• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Ridley327

He is right about the scanning, though; it is weird that scanning enemies doesn't yield anything outside of herbs. Considering how much they've liked their model viewer in the more recent titles, it would have been pretty cool to see them tie that into scanning monsters completely.

delta25

Banned
I have to apologize to all the people that added me to their list, I ended up trading my 3DS in order to get a Vita. (Due to budgetary cutbacks in the delta home in order for me and the wife to move and get our debt under control)

Sorry guys

:)

NeoRausch

I have to apologize to all the people that added me to their list, I ended up trading my 3DS in order to get a Vita. (Due to budgetary cutbacks in the delta home in order for me and the wife to move and get our debt under control)

Sorry guys

:)
What.Have.You.Done.!

:3

Is it possible that someone who was bored by the demo, but loves Resident Evil (in general) would end up liking this game? I find the monsters to be pretty lame and the game to be rather ugly (though technically impressive for being on the 3DS).

Is it possible that someone who was bored by the demo, but loves Resident Evil (in general) would end up liking this game? I find the monsters to be pretty lame and the game to be rather ugly (though technically impressive for being on the 3DS).

full game has a few monster variations, and some really beautiful locations also action sections are pretty good.
I was bored with the demo after 1 playthrough, have played this through twice and have about 20hours in Raid Mode.

pa22word

Hm...raid mode is starting to bore me. I ran through Chasm with Parker and S ranked every stage but 4 of them. I've on stage seven in Trench and have S ranked everything thus far with minimal effort.

Does it get better?

NeoRausch

Hm...raid mode is starting to bore me. I ran through Chasm with Parker and S ranked every stage but 4 of them. I've on stage seven in Trench and have S ranked everything thus far with minimal effort.

Does it get better?
Lol, why u no sell game? You keep. Moaning about the stuff u dont like.
yes it get's better...but it was great at that point....

Mdk7

I'm seriously speechless towards the beauty of this game.
I'm almost at the end i think
i just discovered the Queen Dido and explored it a bit...
The part with the martyrs dead and mutated, their corpses lined up on the table, is such a powerful passage.

Seriously, i wanna wait till the epilogue, but this is probably my favorite Resident Evil EVER.
There, i said it.

pa22word

You haven't even begun to see the crazy stuff in Raid yet.

That's good to hear. I will admit, I laughed quite heartily at
the mini skagdead in Terra-whatever 2

A time table on when it starts to get better?
Lol, why u no sell game? You keep. Moaning about the stuff u dont like.

Because I'm at the point in my life I can both criticize something for its faults and still enjoy it for its strengths.

Ridley327

That's good to hear. I will admit, I laughed quite heartily at
the mini skagdead in Terra-whatever 2

A time table on when it starts to get better?

Because I'm at the point in my life I can both criticize something for its faults and still enjoy it for its strengths.

If you're up to mission 7 on Trench, you're pretty close to where ammo management suddenly becomes a very big priority. They start throwing more and more special types at you, the mobs themselves become considerably bigger and ammo drops aren't nearly as frequent as they once were. The general enemy population doesn't change up that much from Chasm to Trench, but they make it pretty clear that simply shooting them until they die isn't going to be a working strategy for much longer. Then, comes Abyss...

Toge

wtf weird and i got ripped off - got an A with a similar run I got an S with on stage 15 abyss... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu crapcom

jjgames

This was a pain to buy. Every Best Buy in Colorado was sold out last week except for one in Grand Junction (5 hour drive from me). Today my local Best Buy got another shipment, but 4 different employees couldn't find it on the shelves, in the warehouse, in the media warehouse, or anywhere else. Finally 30 mins later one of them found it in an still packed up box.

I hope the game is hard to find because it is selling well. It is really fun so far.

Just had a session with a high level Parker. The whole time he basically spammed-

"I'm buying you lunch."

I lost it every time. If there is ever a RE Revelations 2 the subtitle should be that line.

The player's name wasn't Mr. X by any chance was it? I owe so many lunches.

Borman

This was a pain to buy. Every Best Buy in Colorado was sold out last week except for one in Grand Junction (5 hour drive from me). Today my local Best Buy got another shipment, but 4 different employees couldn't find it on the shelves, in the warehouse, in the media warehouse, or anywhere else. Finally 30 mins later one of them found it in an still packed up box.

I hope the game is hard to find because it is selling well. It is really fun so far.

I picked it up the day after the release at FYE of all places. I hate the store, but Gamestop was pulling their "Do you have a reserve" and Best Buy was sold out. Same price at FYE, plus got the case no problem.

Campaign finished! Well that was pretty fun. The plot was convoluted and dumb, but it was still fun. Now the question is, Casual no Herb run or straight to Hell?

There is nothing ugly about the final game.

The demo has little to do with the final product(that part doesn't even look exactly the same as it does in the actual game), I see it moreso as getting a grip on the mechanics once again.

