• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Effect

i finished the campaign but raid mode is not showing up for me, any help?

You have to go into the missions menu and confirm that the mission was completed. It should have a check on it I think. Selecting it and selecting A will let you receive the rewards they offer. Raid mode and it's various stages are treated as rewards there.

I finally got this today... erm... I'm having severe problems with the controls. Even with CCP I can't aim properly... It just feels weird and I don't know why... I'm very used to playing 3rd person shooter games and have never had an issue, but with the 3DS analogs I'm aiming like 3 year old... what the hell am I doing wrong? oO

I finally got this today... erm... I'm having severe problems with the controls. Even with CCP I can't aim properly... It just feels weird and I don't know why... I'm very used to playing 3rd person shooter games and have never had an issue, but with the 3DS analogs I'm aiming like 3 year old... what the hell am I doing wrong? oO

Try the gyro controls.

Finally started playing this and I just beat the 2nd episode and I'm loving the way they structured the game. Breaking things up into ~1hour episodes is perfect for a handheld and the recaps it makes it feel like a cheesy sci-fi series and I love it for that. Episode two felt like classic Resident Evil and was actually pretty harrowing. I think i'm going to play an episode at a time and just to keep the TV series feel going.

Ridley327

You know, I never really noticed this before, but Raid missions 14 and 15 give you an insane amount of area to cover if you want to explore (and you should, since there's tons of goodies to be had). 15, especially, gives you damn near the entire ship to muck around in.

Just reached the final boss. Holy shit.

It's so great that a Nintendo handheld can finally handle an orchestral soundtrack now after all these years. And it's all the better for it. Revelations' soundtrack is fucking godly.

braves01

Banned
Went to my local Best Buy to pick this up today but they were sold out. I know there was some discussion of this earlier in the thread, but frankly I'm too lazy to look for it. Is the consensus RE:R is selling really well, or is it that most places simply didn't have that many copies?

Ridley327

Went to my local Best Buy to pick this up today but they were sold out. I know there was some discussion of this earlier in the thread, but frankly I'm too lazy to look for it. Is the consensus RE:R is selling really well, or is it that most places simply didn't have that many copies?

The latter seems to be the bigger issue right now.

Cookychan

Banned
Just reached the final boss. Holy shit.

It's so great that a Nintendo handheld can finally handle an orchestral soundtrack now after all these years. And it's all the better for it. Revelations' soundtrack is fucking godly.

The
Ooze Tit-lady
track shoulda had "FOOOOOOOOOUND YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!" sprinkled throughout. Uh-huh.

pa22word

So playing raid mode...

Is two pages of guns the hard limit? Or does it just jump to page 3 when you pick up a gun after having 2 pages maxed out? I've been deleting things before running into this problem for the last few hours, and if it just jumps to page three then . _ .

NeoRausch

So playing raid mode...

Is two pages of guns the hard limit? Or does it just jump to page 3 when you pick up a gun after having 2 pages maxed out? I've been deleting things before running into this problem for the last few hours, and if it just jumps to page three then . _ .
You unlock more pages later... I think via mission...or you buy them.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I am now Level 15 , still got a way to go

also have started a new play through on Normal (yeah I am a Resi, newbie so taking it easy) the plan is to go through Normal then onto Hell...usually I complete a game and shelf it, I feel that RE:R will have a long life inside my 3DS

Ridley327

You unlock more pages later... I think via mission...or you buy them.

Every few levels you go up, it unlocks more storage for just about anything (ammo for weapon types, grenade types, herbs and weapon boxes) you could use. I'm at level 43 and I have what I imagine is the final box upgrade at 6x5; can't imagine wanting or even needing more than 30 slots, especially with how the difficulty scales on Abyss.

Wow, haven't played in a while now, and just finished my No herb run. I got to tell you, some parts got me quite enraged. But finally got it done. Now all I need is the last 5 handprints to scan.

Anyway, will be available for some online mayhem later this week.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I got to play the Mad Banquet level last night me at level 15 and a guy at level 5 major Knife action going on, I guess when you level up , the big boss is not (relatively) hard to kill?

Ridley327

I got to play the Mad Banquet level last night me at level 15 and a guy at level 5 major Knife action going on, I guess when you level up , the big boss is not (relatively) hard to kill?

With two players, it's possible to stunlock him in an infinite loop!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Can't decide if I should buy this game or MGS.

Also, lol @ Chris' Duck Lips

You should pay the developer who created a kickass exclusive game instead of what it seems like a C quality port.

