• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Kalentan

So did I skip a part? I got to the main hall and...
the phone was ringing. I assumed it was Zoe and that it would begin the next part. So I opted to just explore and found the bathroom where I was then attacked by Jack. However when I got back to the Main Hall, the phone had stopped ringing...

Trace

Banned
Is it me or this is hard as nails? I'm feeling so damn helpless. There's barely any ammo anywhere, so I've been spending my chem fluids on bullets, but now I'm out of ammo and need to go to the damn basement again. FML.

If using that item-showing item showed me anything, it's that there is significantly more ammo scattered around the environment than I usually find. Check every room.

I think I'm just being an idiot but I can not get past jack right after the dinner scene. What am I missing here?

You can stealth that section, just wait for him to walk back to the dining room and then go past him.

So is the game scary enough without VR? Impressions appreciated!

It's survival horror all right. The scariest thing is being low on ammo the entire time IMO.

cwistofu

As someone who had to take a break from Fatal Frame every 5 minutes, I should not have purchased this game at launch.

Or ever.

Ok cool, so basically all I missed was the
tape?
The other poster was right, the lockpick is not where it was in the demo,
but if you turn around at the beginning of the video it is on the ground behind you. It opens up the same cabinet but this time there is a coin in there, not an axe.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If using that item-showing item showed me anything, it's that there is significantly more ammo scattered around the environment than I usually find. Check every room.

Just found them for the first them. Damn I've missed a lot of stuff. This is amazing.

The other poster was right, the lockpick is not where it was in the demo,
but if you turn around at the beginning of the video it is on the ground behind you. It opens up the same cabinet but this time there is a coin in there, not an axe.

Nooo. Oh well, next playthough.

Spinky

Just spent like five minutes trying to do the spider shadow puzzle thing in the second VHS tape before giving up. Hope that wasn't actually possible to do at that point.

EDIT: OK, maybe you have to do it? 'Cos I don't think I can progress right now.
Thinking of the game in these terms makes it more tolerable to play, somehow!

Crazy demon?-infested girl whose look and mood changes at the drop of a hat and chops your hand off with a chainsaw? That has to be reference to Evil Dead!

Bad post. Stop it.

Ferrio

Banned
Just spent like five minutes trying to do the spider shadow puzzle thing in the second VHS tape before giving up. Hope that wasn't actually possible to do at that point.

EDIT: OK, maybe you have to do it? 'Cos I don't think I can progress right now.

Keep trying

ChouGoku

So I'm 2 hrs in with VR and so far this is not a scary game. I don't really know how to put it, there are jump scares, good jump scares but the demo made me think this would have a different tone. It's very fun but it is very much a game and not a P.T clone. So far I would say its a B-movie in VR and I've died a few times so its challenging. My only complaint is that the jump scares are too good, they feel like they are in the right place and never feel too random and out of place meaning that its not as scary as I thought it would be. Granted the beginning was scary as hell and I'm sure they didn't peak with the scares in the 1st hour.

Edit: Leaning around corners with VR is amazing, it feels so natural. Especially when being pursued . Peeking around a box and watching a baker go the wrong way feels so good

AppleMIX

So what does the
Dirty Coin
actually do?

Also,
did I miss the scorpion key? I defeated Jack and now outside.

masterkajo

Oh all the impressions. I am really thinking of picking this up. Though two reasons why I am hesitating. First of all, I am the biggest wuss there is. I know I will scream like a girl (and thus can only play it when my girlfriend is not home) and second I would love to play in VR but I don't own a Ps4. Any info, news etc if the game has VR support on PC or when it will be officially (or unofficially eg. mods) supported? Should I wait? I can only imagine that you will get one chance to play this for the first time (and in VR).

Beat the game on easy under 4 hours and unlocked x-ray glasses and circular saw. No unlimited ammo. Maybe that's under 4 hours on normal?

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
So I'm 2 hrs in with VR and so far this is not a scary game. I don't really know how to put it, there are jump scares, good jump scares but the demo made me think this would have a different tone. It's very fun but it is very much a game and not a P.T clone. So far I would say its a B-movie in VR and I've died a few times so its challenging. My only complaint is that the jump scares are too good, they feel like they are in the right place and never feel too random and out of place meaning that its not as scary as I thought it would be. Granted the beginning was scary as hell and I'm sure they didn't peak with the scares in the 1st hour.

Hey! We've got a tough guy here!

T.O.P

Banned
This ain't normal i guess?

