• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

JayEH

Beat the first boss. Looks like I'll be able to leave the mansion now. Molded aren't too bad unless there's more than one. Once you get the shotgun they're trivial. Liking the game so far but I didn't like the stalker parts in the beginning.

T.O.P

Banned
Lmao this game gets you paranoid as fuck I scared myself twice just by bumping into doors and turning around seeing my own shadow lmao

Sound design so far is damn incredible as well

Can you load an old save on PS4 Pro? I made some mistakes.

if you made an earlier separate savefile :D there is only one autosave.

You can also see what is the last file on the cloudsave and re-download that if it helps.

Wow Ethan u so slow

Walkspeed and turning speed is in the options and left stick runs a little faster.

In the first hour of the game... How does countering work in this game? Tap the left trigge? Hold it?

Just hold it, it's more like a block.

Ludens

Banned
I have a problem, demo was ok for me, the main game looks blurry as hell, like very low definition textures, despite the game being on Very High.

Wanderer5

Yay this is already too scurry =/

Also, am I going crazy or was there two Demos for this game? or was it just one that got updated later?

It is just one demo that got updated overtime.

I have a problem, demo was ok for me, the main game looks blurry as hell, like very low definition textures, despite the game being on Very High.

I trying to remember what setting it was (think it had to do with rendering), but I noticed that too, and was able to disable it.

Edit: Try changing the rendering method option. I pretty sure that is it.

AlanOC91

Going to get home from work today and give this a go. Not even looking forward to it because I think I'll be terrified. The demo even gave me the heebie jeebies.

Bringing on Digimon World Next Order! :p Much easier on the nerves.

Belfast

Just spent like five minutes trying to do the spider shadow puzzle thing in the second VHS tape before giving up. Hope that wasn't actually possible to do at that point.

EDIT: OK, maybe you have to do it? 'Cos I don't think I can progress right now.

Bad post. Stop it.

I meant in terms of its overall scariness. Not the quality of the game. If you let the camp creep in, it helps a little, though so far, there's less of it compared to the usual RE games.

Jharp

1. is there a way to turn chromatic aberration off in the main game but on in the VHS segments? Short of doing it manually, obviously.

2. Is there a way to not have my crosshairs dispalyed with a gun out, but still have my dot appear when aiming a gun? I have the the crosshair settings set to "only when aiming," but I think that actually means "only when your gun is out," because It's still showing the actual crosshairs when not aiming.

Ozium

had trouble with the opening parts w/
Daddy Jack
given the limited area to go and also got legit spooked when
he busted through the wall.. even though I had seen that from trailers or early footage, I had restarted that area a couple of times and had run past that multiple times while he was looking for me and nothing ever happened so I had assumed it must be in a later part of the game and then WAM.....

lol

NAPK1NS

So, earlier in the day I got those Platnium headphones knowing that I couldn't afford VR. I consider myself a hardened horror fan and this is a pretty goddamn scary game.

noomi

Protip.

On the PS4, turn off camera acceleration, it's terrible and adds to input lag.

Same as mouse acceleration for PC, should always be off.

Wanderer5

Really like the save rooms. The cassette recorders being the save system is pretty cool, the music is great, and I dig seeing the storage boxes again.

yeah it was completely different, however you only sat in a chair and did a few things. It was more of a VR showcase than anything.

Ah okay.

Two hours in and holy fuck does Ethan get wrecked.
Gets his hands stabbed and chainsawed off. Thought I somehow messed up but the son of a bitch picks up his hand and carries on holding his squirting stump. I honestly felt a bit sick during that.

The game is everything I wanted it to be so far. It may play different and be more "cinematic" but it feels like a true return to survival horror.

Spinky

heybro

C27K2nAXcAAREmO.jpg:large

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Slightly spoilery question here, but are the Bakers constantly stalking you?

The house seems like an amazing location but I don't know if I would enjoy exploring it if there was constantly someone on my tail. Haven't started the game yet so forgive me if this is immediately obvious.

Roussow

Games great -- Although the boss fights (the first three I've encountered so far) have felt really awkward. You move so fucking slowly, it's totally feasible to dodge attacks, but it just feels odd. Maybe I should be using the block more? Although I'd rather high-risk avoid all damage than low-risk diminish it with a block. I'm curious to hear how effective the block is for everyone.

The only other thing I'm noticing is there's the occasional moment of being boxed in during a boss phase of scripted encounter, and these moments really feel like they'd benifit from VR, not playing in VR it does come across as a bit odd.

The second boss I fumbled through -- although it had the most interestingly designed arena so far, I facefucked my way through it so it's hard to really get on the games case about it not feeling great. I think it's literally my brain not being used to a dash/dodge function.

If y'all are reading this and thinking this sounds absurd -- through some pro tips my way. I'm confident I'm playing far from optimally, at least in terms of combat, I'm pretty happy with my exploration.

Unison

Slightly spoilery question here, but are the Bakers constantly stalking you?

The house seems like an amazing location but I don't know if I would enjoy exploring it if there was constantly someone on my tail. Haven't started the game yet so forgive me if this is immediately obvious.

So far it seems more that it's scenes where you hide until they go away... then you get to explore again.

Trickster

Hello, I have some questions about the game that I hope someone is willing to answer.

First off, I'm just wondering about the variety of things in the game? I ask because from what I've seen and heard, it sounds kinda like the game is largely about you exploring a house while having a lot of run ins with the family of 3 who live there?

Secondly, does this feel at all like a resident evil game when you play it? I was excited for the game when it was announced, but the more I've seen from the game, the less excited I've become for it, it just doesn't really seem much like an RE game to me based on that. Is there even zombies in the game?

Thirdly, and this might be too soon to ask, but how long is the game roughly? I head a number in the gamespot review which seemed quite low to me.

Lastly, how does saving work? One of the thing I really enjoyed about the old RE games was the way saving worked, how it was a scarce resource that you had to use sensibly.

Unison

Hello, I have some questions about the game that I hope someone is willing to answer.

First off, I'm just wondering about the variety of things in the game? I ask because from what I've seen and heard, it sounds kinda like the game is largely about you exploring a house while having a lot of run ins with the family of 3 who live there?

It's largely that, although it doesn't feel very repetitive thus far (3.5 hours in). VR probably helps the novelty factor a great deal, if that is an option for you.

There's action gameplay, for sure, though...

Secondly, does this feel at all like a resident evil game when you play it? I was excited for the game when it was announced, but the more I've seen from the game, the less excited I've become for it, it just doesn't really seem much like an RE game to me based on that. Is there even zombies in the game?

Yes, it very much feels like RE1 or RE4 to me, even if it's in first person.

Thirdly, and this might be too soon to ask, but how long is the game roughly? I head a number in the gamespot review which seemed quite low to me.

Lastly, how does saving work? One of the thing I really enjoyed about the old RE games was the way saving worked, how it was a scarce resource that you had to use sensibly.

I saw 9-12 hours for gameplay time.

Saving is similar to RE1, but there's no ribbon limit.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys, I'm what the man in the street would call fairly "Hard boiled", but this shit is fucked, yo.

Mia looked scary as fuck BEFORE shit went sideways. Just reached the first save spot and this thing is insane.

Kard8p3

can someone with the pc version tell me if it shows ps4 prompts when using a PS4 controller? It bugs the fuck out of me when they don't, and sadly a lot of games do this.

Tip: Don't waste your ammo on
The Moulded
early in the game. They are easily taken down with a combo of
keeping distance when you see the swinging animation
and using
your knife
Swing at the head a couple of times.

Top Bottom