In this case, but Revelations. It's really freaking great, and I assume it has more content than MG.

Kenka

Thanks Zavvi to have sent the game.

First thing : that damn game looks exceptionally good. It does look better than all gun-related game on Wii and it could have very well been on the HD twins baring some low-res assets and its corridor character.

Neiteio

Man, I can't get enough of this game... I've logged like two full days in the, what, one week it's been out in the U.S. now. I haven't done that with a game in a long time. Incredible.

Question about RAID: What's the purpose of adjusting your level? I see you can freely set your level to any level you were previously at. Is there a reason a lv. 50 person might want to make themselves lv. 1 for a match?

Question about RAID: What's the purpose of adjusting your level? I see you can freely set your level to any level you were previously at. Is there a reason a lv. 50 person might want to make themselves lv. 1 for a match?

If you are lvl 50 and want to help out a friend who is lvl 10 there isn't much of a challenge to do Chasm stages with him for both of you, because you are basically one shot killing everything. So when you adjust to his lvl you can enter the store and there are going to be weapons matching the set lvl, because you probably dropped all your lvl 10 gear at this point.

If you are lvl 50 and want to help out a friend who is lvl 10 there isn't much of a challenge to do Chasm stages with him for both of you, because you are basically one shot killing everything. So when you adjust to his lvl you can enter the store and there are going to be weapons matching the set lvl, because you probably dropped all your lvl 10 gear at this point.

It wouldn't drop your higher level gear in a way that you couldn't use it in future -- you just can't equip some gear if you're below a certain level.

And yeah, this seems to be why they allow it... to keep the playing field level. Do higher level players encounter much tougher enemies even on the earlier levels?

Neiteio

Oh, that is cool! Of course, when you set back your level, you don't lose your high-level weapons, right? They just sit in your weapons box until you set your level back again so you can equip them... Right?

It wouldn't drop your higher level gear in a way that you couldn't use it in future -- you just can't equip some gear if you're below a certain level.

And yeah, this seems to be why they allow it... to keep the playing field level. Do higher level players encounter much tougher enemies even on the earlier levels?

Oh, that is cool! Of course, when you set back your level, you don't lose your high-level weapons, right? They just sit in your weapons box until you set your level back again so you can equip them... Right?

You don't lose your high level gear by doing this. sorry if I was inaccurate about that. Actually, I think you can even equip a lvl 45 weapon after you adjusted to lvl 10. It's just to get some low level stuff out of the store.

Ridley327

by knife attacking him?

No, you can do it with guns that are fast enough, like the P-90 or the G18 with a fire rate upgrade. As soon as he gets back up from being staggered, he'll go back down if the damage output is fast enough. It's almost like cheating, really.

Oh, and I also found out last night that the shock grenades more or less one-shot the
Scarmigliones (the lance-and-shield enemies)
, and if it doesn't nuke them, it drops them to the ground where they won't be able to
transform on you
. That's a valuable ammo saver.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
No, you can do it with guns that are fast enough, like the P-90 or the G18 with a fire rate upgrade. As soon as he gets back up from being staggered, he'll go back down if the damage output is fast enough. It's almost like cheating, really.

Oh, and I also found out last night that the shock grenades more or less one-shot the
, and if it doesn't nuke them, it drops them to the ground where they won't be able to
transform on you

cheers

ravien56

transform on you

It also allows you to use your melee attack on them to do more damage. Real easy to take them out in the campaign mode.

It felt that way to me to start with but now it feels entirely natural. However, if you really can't adjust to it you can try the gyro controls or the default non CPP, non gyro mode. I used this once after my 3DS needed to be removed from the CPP to be charged and really liked it.

The game does not lack for options in this regard so hopefully you will settle on one method that suits you :).

Wow, haven't played in a while now, and just finished my No herb run. I got to tell you, some parts got me quite enraged. But finally got it done. Now all I need is the last 5 handprints to scan.

Anyway, will be available for some online mayhem later this week.

Oh well done! :) I gave up my no herb run quite early but might try again with my next Campaign run. It was the non Jill sections that did me in :(.

With regard to the Raid mode Store, is everything one would find in there unlockable through playing the Raid mode or are some of the items exclusively available in there?

Also, does no-one have an answer to my earlier question about the importance of the stage ranks in Campaign mode? :( I could consult GameFaqs I expect but I don't want to spoil too many surprises for myself.

Grisby

Just had a session with a high level Parker. The whole time he basically spammed-

"I'm buying you lunch."

I lost it every time. If there is ever a RE Revelations 2 the subtitle should be that line.

Top Bottom