People are mixed about the enemies but there are plenty of variants of them in the game as always.

It's actually weird for me that some criticize the enemies in their deisgns yet were fine with zombies in the past games.

I guess shooting humans is more favorable to them.

If you're a fan of the series, I'd say it's a must-have game as it looks and IS that real an entry.

shuri

Banned
Against all odds (and good judgement) I picked up a black 3ds with this game, and I'm very impressed. I was not expecting a fully featured game like this. Is there a merc mode when you finish the game?

Insaniac

Trying to play Raid, are there really so few play sessions around the world? Everyone I Join ditches me :(

ANyone wanna play? Lvl 17

If you're a fan of the series, I'd say it's a must-have game as it looks and IS that real an entry.

Yup.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a RE:Code Veronica-level title, in terms of content and polish. It's certainly not the throwaway fan-service of RE:Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles, and I'm absolutely delighted with the game so far (Normal campaign complete, and 10 levels into Raid Mode).

Hale-XF11

So, I attempted Stage 7 Abyss on my own earlier today. I was feeling pretty cocky, having gotten myself up to lvl 44 last night after doing some grinding. Got severely owned by a horde of hunters. Yeesh.

Against all odds (and good judgement) I picked up a black 3ds with this game, and I'm very impressed. I was not expecting a fully featured game like this. Is there a merc mode when you finish the game?

Not a merc mode, no. However there is a similar mode that unlocks pretty early on in the Campaign mode i.e. story mode, that does not have the diminishing time aspect of merc mode. I adore it and prefer it to merc. Hope you will too :).

Ridley327

So, I attempted Stage 7 Abyss on my own earlier today. I was feeling pretty cocky, having gotten myself up to lvl 44 last night after doing some grinding. Got severely owned by a horde of hunters. Yeesh.

That level is definitely the line that separates the men from the boys. I just got done with that one myself online and holy shit, that whole level will have you on your toes the whole way. Hunters can definitely take a beating on Abyss, that's for sure.

The scary part? A good chunk of my bounties are for mission 19 now, and they all have insanely good weapon drops if I can get them. The catch, of course, is having to deal with Hunters that will be 7-8 levels higher.

May God have mercy on my soul.

You don't lose your high level gear by doing this. sorry if I was inaccurate about that. Actually, I think you can even equip a lvl 45 weapon after you adjusted to lvl 10. It's just to get some low level stuff out of the store.

You can still use any equipment that is at or under your legit level. When you lower your level it affects your defense as well as the damage you do with all of your weapons and subweapons.

To see how much damage changed I tested this with a Lv. 44 Magnum Python that had 25180 Firepower.

Playing on Chasm 20 at level 44 I do the following damage:
54390 - Chainsaw guys (Normal shot, not in it's human part)
60432 / 90648 - Claw guys
63000 - Draghignazzo (Used a Grenade here to show how huge of a difference levels make for subweapons)
30594 - Final Form Abyss (Heart Shot)

Playing on Chasm 20 at level 1 I only do the following damage:
2719 - Chainsaw guys (Normal shot, not in it's human part)
3021 / 4532 - Claw guys
315 - Draghignazzo (Used a Grenade here to show how huge of a difference levels make for subweapons)
1529 - Final Form Abyss (Heart Shot)

NFreak

So I just bought Revelations a couple days ago and I just finished episode 9. I've been having a blast. With the exception of a few technical hiccups that are pretty annoying, this is a fantastic RE game. I don't get the hate on Quint and Keith. So far they haven't been particularly annoying and one of Quint's lines in chapter 9 literally made me pause my game, put my 3DS down, and start laughing because it was so unexpected. Definitely happy with the game.
This game is tits.

Hale-XF11

The scary part? A good chunk of my bounties are for mission 19 now, and they all have insanely good weapon drops if I can get them. The catch, of course, is having to deal with Hunters that will be 7-8 levels higher.

May God have mercy on my soul.

That sounds horrifying.

On another note, I just S ranked Abyss Stages 7-13 with some helpful folk online. Whew! I was sweating throughout.

bumpkin

I imagine I'm way behind most of you, but I'm working on my first play-through and just finished episode 4 (I think?). Good freaking lord,
the fight with Rachael
molested my ammo stock! I went in with a bunch of herbs, handgun, shotty and machine gun rounds, and have hardly any left now.
The waves of normal enemies interspersed throughout the fight didn't help matters.
I also got a case of the 3DS hand cramps near the end that almost screwed me over when the action got heated.

Still, loving the game so far!

IMAGINE GAIZ: Toucing yourself and male friends.

nah i know..you meant guys.

is it still sold out everywhere in u.s.?

I'm not sure, but I have Zon credit that is begging to be used. I think the misprint really effed up a lof of their initial shipments. Revelations gunna Revelaitons.

Top Bottom