• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Having trouble finding a good brightness setting. I can turn it all the way down in game, and it barely meets the invisible coin criteria, but then everything seems... really really dark. Is that intended?

Tip: Don't waste your ammo on
The Moulded
early in the game. They are easily taken down with a combo of
keeping distance when you see the swinging animation
and using
your knife
Swing at the head a couple of times.
Also don't be scared of groups you can manage them easily by keeping them
in a doorway

The Moulded
and using
your knife

This is what I've been doing but I was blocking. Which eventually didn't ended up wittling away at my health because there's so damn many of them in that basement area. I guess I need to use the quick turn and spring away after a couple hits. Still getting used to that.

DocSeuss

Two inventory questions! No idea if these constitute spoilers; I imagine they don't, but I figure I'll spoiler 'em any ways. I'm only about 2 hours in.

1) How do
psychostimulants work in RE7?

2) I have a
scorpion key; can I use this more than once, or is it single use?

Also don't be scared of groups you can manage them easily by keeping them
in a doorway

I wish I had seen this before I ran myself down to 2 bullets.

This is what I've been doing but I was blocking. Which eventually didn't ended up wittling away at my health because there's so damn many of them in that basement area. I guess I need to use the quick turn and spring away after a couple hits. Still getting used to that.

I knifed my through that boiler room a couple of minutes ago. I kept them in the doorway and stepped back whenever I saw the attack animation. I only blocked if I couldn't go back fast enough.

Any console comparisons up yet?

I've got base models of both PS4 & Xbox but I'm preferring the Xbox at the moment due to the elite controller, but if the differences are big I'll go PS4.

Two inventory questions! No idea if these constitute spoilers; I imagine they don't, but I figure I'll spoiler 'em any ways. I'm only about 2 hours in.

1) How do
psychostimulants work in RE7?

2) I have a
scorpion key; can I use this more than once, or is it single use?

I wish I had seen this before I ran myself down to 2 bullets.

1) They let you see items more easily
2) Yes you can use it on every scorpion door.
3) Yeah I ran out of bullets too in that area and it pissed me off so I reloaded my safe file and knifed my way through it.

masterkajo

So, I have the PSVR, but also a 4k TV with HDR and a PS4 PRO.

What to do?
That would be an easy choice for me... Do you want to see the monsters in all their gory glory? Or rather be immersed by them being literally in your face?

I would go VR if I could.

nin1000

Banned
Just woke up and now I am ready to play this game but I can only select normal or easy as an difficulty setting. Is there way to at least play this in hard mode ?
I know the madhouse difficulty is only available from the beginning to those who prefer ordered the game, but what about hard mode ?

So far not too good. The demo run on my notebook, but when I try to launch the game it just doesn't happen and the steam client crashes as well. :(
Now I'll try to update drivers and redownload the game.
Let's hope I wont have this kind of problem next week on my desktop.
Notebook spec: GT 740M 2GB, 4 GB RAM and i7 4702MQ @ 2.2GHz

I totally got Tower of Latria vibes from Marguerite Baker with her
lantern
in the second video tape. This game has me on the edge of my seat.

Celeras

Banned
PS4 Pro + VR folks: how was the opening sequence in the outdoors for you? I found it very straining on my eyes on the normal PS4. I dont know if it was the jaggies or draw distance or whatever, but I was squinting to try to look in the distance/etc.

I was much more immersed when I got inside, just wondering how others with the Pro feel. I don't know if theres actually any difference.

cheez124

The Moulded
and using
your knife
ha, wish i had seen this earlier. i assumed the knife was useless like in almost every other RE and threw it in the item box. i shot all of them, but i'm still doing pretty well on ammo thankfully

Also, the early
Molded
can simply be avoided. They're slow outside of their telegraphed charge and they can't open doors at all.

I only clean out hallways and rooms I need to solve puzzles in.

what-ok

Tensions are high and loving it so far. I can tell this first run is gunna be sloppy. Running low on bullets and I'm not good at avoiding attacks in close quarters.

Excuse me, but what happens with the shadows in the PC version?`

shadowsf9sba.png

Can I disable this ? It is really distracting to my eyes.

So it's 5am pitch dark and I just woke up wanting to play this, as soon as I see
one of the Baker's walking in the woods
I turned it off. I'll wait a few hours until it's light out I'm too old for this scary shit.

People weren't kidding about this game eating up VRAM. Even with a 3.5GB on "High" textures and at 90% resolution (out of 1080p), I still got a memory crash. Can't run much in the background or you'll get lots of driver crashes.

God damn, aiming in this game is fucking hard.

That's kinda deliberate. Ethan isn't a BSAA or STARS agent. Heck, he's not even a rookie cop. He's just some guy way, way in over his head. As a result, there's no real explanation for why he'd be able to use a gun properly. So he doesn't; he fires from the hip and can't control the weapon's recoil, because he's an amateur at best.

DocSeuss

Should I use the
repair kit
on the
broken handgun
or is the
starter pistol
good enough and there's something I should be saving it for?

azz0r

Banned
Had my first bout of feeling sick after playing for the past hour, I think I appreciate it more without VR anyway! Or at least my heart does.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Opening of the game looks kinda dull and washed out in HDR.

My calibration is right... just looks rather bad.
Yeah I get what you're saying with the washed out look. The walk to the house didn't look the best and now I'm
outside again
it's kinda the same.

Anyone using a KS8000 Samsung who thinks its looking great? Care to share your settings? PS4 pro settings, the TV and what display settings you have in game?

ISee

This game is great, it really feels like an evolved RE1 + 30% Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I'm exploring a house, the atmosphere is very spooky/disturbing, I'm solving puzzles (light puzzles here...), looking for keys, searching for items and there is gore, a lot of bloody gore.
GREAT! 2017 started with a surprise hit (so far).

I also wonder how long it is going to take them to put the game on the german index (a.k.a. soft ban it). Just look at this (
Garage Scene
spoiler warning. ), my mouth dropped.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So, I have the PSVR, but also a 4k TV with HDR and a PS4 PRO.

What to do?

Same here. The game looks intense, so I'm gonna go 4k/HDR for my first run through, then VR for my second.

Lanrutcon

How long is the game?

Watched a 6 hour run of the master difficulty last night. Was the guy's second time through the game, so I severely doubt anyone's first run is going to be at that pace. It wasn't a speed run, but he knew how to solve the puzzles and which enemies to just walk by, and which to kill.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is it
Jack
? I'm having a hard time. I feel like I get close but he gets back up so many times. Doing the
chainsaw battle
. When will
he
die?
He has a lot of health. Unload all ammo and press l2 and r2 with chainsaw when his torso is exposed.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any point to shooting the Bakers? Feel free to spoiler responses.

Spinky

Anybody know what... like, ANY of these coins are for?

I'm still only about 2.5 hours in but so far I've found no use for the dirty coin or the antique ones.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah that area kinda had way too many considering all the small corridors

Top Bottom