Chapter 1. Strong RE2 vibes and I found myself really getting caught-up in the feeling everything was going to hell. I'd even go as far to say this was one of the best 'the world is going to hell all around you' executions in any game ever.

-The
Cathedral
of Leon's chapter 2. This whole segment was just full of RE4 vibes, and I liked it. I've heard mixed reception about this segment but I'm in the crowd that liked it.

-I didn't really like Leon's Chapter 3 all that much (even though visually it was interesting, I just didn't think it was designed that well), but I loved the boss
watersliding with a giant mutant shark.

-The beginning
airplane flight
of Leon's chapter 4 was both very flashy but very well done in my opinion.

-
The meat market with the regenerating enemies
was a great change of pace to the action-filled intro of Leon's Chapter 4 and was good fun for me.

-I also loved the boss fight of Leon's Chapter 4.

-Say what you will about how flawed Leon's final chapter is, but I actually really liked
Dinosaur Simmons. The whole fight reminded me so much of the fight with the Tyrannosaurus Rex on the helipad in Dino Crisis.

-In Chris's Chapter 3,
hunting the giant snake
was actually quite tense and fun. One of my favorite boss fights in the game.

-The first half of Chris's Chapter 4 reminded me a lot of the best parts of RE5, which I believe were demonstrated well in RE5's Desperate Escape DLC... When the game puts you at well multi-layered stages where you have to face against odds and be strategic to survive.
Helped I like the Base J'Avos so much more than their normal counterparts... Why the hell do the Base J'Avo use guns a lot less than normal J'Avo? XD

-At the end of Chris's Chapter 4
I have no idea what the verdict is on this section, but I actually legitimately enjoyed the harrier segment.

-Chris lower deck section in Chapter 4 was an amazing
nod to Revelations. Loved the explorable design and closed-corridor tenseness that came with enemies that regenerate and could pop up anywhere.

-While it can be a bit frustrating until you figure it out, I actually quite like Chris's final boss.

-I liked all of Jake's second chapter. I played this one co-op after a friend had played it and he kept telling me how bad and difficult it was, but I didn't die once at this segment on my first go in pro and actually had a lot of fun with it (though he kept dying). I enjoyed
the snow field, the sneaking section, and yes, even the avalanche.

-I really liked Jake's third chapter too. The
Mirror's Edge/sneaking section with Jake and Sherry in fan service mode
was a nice change of pace, and exploring the
Chinese mansion
was a lot of fun and very aesthetically pleasing for myself.

-I liked the
Chainsaw boss
in Jake's chapter 4
and Ada's chapter 3.

-I liked all of Jake's final chapter. Loved his final boss, loved his final stage.

I can make a list of
Ada's
campaign stuff later but enjoyed a lot of that too. Just listing all of that makes me want to play through the game again right now.

In comparison, if I had to pick out the stand-out moments from RE5 for me:
-Public Assembly of course, but I will admit its impact was dampened because it was the same scene from RE4 again.
-I enjoyed the build-up to and the first Uroboros boss fight.
-I actually really liked most all of Chapter 2-1 in RE5.
-I liked the bat-bug boss at the end of 2-2.
-I liked all of 3-1, with the boat and the village fight afterward.
-I liked the part with the chainsaw guys in the oil field where you're turning valves in 3-2.
-Honestly, who doesn't love 5-1 in Resident Evil 5? Loved the Licker stuff and the boss.
-I actually really enjoyed 5-3 in RE5. Yes, even the spinning platform section.
-Liked 6-2 and its boss battle.
-Loved the beginning exploding ship section of 6-3 and the following first Wesker battle (wasn't as big of a fan of the volcano battle).

And though it doesn't count since RE6 still doesn't have any campaign DLC, I thought Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape were the best parts of RE5 for me personally. If I had to choose my absolute favorite parts of RE5, it would be (on-par with one another) 2-1, 3-1, 5-1, Lost in Nightmares, and Desperate Escape.