:|

1444vqjej.png

IMACOMPUTA

No.
I checked the same areas in the demo and the
lock pick wasn't even available when viewing the tape.

It is. It's
on the ground where you spawn.

Holy fuck, guys. This game is impressing me sooooooooooo much. I can't believe some of the shit that has happened. How did Capcom pull this off so well? Fuck yeah.

Spinky

I dunno if I'm retarded or what, but this spider puzzle is a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I'M A FUCKING IDIOT, I NEVER REALISED YOU HAD TO PRESS F TO PROGRESS. FUCK.

Look, I got up at 4am to play this.

ChouGoku

Hey! We've got a tough guy here!

Tough guy? No, I'm saying that its not as scary as the demo would make you believe 2 hrs in. I did say the 1st hour was scary, but getting a VR gun must be like getting a real one, it makes things much less scary. Plus this game is not full of cheap jump scares so far so maneuvering through the levels is not that bad

the spider puzzle wasnt that bad, just keep spinning it. they seemed pretty lenient with the orientation

KaYotiX

Banned

a small hint not sure if its a spoiler but ill mark it anyways
is it doesn't need to match up EXACTLY, just close and make sure you hit F or accept

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

EDIT: I'M A FUCKING IDIOT, I NEVER REALISED YOU HAD TO PRESS F TO PROGRESS. FUCK.

Look, I got up at 4am to play this.

Took me a while too hahaha

Astral

Is this basement people are talking about the processing area? I just stopped playing there and yeah, bye bye ammo. So far it doesn't seem like you can zip past a lot of enemies like in the old games. I mean you can but I didn't wanna try it because I had no idea where to go and these guys are surprisingly fast.

ChouGoku

Im not saying its bad in VR, its just more tolerable than I thought. This is a game where you shoot things. Being able to shoot things is much more tolerable than waiting to be killed

Wanderer5

Alright that be it for tonight. Around 2 1/2 hours in, where
I left the main building (?) and headed off to the old building area for a little bit before calling it. Shall see how fucked up Marguerite is next.

Man not sure where to begin tbh, but this is quite enjoyable so far.

Is this basement people are talking about the processing area? I just stopped playing there and yeah, bye bye ammo. So far it doesn't seem like you can zip past a lot of enemies like in the old games. I mean you can but I didn't wanna try it because I had no idea where to go and these guys are surprisingly fast.

You can lead them to a more open area where you can go around, if you're brave.

I'm not brave. But I am accurate, and I have about 50 bullets. So I can afford to spare a few to kill enemies when necessary.

I really hate the molded. They're so fast and the areas you have to fight them are so narrows. I've died so many times to them already.
The quick turn is incredibly useful. If you see that they're about to charge, do a quick turn and dash away. If you know you won't be able to get away in time, block and you can avoid most of the heavy damage.

Risev1

Advice to Steam players, don't look at the Steam cards you get for the game. They spoiled what a certain character looked like even though I'm only 2 hours into the game.

Spinky

Advice to Steam players, don't look at the Steam cards you get for the game. They spoiled what a certain character looked like even though I'm only 2 hours into the game.

Yeah, this just happened to me less than a minute ago. Don't look at 'em.

Sanctuary

So, I was hoping the PC version had HDR like Capcom said it would. It does. However, I guess make sure you want what you ask for right? With HDR on, I can't set the screen to 1440p and have it full screen. Instead, I get a box in the middle of my screen. To get HDR and full screen, I have to set it to 2160p, which of course limits me to 30fps (and sometimes lower...). It's perfectly playable, and it looks pretty nice.

But, I wanted to shut HDR off so that I could run it in 1440p just to see the difference, and either the implementation of it is just really fucking bad, or my TV doesn't want to play nice. If I shut HDR off, the screen gets mega bright, as though there's almost no shadows at all. Adjusting the brightness and black level doesn't really do anything to help, other than wash all of the textures out into dithering, pixellated blobs. My TV also forces me to use HDR each time I reset the game. Even if I shut off Ultra HDMI Color and then the start the game, my TV detects a game that uses HDR and forces me to restart the TV to enable it no matter what.

:(

Wanderer5

Yeah the basement had a couple annoying rooms.
Fuck that boiler room, and the second fight with Jack was kind of bleh, through still has its moments when it came to chainsaw duel.:p Liked the encounter in the garage more.

Yeah, this just happened to me less than a minute ago. Don't look at 'em.

Wow really? Well saw that I had gotten two Lucas, and the family dinner card, so guess I didn't get it.

Top Bottom