Neiteio

The more time that passes, the more I think I like this game. The game is somewhat cluttered with ideas and I do wish some more of them were executed better, but the game is littered with moments that I really enjoyed and remember very fondly. In fact just thinking of these moments make me want to hop into the game again.

The mechanics are the games butter and really is what holds the whole package together even when from a design standpoint it had shortcomings, but I believe the game itself has some legitimately great moments as well. I'm just going to post a list of stand-out moments for me.

-The section in the subway tunnel in Leon's Chapter 1 I thought was really well done, it apparently was one of the first areas they designed for the game when trying to come up with a direction for Resident Evil 6. I do kind of wish they had more areas like it.

-The downfall of Tall Oaks in Leon's Chapter 1. Strong RE2 vibes and I found myself really getting caught-up in the feeling everything was going to hell. I'd even go as far to say this was one of the best 'the world is going to hell all around you' executions in any game ever.

-The
Cathedral
of Leon's chapter 2. This whole segment was just full of RE4 vibes, and I liked it. I've heard mixed reception about this segment but I'm in the crowd that liked it.

-I didn't really like Leon's Chapter 3 all that much (even though visually it was interesting, I just didn't think it was designed that well), but I loved the boss

-The beginning
airplane flight

-
was a great change of pace to the action-filled intro of Leon's Chapter 4 and was good fun for me.

-Say what you will about how flawed Leon's final chapter is, but I actually really liked
Dinosaur Simmons. The whole fight reminded me so much of the fight with the Tyrannosaurus Rex on the helipad in Dino Crisis.

-In Chris's Chapter 3,
hunting the giant snake

-The first half of Chris's Chapter 4 reminded me a lot of the best parts of RE5, which I believe were demonstrated well in RE5's Desperate Escape DLC... When the game puts you at well multi-layered stages where you have to face against odds and be strategic to survive.
Helped I like the Base J'Avos so much more than their normal counterparts... Why the hell do the Base J'Avo use guns a lot less than normal J'Avo? XD

I have no idea what the verdict is on this section, but I actually legitimately enjoyed the harrier segment.

nod to Revelations. Loved the explorable design and closed-corridor tenseness that came with enemies that regenerate and could pop up anywhere.

-While it can be a bit frustrating until you figure it out, I actually quite like Chris's final boss.

-I liked all of Jake's second chapter. I played this one co-op after a friend had played it and he kept telling me how bad and difficult it was, but I didn't die once at this segment on my first go in pro and actually had a lot of fun with it (though he kept dying). I enjoyed

Chinese mansion

-I liked the
Chainsaw boss
in Jake's chapter 4
and Ada's chapter 3.

-I liked all of Jake's final chapter. Loved his final boss, loved his final stage.

I can make a list of
Ada's
campaign stuff later but enjoyed a lot of that too. Just listing all of that makes me want to play through the game again right now.

-Public Assembly of course, but I will admit its impact was dampened because it was the same scene from RE4 again.
-I liked the part with the chainsaw guys in the oil field where you're turning valves in 3-2.
-Honestly, who doesn't love 5-1 in Resident Evil 5? Loved the Licker stuff and the boss.
-Loved the beginning exploding ship section of 6-3 and the following first Wesker battle (wasn't as big of a fan of the volcano battle).

And though it doesn't count since RE6 still doesn't have any campaign DLC, I thought Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape were the best parts of RE5 for me personally. If I had to choose my absolute favorite parts of RE5, it would be (on-par with one another) 2-1, 3-1, 5-1, Lost in Nightmares, and Desperate Escape.
I still have to do everyone's fifth chapter, but I agree with everything you said that I've played myself. :) I replayed Chris Ch. 4 the other night because I needed the last emblem and man, what a fun chapter the second time around. It was interesting the first time, but knowing what to expect combat-wise the second time through made it AWESOME. (Especially the "three passwords" bit!)

Neiteio

Dusk Golem

I still have to do everyone's fifth chapter, but I agree with everything you said that I've played myself. :) I replayed Chris Ch. 4 the other night because I needed the last emblem and man, what a fun chapter the second time around. It was interesting the first time, but knowing what to expect combat-wise the second time through made it AWESOME. (Especially the "three passwords" bit!)

I wish the game was designed more around the highs, as been said I think the highs of RE6 are really good,and if only the game had more of them, less QTEs and a bit more quality assurance for the areas designed less well this could of been a serious contender for one of my favorite RE games. As it is now RE6 sits above RE5 for me, but below RE4, RE2, and REmake.

If I had to pick favorite chapters in RE6 (there's some segments I love in chapters, but that doesn't make me love the whole chapter) in no particular order:

-Leon Chapter 2
-Leon Chapter 4
-Chris Chapter 4
-Jake Chapter 3
-Jake Chapter 5
-Ada Chapter 2
-Ada Chapter 4

A few chapters come really close (such as Leon 1 or Jake 2 for me), but those I would define as my favorites. To be honest, I am really excited for campaign DLC for RE6 in the future. As I said, I thought RE5's DLC was the best part of the game for me, I thought both chapters really nailed the formula of RE5 in completely different directions to give me my two personal favorite chapters. I have faith that Capcom will be able to pinpoint what qualities people really like about RE6 and make great future DLC for the game as well.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Agreed 100%. I think it's one of the most memorable levels I've ever played in a game, it's just so well realized and hectic.

-

Oh god, I hate this enemy. Am I the only one that doesn't find it scary at all? It's just really annoying. It reminds me of the two similar bosses in Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2 where it's just annoying having to constantly avoid them. I generally hate
invincible
enemies in games, they're such a cheap way to add "challenge" or "tension."

-In Chris's Chapter 3,
hunting the giant snake

That was easily one of the highlights of the game for me.

I loved it too. I actually really enjoyed all these "alternative gameplay" segments in the game.

Chinese mansion

Far and away my favorite chapter in the entire game. I loved both locations from an aesthetic viewpoint, and I would love nothing more than having a Mercenaries map based on the
Chinese mansion.

Jake's campaign was easily my favorite, and I don't think there was a single section in his game that bothered me, with the exception of the annoying enemy I mentioned above. God I hate that enemy. I think he also had the best end boss, followed closely by Chris' end boss.

Dusk Golem

Oh god, I hate this enemy. Am I the only one that doesn't find it scary at all? It's just really annoying. It reminds me of the two similar bosses in Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2 where it's just annoying having to constantly avoid them. I generally hate
invincible
enemies in games, they're such a cheap way to add "challenge" or "tension."

I don't find them scary, but I do find them to be fun and challenging enemies who can provide some tense moments. Part of the reason I like them I think is because how different they are to the other enemies in the game. They essentially are like a combination of the
Ooze
from Revelations and the
Regenerators
from RE4. I know this is kind of a weird thing to say, but I find them strangely cute. I think it is the way they behave and the reverb honking noise they make, possibly.

They're also pretty fun to play as in Agent Hunt Mode, personally speaking.

Evolved1

I don't find them scary, but I do find them to be fun and challenging enemies who can provide some tense moments. Part of the reason I like them I think is because how different they are to the other enemies in the game. They essentially are like a combination of the
Ooze
from Revelations and the
Regenerators
from RE4. I know this is kind of a weird thing to say, but I find them strangely cute. I think it is the way they behave and the reverb honking noise they make, possibly.

I suck as them in AH.

I don't mind them too much in Chris' section, but when they mix in other enemies on top of a few of those in a narrow, confusing area
cough Ada cough
they are kinda shitty.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ooze
from Revelations and the
Regenerators

It's funny because in later levels I just avoided fighting them, since
shooting them splits them up into multiple pieces which can all track and attack you.
So instead I just sprinted past the one back and forth on my way to find the objective. If dealt with that way it is quite possibly the most inept and sad enemy in the entire game.

Dude how do you capture these at such high quality? They look great! I still maintain that RE6 has some of the best facial animations in a video game btw.

Yesterday when I
killed Lepotitsa in the church
I was surprised to see one survivor alive. Alone and blind(?) and looking for someone she knew (who was dead) you can do nothing excepth to leave her there waiting death.

The way the game handles the whole survivors stuff is so ridiculous...

Noi

You guys are nuts, the Rasklapanje are some of the best enemies in the game. That and they give a meaty skillpoint reward when you take them out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yesterday when I
I was surprised to see one survivor alive. Alone and blind(?) and looking for someone she knew (who was dead) you can do nothing excepth to leave her there waiting death.

That part is so hilariously fucked up.
Leon and Helena open the path and basically let everyone die and never even mention it.

Hell, they're bad luck in general. All the survivors from chapter 1 die, the Cathedral gets wiped, everyone on the plane dies...
I also noticed replaying Leon's chapter 5
when the giant explosion is happening, the helicopter gets close to the ground and a guy jumps out on top of a truck to wave you in then just gets eaten in the explosion. Guy basically committed suicide for no reason.

Dusk Golem

I suck as them in AH.

I don't mind them too much in Chris' section, but when they mix in other enemies on top of a few of those in a narrow, confusing area
cough Ada cough
they are kinda shitty.

A few tips against them or when playing as them:
-NEVER let them grab you if they still have their hand(s). That will be a one hit kill unless you partner is near you to melee or shoot them off of you in time. They can only grab you from the front and if you're near them (and they have an animation they do before they do this move), so be careful of that.
-However, their grab is not nearly as useful if they don't have their hands and have a QTE to get out of it if they don't.
-The hands themselves are pretty useless except stunning you to let the monster attack you. Though always kill the hands when you get a chance, they have an 100% chance of dropping skill points.
-When split in half the two halves are pretty useless by themselves, they both are mainly annoyances but not real threats (though they can recombine).
-Just know that the amount of time it takes for them to regenerate depends on the difficulty, and when they come back they will always come closer to you by taking the nearest vent grate.

The problem comes if you have several of these things surrounding you, they can recombine easily and can surround you to either have a knock-down party with you or greatly increase the risk of grappling you. However, they all are pretty easy to put out of commission for a while and they are pretty slow. Keeping on the move works pretty well, and you can always hear them coming because of that honking noise.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I blocked it out of my memory, I guess. Overall, I didn't like many sections of Ada's campaign. I'm not sure if it's actually the worst, or if I was just really tired of the game's flaws (and probably getting a little bored of the stuff I do like, too) by the time I got to it.

Neiteio

God, that one
Carla
capture Sectus did (with the 35 in the filename) where she's kind of doing this twisted smirk is just sooo good.

Yesterday when I

Oh man, if you're a survivor NPC in this game, you're fucked. And after awhile, Leon and Helena just seem to not give a shit, lol. The Lepotitsa is probably my favorite creature design in the game, btw.

You guys are nuts, the Rasklapanje are some of the best enemies in the game. That and they give a meaty skillpoint reward when you take them out.
Agreed. I actually think the Rasklapanje are terrifying! It's not so much the fact they're
indestructible
and can
multiply
as it is the weird, lurching way they move. I squeeze past them in doorways and go, "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

I liked Ada's campaign, but it possibly has the worst enemy encounters in the game. The combat system dosn't have the chance to shine like in the other campaigns.

Dusk Golem

That part is so hilariously fucked up.
Leon and Helena open the path and basically let everyone die and never even mention it.

Hell, they're bad luck in general. All the survivors from chapter 1 die, the Cathedral gets wiped, everyone on the plane dies...
I also noticed replaying Leon's chapter 5
when the giant explosion is happening, the helicopter gets close to the ground and a guy jumps out on top of a truck to wave you in then just gets eaten in the explosion. Guy basically committed suicide for no reason.

I kind of get what they were going for, but I legitimately felt bad for everyone that crossed Leon and Helena's way.
They pretty much leave everyone they encounter to die and seem to barely put in any effort to protect them. I usually don't feel bad for random NPcs in games, but for some reason this game made me care for a few of them a bit. I was sad to see the old dude and the Japanese guy die together at the end of chapter 1, they were introduced last but were my favorite of the initial survivors.

Then in Chapter 2 as pointed out Leon and Helena opened up the way for the area to get stormed and nearly everyone dies in there without Leon and Helena saying anything, and then they just leave the last survivor alone to die as she calls out for her friend.

And then the fucking BSAA soldiers that are helping them in chapter 5 they seem to give no damns for. First there's the BSAA solders who are needlessly sacrificing themselves for Leon and Helena to survive from the gas. The best one was the guy who was getting grabbed by like, twenty zombies, and sacrifices himself to let them through. And then Leon simply says good luck. GOOD LUCK!? The guy just sacrificed his life for you and was being grabbed by twenty zombies and being a true hero and all you can say is good luck!? Then they leave the BSAA soldier to die who comes to save them in the helicopter, and they have no response to when the guy in the jeep dies. Leon comments when he comes into the boss arena that he's glad to see he's safe, but then has no reaction when he dies.

Dusk Golem

Actually, random comment but do you think costumes for campaign may be patched in later? I only ask since I know next week No Hope and Ada's campaign co-op are getting patched into the game, and there's really no reason the costumes can't be implemented into the game since the cutscenes are rendered in real-time.

I'm pretty sure Sherry wins the cute award for the Resident Evil series. I wish I had access to the PC version so I could take screenshots at 2560x1440.

http://www.abload.de/img/ptbi2012-10-1217-56-2cbohg.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-10-12_14-44-58qeqa6.jpg
she has definitely surpassed
Rebecca_Big.png

Sectus

Actually, random comment but do you think costumes for campaign may be patched in later? I only ask since I know next week No Hope and Ada's campaign co-op are getting patched into the game, and there's really no reason the costumes can't be implemented into the game since the cutscenes are rendered in real-time.

I can see there being a few technical reasons why this wouldn't work well, or potentially not at all. I think clipping might become an issue since some of the alternate costumes has some rather large objects attached to them.

A bigger problem is how the models are set up. I haven't done proper research but I think there's cutscene exclusive variants of all the head models, and I think cutscenes also use higher res textures for some models. So with the alternate costumes not set up to be used in the same way, it might not simply work as it is without additional work.

It's a shame it isn't supported though, as it made cutscenes in RE5 fun to rewatch with the extra costumes.

Sectus, we need more Sherry pics. You're now doing this full-time and I'm paying you X amount of love per hour! :p

If only I were paid, then I could do this endlessly, but I don't think I have the time/patience to make a ton of screenshots. Especially considering screenshots of the PC version will be soooooo much nicer.

Noi

I can see there being a few technical reasons why this wouldn't work well, or potentially not at all. I think clipping might become an issue since some of the alternate costumes has some rather large objects attached to them.

Didn't stop them before! Hell, that's part of the charm of using the alt costumes.

i5sqrt7nw7yZm.png

Besides, Helena's arms clip into her tits all the time and Capcom likely isn't patching that anytime soon. :V

Christopher

-The
Cathedral

-The beginning
airplane flight

-

-In Chris's Chapter 3,
hunting the giant snake

Chinese mansion

-I liked the
Chainsaw boss
in Jake's chapter 4
and Ada's chapter 3.

I can make a list of
Ada's

Was the downfall of Tall Oaks from the demo?

A bigger problem is how the models are set up. I haven't done proper research but I think there's cutscene exclusive variants of all the head models, and I think cutscenes also use higher res textures for some models. So with the alternate costumes not set up to be used in the same way, it might not simply work as it is without additional work.

It's a shame it isn't supported though, as it made cutscenes in RE5 fun to rewatch with the extra costumes.

If that was the case its all the more reason we should have gotten RPD & STARS before the stupid Dead Rising style costumes.

Z3M0G

The boss encounter in Leon 4 could have been the most surprising, unique, and amazing gaming experiences of my life if I was online... :(

Top Bottom